Quantcast Episode 24 - Meet Me At Garys Column - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    He's just jealous that you get to go to Gary's Column whenever you want.
    Okay, but seriously ... I literally just finished listening to this segment and they all were basically mocking me for calling it the Magic Kingdom! If I wasn't so darn tired I would have argued the point further, but it was just too late lol.

I'll be expecting my formal apology and coronation as the Grand All Seeing & All Knowing Disney Guru at the beginning of the next podcast.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it referred to as the Magic Kingdom in any park literature, etc (besides the train spiel?). Of course it was referred to by Walt as his 'magic kingdom'....not Magic Kingdom. That's my point.

Post Thanks / Like

I might be wrong, but I think this scene has been disabled on purpose for the time being. In Disneyland Paris, there was recently an accident involving this scene. Apparently, some of the boulders broke loose and fell on riders, injuring people. I think while the investigation is underway, the earthquake scenes in the BTMRR have all been disabled as a precaution.
    Can never be too safe with BTMRR. Maybe that's just superstition on my part, but something about that particular ride that I'm glad they are being cautious.

Post Thanks / Like

I might be wrong, but I think this scene has been disabled on purpose for the time being. In Disneyland Paris, there was recently an accident involving this scene. Apparently, some of the boulders broke loose and fell on riders, injuring people. I think while the investigation is underway, the earthquake scenes in the BTMRR have all been disabled as a precaution.
    Yes I remember reading about the DLP accident. I will say though the earthquake element on BTMR at WDW was down months prior to the DLP accident occurring. I do hope they can and will get this element up and running again.
    Lee

DL '13
    POFQ '11
    ASMu '08
    POP '07
    ASMo '05
    DCL Magic '00
    POFQ '96
    POFQ '92
    Poly '80
    Fort Wilderness '78
    Poly '76

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Is it referred to as the Magic Kingdom in any park literature, etc (besides the train spiel?). Of course it was referred to by Walt as his 'magic kingdom'....not Magic Kingdom. That's my point.
    Don't have any of my old park maps with me at the moment, but the Wikipedia page (which is maintained by Disney's PR agency) refers to it as the Magic Kingdom multiple times.

Trust me ... it's the original Magic Kingdom.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, it was technically an unofficial nickname. Although it was never an official thing, signage wise, it was used interchangeably with Disneyland in the years leading up to the construction of WDW.

My point was, calling Disneyland The Magic Kingdom is not wrong, nor has it ever been. That's all.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, it was technically an unofficial nickname.
    LOL!

I guess I need to go back and listen to what was said, because I honestly don't remember (although I don't like going back and listening ). But again, I think I was saying that Disneyland Park was never officially known as the Magic Kingdom, and is not known as that now. At least that's what I was thinking.

ETA: But I guess I'm just plain wrong. But can't anyone see where I'm coming from?
    Last edited by Melanie; 10-27-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay, but seriously ... I literally just finished listening to this segment and they all were basically mocking me for calling it the Magic Kingdom! If I wasn't so darn tired I would have argued the point further, but it was just too late lol.

I'll be expecting my formal apology and coronation as the Grand All Seeing & All Knowing Disney Guru at the beginning of the next podcast.
    You can thank yourself since you're running the podcast next time Mr. Delicate Flow doubter.

And until someone shows me a piece of official park literature that says "The Magic Kingdom" for Disneyland, I'm going with what I've been told and been corrected for *by hard core Disneland fans* - that it's Disneyland or in modern terms after CA was built Disneyland Park - and not The Magic Kingdom.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I'm going to have to mea culpa on this one, I think. While it does appear to be unofficially referred to as the Magic Kingdom, the Disneyland website calls it Disneyland Park.

I would think that's the official name, so ergo I was wrong. I humbly submit to the humiliation and mocking that is sure to follow.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You can thank yourself since you're running the podcast next time Mr. Delicate Flow doubter.

And until someone shows me a piece of official park literature that says "The Magic Kingdom" for Disneyland, I'm going with what I've been told and been corrected for *by hard core Disneland fans* - that it's Disneyland or in modern terms after CA was built Disneyland Park - and not The Magic Kingdom.
    Sorry John. Point goes to Ian, official GASBAG of the podcast. I got that acronym right? Great All Seeing Blah...
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Stupid internet!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yeah that!

An eh on the ticket/coupon. Still not officially called that.

Post Thanks / Like

Really? They were using it as a tagline on printed ephemera. In a huge font. Huge font! That totally counts in Ian's favor. And you know I hate conceding anything to Ian because he holds it over my head for the rest of my life. He'll be in a nursing home, dying in 50 years and I'll get a gasping phone call. "I (gasp) was (gasp) right (gasp) in 2011 (gasp). Sucker (gasp)."
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay...I give. I'm sure they greeted guests back then (waaaaaaay back then) with "Welcome to Disneyland - Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!"

I promise last comment from me on this. All I'm saying is that Disneyland Park has never officially been known as just the Magic Kingdom. That distinction goes to the park in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

I promise last comment from me on this. All I'm saying is that Disneyland Park has never officially been known as just the Magic Kingdom. That distinction goes to the park in Florida.
    Not even when posters advertising the Disneyland Hotel referred to it as such?

Greg Maddox is his legal name, but people refer to him as Mad Dog. Does that mean just because his mother didn't name him that then it doesn't count?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Not even when posters advertising the Disneyland Hotel referred to it as such?
    Darn you Gary....I'm breaking my promise, just because this is fun!

Well technically, the Disneyland Hotel wasn't run by Disney at the point this poster was put out (I'm assuming), so it's not official.

Post Thanks / Like

Not even when it's referred to that way in a ticket brochure? (I'll wear you down before I run out of Internet.)
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Or how about the Library of Congress' catalog of copyright entries for 1962 that includes an entry for a book "Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, Disneyland USA"?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

What would you do if i told you I Photoshopped all of those?
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: