Quantcast Tidbits October 2011

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits October 2011

Tidbits
    October 2011

Retirement, Relatively Speaking

10/29/11
    The retirement of the Little Einsteins from daily Meet & Greet appearances has been delayed until Mid-November 2011. Character Cast have reported that the group will cease daily Meet & Greets in Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on November 12, 2011. On November 13, 2011 Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates will reportedly begin Meet & Greets in the same spot. As previously reported, June and Leo’s appearances at the Play ‘n’ Dine Character Meals will be unaffected.

6/28/11 The Little Einsteins are schedule to be retired from daily Meet & Greet appearances later this Summer. The Little Einsteins Meet & Greet in Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is schedule to cease operation in August 2011. Despite the ending of their meet & greet, Character Cast have reported that the June and Leo will continue to appear at the Hollywood & Vine Play ‘n’ Dine Character Meals.

Oh Bother

10/29/11
    Guests wishing to ride the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at the Magic Kingdom will have their queue options reduced in early November. The attraction’s interactive stand-by queue will be closed for refurbishment from November 2 through November 9, 2011. During this period, the FastPass Return queue will be used as the stand-by queue and no FastPasses will be distributed.

Say Cheese?

10/29/11
    Character Cast have reported that the Town Square Theater Meet & Greet may be getting a new enhancement. Cast have reported that “talking” Mickey Mouse is tentatively scheduled debut at the Magic Kingdom Meet & Greet location in “Early November 2011”. The articulation of the character is reportedly similar to what is displayed in Dream Along with Mickey, but with the added ability to interact with Guests in real time.

Gaelic Gobble

10/23/11
    Downtown Disney is hosting a special Thanksgiving meal on November 24, 2011. Master Chef Kevin Dundon will be preparing a pre-plated meal at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant that features classic holiday staples of turkey, potatoes, and stuffing with an Irish flair. The meal is priced at $26.95 per person.

The Holidays and You

10/23/11
    The Magic Kingdom has internally announced that a special Holiday Edition of The Magic, The Memories, and You! will debut on November 8, 2011. The end date for the Holiday Edition of the show was not announced, but is expected by Entertainment Cast to be January 2, 2012.

Pardon our Pixie Dust

10/23/11 Cast close to the construction project have reported that the February 18th opening will only be a partial opening of the new Dumbo attraction in Storybook Circus. The full attraction will reportedly open Summer 2012.

10/14/11
    The Magic Kingdom park has announced that Dumbo the Flying Elephant will close for re-location on January 9, 2012. The ride system will be incorporated into the new Dumbo attraction as part of the Fantasyland expansion project. The new Dumbo attraction in Storybook Circus has been announced to open on February 18, 2012.

Eerie Eats

10/12/11
    Mickey’s Backyard BBQ is holding a special Halloween themed event on October 31, 2011. The Halloween themed meals will be held from 5 pm to 7 pm and feature the characters in their Halloween costumes and a special dance party.

Reservation Reservations

10/14/11 Due to the expansion of table service restaurants enforcing a penalty for missed reservations, the Walt Disney World resort has opened a dedicated phone line for reservation cancellations. Guests who need to cancel an Advanced Dining Reservation may call 1-407-WDW-CNCL for added convenience.

Meal Merger

10/14/11 Two Disney’s Hollywood Studios dining locations have recently altered their menus. 50's Prime Time Cafe and Sci-Fi Dine-In have replaced their separate Lunch and Dinner menus with a single All-Day menu.

A Slice of Italy

10/14/11 As part of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, Via Napoli has started serving pizza-by-the-slice again through its counter service window. The offering will continue until November 30, 2011.

3/12/11 The counter service window at Via Napoli has begun offering pizza-by-the-slice. According to Cast, this offering will last through May 28, 2011
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason!

I wonder how many other restaurants are going to do the same as Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time... seems just another way of cheapening the food offerings. I like the fact that many menus are different for lunch & dinner... I may like the ambiance enough to return, but not necessarily for the exact same food !!

Oh well...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

If there is an "all day" menu does that mean lunch will no longer be a cheaper meal than dinner? I ask this because one of the best ways to save money on TS meals is to dine at lunch instead of dinner. We don't do it very often, but I've seen that suggestion more times than I can count on discussion boards like this one.

I sure hope Sci Fi keeps the burger. We always go for lunch because the burger isn't on the dinner menu (even tho I recently read that you can request it for dinner). We'll be bummed if we can't get the burger there any longer. We've tried other dishes, but the burger is our fav.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! So when I go down at the end of January, there's gonna be a big hole where Dumbo normally is! For the first time since I was a kid in the 70's, it won't be there. Weird...
    It's gonna feel empty!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

I was eager to take my DD on her first ride on dumbo, luckily it will open for the last two days of our trip
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    If there is an "all day" menu does that mean lunch will no longer be a cheaper meal than dinner?
    I suspect this may be the case. There's no distinction between a lunch TS credit and a dinner TS credit so this makes sense. My gut though tells me the lunch menus will be the all day offerings though, not the other way around. You know, another cleverly disguised price increase.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks...
    same menu...ummmm. prices going up
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Thanks Jason!

I wonder how many other restaurants are going to do the same as Sci Fi and 50's Prime Time... seems just another way of cheapening the food offerings. I like the fact that many menus are different for lunch & dinner... I may like the ambiance enough to return, but not necessarily for the exact same food !!

Oh well...
    Agreed. This is disappointing and I hope it's not a trend.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I suspect this may be the case. There's no distinction between a lunch TS credit and a dinner TS credit so this makes sense. My gut though tells me the lunch menus will be the all day offerings though, not the other way around. You know, another cleverly disguised price increase.
    Yeah I think your right. And while it won't affect those on the dining plan, like you said no distinction between a lunch TS credit and dinner TS credit, it will affect those who pay out of pocket. When paying out of pocket lunch is always the better deal since the prices can be much less.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, not a fan of the single menu.

The main question I have is in the pizza at Via Napoli Counter Service window the same pizza that is served in the actual TS Restaurant. I remember hearing last year that it wasn't the same quality at CS Window.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

So between restaurants changing to all day menus and charging for un-cancelled reservations it sounds like a better option to make no reservations at all and strictly do CS.
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason! I always look forward to your updates.

Dumbo being down for six weeks is pretty big news. I guess if it had to go down, then the January/February timeframe is the best time to do it. There will be a lot of upset people whenever they do it. Thankfully, it will still be operational in its original form when we're there next month.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom
    If there is an "all day" menu does that mean lunch will no longer be a cheaper meal than dinner?
    This appears to be the case if the same entree was served for lunch and dinner (ie only the dinner portion is now offered).

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom
    I sure hope Sci Fi keeps the burger. We always go for lunch because the burger isn't on the dinner menu.
    The All American Picnic Burger and the Angus Chuck Burger are on the new menu for $15.99.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred
    The main question I have is in the pizza at Via Napoli Counter Service window the same pizza that is served in the actual TS Restaurant. I remember hearing last year that it wasn't the same quality at CS Window.
    Officially there isn't a distiction, but Guest reports still hold that it is not the same style that is served at the Table Service location.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

Post Thanks / Like

I had heard that the new Dumbo would be open before the old one was moved. Is this not the case now?
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy Creek Buccaneer
    I had heard that the new Dumbo would be open before the old one was moved.
    Details aren't entirely clear, but this was not part of the recent announcement.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Update**

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: