Quantcast TeamBricker's Amazing WDW Trip -- Part II

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default TeamBricker's Amazing WDW Trip -- Part II

Who's Who?
    Me - N (Age withheld )
    DH - A
    DS1 - K, 6yo
    DS2 - T, 4yo

Details:
    Marriott, Beach Club, Marriott
    August 18th-27th

Saturday(August 20th) morning we took our time waking up as were at MK until 11pm. The boys, who never sleep in at all, slept until... wait for it....

830AM!!!

Okay, so not really sleeping in considering how late we were up, but I took it! We had breakfast in our room as we would every morning of the trip. This worked out handy and got us going more quickly.

We decided to head over to DHS and got there not too long after rope drop. It was already hot and going to get hotter. DS#1 wanted to see the Indiana Jones show and DS#2 wanted to see Disney Junior so we decided we would split. After checking out the times, we had some time before the shows to go see Star Tours. All four of us loved it. We stopped for a drink at the Commissary and went our separate ways.

Did I mention it was really hot? It's August in Florida, of course it is. What I hadn't prepared for was DS#2's reaction to the heat. He didn't like it and wasn't really sweating much. This is the point where the kid melted down. It was not much fun, but it was just him and I. The lunch rush hadn't started so we went back into the commissary and picked up something to eat and calm down. After, we headed to Disney Junior for a wait of 5 minutes. Jake and the Neverland Pirates part was really cute and quite the hit with the crowd and with DS#2.

When we were done, we called the other boys and met up over by the Commissary where they were eating lunch. We were going to see Lights, Motors, Action! next. It was even hotter at this point, of course.

We got to the front of the show, showed DS#2's GAC and were told to show it when we enter the stadium. No problem. The line to wait wasn't super crowded and we were able to entertain the boys enough that DS#2 was okay with it.

There was a large family ahead of us waiting. Parents, kids, aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandma&Grandpa. Grandpa was on a scooter right ahead of us. The kids were taking turns sitting on his lap when all of a sudden one of the kid's hit the scooter in reverse in full speed and plowed right over my family (and my foot). It took us screaming and the people behind us screaming for the family to step in to stop it. My family was more scared than hurt, but mostly I was mad because it could have been really dangerous. Instead of saying sorry or are you ok, the family just started yelling at us that it was an accident. Clearly, it was, but it was an accident due to negligence and an uneducated driver. Scooters aren't toys. (PSA for the day... stepping off my soapbox).

We got let into the stadium and seated in the front reserved for accessible seating as we weren't sure if DS#2 would need a fast escape. This is the point where I nearly died from the heat. If you go to this show, take extra water with you! The show was a ton of fun and DS#2 loved the "big kabooms" which surprised us all. We headed over to TSM and got a snack before getting on the ride. We came out and it was raining! YAY! We walked in the rain to GMR before heading back to the BC.

The rain hadn't lasted long and we spent the afternoon at the pool. The little boys loved the shallow pool and eventually we headed over to the little waterslide which was nearly impossible to get them to leave. We headed over to EPCOT and walked around through WS and Innoventions, watched fireworks and headed back to the hotel.

Sunday (August 21) was a full morning of swimming before a trip to DTD. Swimming was great! The bus experience to DTD was as expected. Miserable. We ate at Planet Hollywood, visited the Lego store, and we were done. We were all tired from swimming and ready to relax. We waited for what seemed like forever to get a bus. It was crowded. DS#2 was melting... literally & figuratively. During the ride, which was slow, he started to whimper which eventually turned into a loud cry. Mid screaming child, the driver stopped at the Swan/Dolphin and tried fixing it before heading to YC. It was not a fun ride for anyone. DS#2's meltdown subsided once we were back in our room and he could have some private space out on the balcony... his mini-getaway.

Then next day, Monday (August 22), we were up and at 'em and headed to MK for rope drop. When we got there, we watched the show and headed into the Mickey meet'n'greet which had a minimal wait. After, the boys were excited to see the mouse ears... they each picked some out. We were the first customers of the day and were awarded a magical moment with free embroidery in one of the fancier fonts. I'm not sure if it usually costs anything... the CM could have told me that at any point of the day and I would have been happy

We watched the trolley singers which DS#1 LOVES. One of the dancers blew him a kiss and it MADE HIS MORNING. HA! He turned bright red too... it was cute. We headed over to Adventureland for POTC,TR, Magic Carpets before heading to FL for IASW, PP, and lunch in Pinocchio Haus.

Back to the hotel for swimming! DS#2 needs to have time to himself which is hard to get in a hotel room. This is why we asked for the balcony... which he had been using as his "alone" space. Only, remember the construction equipment? Yeah... there was a guy on our balcony scraping and painting! WHAT?!?!? DH went to the front desk and they said that there was a letter that we should have gotten at check in or in the room. Nope, we never got a letter nor was one in our room. We could move or deal with it. We decided to deal with it. It was loud, but we relaxed anyway.

We headed back over to finish out the day at MK and rode what felt like a BAZILLION rides before tucking in for the night.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With a few minor exceptions, what a great couple of days at DHS and MK. The scooter thing at DHS really is scary - I'm glad no one was seriously hurt.

It sounds like that bus ride back from DTD was just too much for DS - poor kid (and poor mom, too). What a bummer you found out the next day the balcony was inaccessible - hopefully this was short-lived & DS gets his quiet place back!

Thanks for sharing more memories with us!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, that certainly was a scary moment with the scooter! Glad no-one was hurt!

Sounds like your time was a mixed bag - some really fun times and some fairly stressful times! Hope the fun outweighed the stress!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: