Quantcast Episode 23 - Famous Garys In History - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to meeting Gary in October to see if he is human or machine.
    "Hey! That's some destination!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to being stuck on Carousel of Progress and watching the same scene multiple times, I had that experience once as well with an added twist. As the theater was rotating from one scene to the next, it stopped in between scenes, so we were treated to two different decades at the same time. It was very confusing to say the least.

Also, a good attraction with a short line is not an oxymoron. Just because the line is short doesn't mean the attraction isn't popular because attraction capacity plays a huge part in determining the length of a line. For example, Test Track always has a long line. That's partly because it is popular, but it's also because the capacity for the ride is so low since it can only accommodate 6 people per car, there are relatively few cars on the track, and the cars have to be stopped for loading and unloading. In contrast, Spaceship Earth's line is typically short because it accommodates a lot of people on a continuous basis, as there are numerous ride vehicles on the track and the ride almost never stops for loading and unloading. Supposedly, Spaceship Earth is the most visited attraction at Walt Disney World. I felt the need to point this out even though it seems obvious. I am baffled by how many times I've heard people assume that a short line or a long line is the only indicator of an attraction's popularity.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Theferthon Exthpansion Memorial! Oh my God you guys are cracking me up!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, still listening and just got to the part about iTunes reviews. Ian, my alter ego is florida995 and Mel, it was also me who suggested the bios and how everyone came to Intercot.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    ETA: I love my call out to Carol when they guys get too 'technical' for us.Have no idea what they were discussing. That's a common thing for us.
    I just heard that part, actually. Made me laugh, too! We were talking about the "CAVE technology!"

And trust me ... none of us knew what we were talking about either.

GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    I am looking forward to meeting Gary in October to see if he is human or machine.
    They can rebuild me. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Gary will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Another great podcast. I always think the sidetrack subjects make the show more interesting.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    Another great podcast. I always think the sidetrack subjects make the show more interesting.
    DITTO!!!

I was laughing out loud today.

SOARIN' AND STROLLERS!

Ok - so if you KNOW where the stroller parking is, and proceed right there, you might be in good shape. BUT if you don't know that you will have to park your stroller to get into the building, AND THEN, you have to battle the crowd to get to the stroller parking, it becomes a bigger delay AND VERY FRUSTRATING!!!, as it was for us on our last trip. (2nd trip as a family, hadn't headed to soarin first our first trip) And if I remember right, the normal stroller parking was full, and we had to go even further away. Not fun with 3 kids in tow!!! And what if you aren't headed for Fast Pass, you want to go on the ride immediately?

Go Ian! Will there be Mel's Throwdown/Team Ian shirts?
    10/13 - ASSp
    06/13 - POR
    03/13 - COR
    12/12 - POR
    10/12 - AoA
    04/12 - POP
    02/12 - POP, Dream, ASMo
    11/11 - All Star Vacation Home & FWC
    5/11 - POFQ - D23 Destination D
    05/10 - POR & BC
    1976 - 1st visit & many childhood visits after!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the podcast! Finally got to listen to the download in work last night, and as I've said before, it really helps me get through an otherwise boring hour of work. Well done.

As for the discussion, I'd really love to see an Aladdin's Magic Carpet dark ride to replace the Dumbo-esque hub and spoke in Adventureland, but I can't imagine that happening, and don't know if the logistics are right, or even possible. I think making it similar to Peter Pan would be very smart.

Also, I wouldn't mind a Duffy ride. Perhaps they could put an exact replica of Small World at the entrance to World Showcase, except make each doll a Duffy dressed in a different costume? Of course they would have to make an original song, but they could call it, Duffy's World! heheheh!

Lastly, Gary the Snail is my favorite Gary...well, a close second anyway.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    T
    Lastly, Gary the Snail is my favorite Gary...well, a close second anyway.
    Seriously! I know the guy who wrote and performed "Gary's Song" from the episode where Gary ran away. It's played when Spongebob is looking for Gary. It was a very surreal experience. Great song though. And I like to pretend it's about me.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

re: Carousel of Progress - I believe a clarification is in order. The ride originally featured "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" at the '64 Worlds Fair and during it's run at Disneyland. The ong was replaced by "Now Is The Time" when it opened at WDW in the early 70's. Of course it has since reverted back to the original tune.

Thanks
    Scott C
    Aug 73 - Jun 74 Off Site
    Jun 75 - Jul 84 Dutch Inn
    Oct 78 - Nov 88 Poly - Honeymoon(88)
    May 97 - May 99 - Jul 00 - Jun 05 - Sep 11
    Sep 16 - Sep18
    Dixie Landings
    Feb 02 CBR
    Feb 03 WL
    Jun 07 POP by MJ
    July 09 POFQ through Magical Journeys
    Sep 10 OKW MNSSHP by MJ
    Sep 13 Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Seriously! I know the guy who wrote and performed "Gary's Song" from the episode where Gary ran away. It's played when Spongebob is looking for Gary. It was a very surreal experience. Great song though. And I like to pretend it's about me.
    Wow. That's pretty cool! I know that episode well. I have to confess, I love Spongebob. It's a rare cartoon that an adult can watch with a 2yo and both can get genuine laughs. It's too bad that the competition owns that franchise. I'd have loved to see Spongebob's Living Seas.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Podcasts

Intercot Team,

I just wanted to take a quick moment tonight to let you know that I really enjoy the podcasts you put together. Each of you brings a unique viewpoint on the many topics you cover and the rapport you have with each other makes the show even more enjoyable to listen to. The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL) makes me feel like I'm just sitting in a room with friends who are talking about one of my favorite topics. I also love that you are able to be critical when warranted. I never visit Disney World without checking Intercot.com for updates and other relevant news to make sure I'm up to date with what's going on. I am a former Cast Member and current AP holder so I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average WDW visitor. That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES! Keep up the excellent work! I will continue to listen. Hope to make an Intercot meet up some day.

Heading to the parks for 4 day weekend over Halloween and then back for 3 more days at Thanksgiving after having just spent 5 days there in August. I'm very fortunate this year.

All the best!

Jim Lawlor
    Columbia, MD
    Security Cast Member '90-'91

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO-5 View Post
    Intercot Team,

I just wanted to take a quick moment tonight to let you know that I really enjoy the podcasts you put together. Each of you brings a unique viewpoint on the many topics you cover and the rapport you have with each other makes the show even more enjoyable to listen to. The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL) makes me feel like I'm just sitting in a room with friends who are talking about one of my favorite topics. I also love that you are able to be critical when warranted. I never visit Disney World without checking Intercot.com for updates and other relevant news to make sure I'm up to date with what's going on. I am a former Cast Member and current AP holder so I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average WDW visitor. That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES! Keep up the excellent work! I will continue to listen. Hope to make an Intercot meet up some day.

Heading to the parks for 4 day weekend over Halloween and then back for 3 more days at Thanksgiving after having just spent 5 days there in August. I'm very fortunate this year.

All the best!

Jim Lawlor
    Columbia, MD
    Thanks Jim (who lives in my backyard) for the great input. If you get a chance, please be sure to include that in an itunes review and tell a friend or ten about the show.

We (the cast) really value and read all the input in this forum and love hearing from folks like you who enjoy the show.

I will say, it's turned out just as I envisioned - and before we did it, I didn't know if that was possible. But like you said, we have a great crew, we use the right tools and we produce it like a 'broadcast' show - but one among friends - with a relaxed atmosphere. It's a weird balance but it works.

It took a while for us to "get in the game" because I'm a stickler for detail but now that we're in - I'm glad we are.

Again, thanks for taking time to post!
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that you actually seem to like each other (hopefully, LOL)
    HA! We've got you fooled.

Post Thanks / Like

That being said, I turn to you when I don't have an answer to a question or need to confirm something.....INFO CENTRAL RULES!
    Jim, thank you so much for your kind words. Like John said, though he didn't say it this way, what has been built is a testament to his attention to detail and quality. The rest of us goofballs just fall into place behind him. Even when he loses control of us.

We don't say it enough. In fact there's not any possible way we could ever say it enough, but Info Central is 100% the blood, sweat and tears of Carol. She does amazing work there and is constantly on the look out for updates. She's fantastic and produces amazing work. But she's quiet and doesn't seek glory.

That doesn't mean we can't give it to her anyway. Hey Carol! YOU RULE!
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    That doesn't mean we can't give it to her anyway. Hey Carol! YOU RULE!
    No doubt!

Post Thanks / Like

Great show! Mel, I laughed so hard when you said "Carol..."

I was thinking the same thing. I was listening while walking and all of a sudden, I thought to myself "I have no idea what I'm listening to...and where are the ladies???" Just then you did your shout out, and it made me laugh out loud.

In Ian's defense, the stroller parking IS really far from the Land. It's all the way by the Living Seas! What is annoying is that they used to just allow people to park strollers along that walkway leading up to the pavilion, against the wall. There is really no reason to disallow that, and having to trek all the way over to the stroller parking area and back (while carrying babies/small toddlers) is really quite annoying! I am on his side on this one for sure, although I am also SO happy to be done with that phase of my life so I don't have to think about those things anymore!

I like the sidetrack topics too. Talk amongst yourselves...we'll be listening!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Great show! Mel, I laughed so hard when you said "Carol..."

I was thinking the same thing. I was listening while walking and all of a sudden, I thought to myself "I have no idea what I'm listening to...and where are the ladies???" Just then you did your shout out, and it made me laugh out loud.

I like the sidetrack topics too. Talk amongst yourselves...we'll be listening!
    You should have seen the looks Carol and I were giving each other. lol!

What's funny is, you just made me realize that our emails conversations between us all over the years have just spilled over into the podcast. For example, Gary is always tossing in his funnies with a link to a pic or a YouTube video, the guys have always 'lost' Carol and I in the technical talk, and there is sports trash talk almost daily. Yes, we genuinely do like each other.

I see I'm going to have my work cut out for me in this Stroller Throwdown. I''m down for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I see I'm going to have my work cut out for me in this Stroller Throwdown. I''m down for it.
    You guys are going to have to really make it realistic. You can't be using baby dolls...you need to have, like, a 20lb sack of potatoes or something. You know, you have to be able to park the stroller, get the "kid" out, hold it in one arm as the potatoes shift around and are all awkward to hold, while you grab the diaper bag and lock the stroller wheels, then you have to trek over to the Land. Oh, and ideally, it should be done when it's about 90 degrees and humid, OR it's pouring rain! And, in fairness to Ian, it should be a DOUBLE stroller and TWO sacks of potatoes.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: