Quantcast confirmation numbers rumor!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default confirmation numbers rumor!!

Yesterday when I called to book some tours the cast member told me there is this rumor going around that everyone for dining etc. will need to have their dining confirmation number on them. She said they have been told some places have already started doing this. Great another thing for me to carry on me.
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This one would not really be all that big of a deal to us since we always bring a print out of them to the parks with us...they have actually come in handy a time or two in the past.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I keep all on my cell phone anyway.
    '76 offsite, '90 offsite, '03 Courtyard DTD, '04 offsite, '05 CBR, '05 POFQ solo, '06 Sports solo, '06 POFQ, '07 Pop, '09 offsite solo, '09 POFQ, '09 Music, '10 CS, '11 Pop, '12 Pop, '13 dolphin.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, great, another thing to do. This dining thing is getting ridiculous, now you make a reservation and can't trust Disney to keep correct info? I have to prove to you I made it? I'm sorry to be negative but things just keep changing for the worse over in dining.

I know alot of you are going to comment no big deal, etc. so I'll probably be in the minority. I just don't get why they can't make things easier for a change. Our table service meals have been getting less frequent and will probably continue to do so.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm the paranoid type anyway, but I always have my confirmation numbers with me. It's saved our tails more than once...biggest fiasco was at Whispering Canyon. Their entire reservation system crashed and a bunch of names got wiped out. They were finally able to retrieve our reservation with the confirmation number, so everything worked out. I print out little "cheat sheets" for each day that list park hours, EMH, when & where we're eating, and all the confirmation numbers. But I also take pictures of our Photopass cards and our KTTW cards, just in case they get lost. I like to be prepared for all emergencies whenever possible.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Makes total sense. Stops the cheaters. You should have them anyway. If you don't, you can't prove you made it so don't whine if they lose it and tell you to walk.
    Steve "I'm Grumpy because you're Dopey"
    90Treehouse, 93Clubhouse Villa(DD2), 96Hotel Plaza(DD5&2), 99CR, 01OKW(expecting DS), 03POR (luv the trundle), 04AKL, 06ASMo(DW40, DD2), 07DLRP/PC, 08Y&BC/PC/DLRP, 09ASMusic/Cruise, 10ASSp/Pop, 11POR/Cruise, 12DLR, 13PC/Cruise, 14ASMu, 15CRx2, 16CR&ASMo(DW50)

Post Thanks / Like

We always took ours with us anyways. For each day, we'd jot down the time of our ADR, along with the confirmation number on a piece of paper, and into DH's pocket it goes.

Not a big deal to me, and I guess it cuts down the people demanding to be let in since Disney "lost" the reservation they never made.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's a rumor. And CM rumors often prove false or changed so no one needs to freak out. I did hear this rumor from a couple of CM friends (and took it with a grain of salt), but their statement was only requiring it if you have a pre-park opening ADR. Sometimes they check that now, sometimes they don't, and they were going to tighten up on that.

Like most others, I don't think it's that big of a deal, but the truth is, I've NEVER been asked for my confirmation number when dining. They always have it in their system. So, making you show your confirmation number is either 1.) false 2.) pre-park opening only or 3.) A way to check identity as so many people do not carry wallets and other id with them into the park. My suspicion would be 1 is most likely, with 2 being a possibility.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I have the dining app on my iphone. I just record the ressie number there along with our dining time.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DVC2004 View Post
    I know alot of you are going to comment no big deal, etc. so I'll probably be in the minority. I just don't get why they can't make things easier for a change. Our table service meals have been getting less frequent and will probably continue to do so.
    We might be in the minority, but you are not alone.

I don't actually think it matters though because there is NO way Disney is actually going to do this. Only crazy fanatics like all of us on Intercot carry their confirmations with them, and giving guests a hard time over something so unnecessary is counter to the Disney philosophys of keeping guests happy AND taking all of our money they can!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveSJM View Post
    Makes total sense. Stops the cheaters. You should have them anyway. If you don't, you can't prove you made it so don't whine if they lose it and tell you to walk.
    I have heard of all sorts of problems at The World, but people stealing ADRs has never been one of them.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    I have heard of all sorts of problems at The World, but people stealing ADRs has never been one of them.
    It's not stealing them, it's faking them. Because their reservation system has been (is?) less-than-reliable people would show up for their ADR and they wouldn't be in the system. They learned that, if they complained enough, they'd get a table anyway. Which means some of them were smart (diabolical?) enough to learn they could walk up pretty much anywhere, claim they had an ADR, and get in any time.

As usual, the sneaky, dishonest among us ruin it for those of us who play by the rules.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It's not stealing them, it's faking them. Because their reservation system has been (is?) less-than-reliable people would show up for their ADR and they wouldn't be in the system. They learned that, if they complained enough, they'd get a table anyway. Which means some of them were smart (diabolical?) enough to learn they could walk up pretty much anywhere, claim they had an ADR, and get in any time.

As usual, the sneaky, dishonest among us ruin it for those of us who play by the rules.
    In the hospitality business it always seems that we have to deal with people who are trying to manipulate the system and get something they shouldn't. The amount of time some people must put into this.

And yes it is the few that force us to come up with procedures like this. I certainly could see Strmchr's idea of it coming into place for pre-opening reservations.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

You know but I have to say- and bearing in mind this is still a rumor- Disney is not great at enforcing their policies when it comes to dining. How many Signature restaurants and you get the speil on the dress code, and I have shown up dressed appropriately only to see another person come in in cutoff torn jean shorts, a tye-dye shirt and workboots so dirty they were literally flaking off dried mud on the floor. Yet this person was still seated. I don't know why they make these policies- like a person showing up and complaining enough faking an ADR- then not stick to it. Just don't have it in the first place! Some people dress however and now some people don't make ADRs but still get seated. Maybe they just out to go to a first come first served seating and be done with it.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Being slightly OCD I have always traveled with all my ADR confirmation numbers with me. I also know that if for some bazaar reason I don't have them you can always get them printed out at your resort. Going back to my OCD issue I most always get mine printed on check-in just to "make sure".
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I always make and print a trip itinerary with the numbers listed for each day. I keep it in the extra pocket in my cargo shorts...
    Egad, I AM a nerd!
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I have always carried mine, either on a little piece of paper that fit into my wallet, or now, on my iphone.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I've never needed them, I always have them with me on a single sheet of paper in my wallet to remind me of what times and where I made my ADR's 6 months prior. If I didn't have that, I'd always forget where and when our dinner reservations are!

Keeping them in the cell phone: that's a great idea and it's one less thing to carry around in my purse!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

yes, the confirmation numbers are part of my spreadsheet which includes each park's hours & activites (fireworks, parades etc) for our length of stay. Count me as a DisNerd also. However, I may be using the phone app next time we are planning a trip...hopefully soon!
    ~~~~~~Stephanie~~~~~~

December 3-7, 2010 Poly LVC
    April 13-18, 2009 Poly LVC
    Feb 8-11, 2008 Poly LVC
    March 07 - Poly LVC
    December 06 - Poly LVC
    October 05 - CR
    June 04 - Grosvenors
    March 02 - Off Site
    November 00 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mdricks View Post
    I keep all on my cell phone anyway.
    My DH and I both keep them in our cell phones. I am always scared there will be a screw up so where and they won't have our reservations. Guess it pays to be a compulsive worrier!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: