Quantcast Tipping Room Service Personnel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tipping Room Service Personnel

What is the correct amount to tip per day and do you leave it daily or at the end of the week?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There are two of us and we would typically leave $3 per day. You may not have the same person every day so if you wait until the end of the trip, someone who only comes to work that one day may benefit from the hard work done all week long by another!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh right, didn't think of that. I'll leave the tip daily then. There are 3 of us, so $4-5 a day?

Post Thanks / Like

Many folks use $2 per person per day. I'd say $5 would be fine for 3. We're relatively neat folks. We don't leave trash around, pick up all our clothes and put away anything that doesn't need to sit out. We don't demand clean sheets on a daily basis though we do want fresh towels. Still, even our used towels are left in one area rather than being scattered about. We do leave the bed unmade which is a real luxury as, at home, we make our bed every morning before we head out for the day! (And now that we're DVC owners and don't get daily housekeeping service, we even make our bed daily before we leave our room for the day - except on those days that we do receive housekeeping service)!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I tip $2 a day, usually. We have had previous threads about this, and someone mentioned they have envelopes they make, pre-filled with $$$ for each day, and they decorate them. I think that's a great idea, and that's what I am planning on doing for my next trip!
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

We don't leave a mess either. It's just myself and my 2 daughters. Towels are in one pile under the sink so I think $5 is reasonable. What a great idea to make envelopes beforehand. The girls will have fund decorating them!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

there is no correct amount...its a purely personal choice since mousekeeping is technically a non-tipping position at WDW ( that doesn't mean you can't tip them, but it does mean that a tip should not be expected by the employee simply for doing the work they are paid for). With that being said, if our maid service is good Mrs. Mousemates now usually leaves three dollars for the two of us, and a five if the four of us make the journey. Like many others we don't tend to make much of mess in the rooms and the actually cleaning up after us is minimal.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Why not save the money for someone who works for tips, like your restaurant server? Housekeeping is not a tipped position.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know housekeeping was a no tip position. I will still leave something because once I forgot and had horrible service. And I know I'll have to tip the restaurant servers so I don't want to break my bank from tipping everyone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We usually leave $1 per person each day in the room before we head out in the morning. Like Faline said, you may not have the same person all week so we like to leave it daily just incase. If theres 3 of us we will leave $3 on the dresser each day.. Eventhough they are not expected get tips.. it is nice to do. They leave cute towel animals and I will never know how they do that.. they are amazing! lol We are not messy people at all.. we always keep the room neat, we just leave the beds unkept and throw our used towels/washrags in the tub for new ones.
    Been there, Haven't done it all...GOING BACK!!!

Next trip "Home" - September 3-10th 2016 at the Beach Club Resort! Giannas 1st trip to WDW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I normally have about 4 persons in my party. I make up my envelopes for MouseKeeping prior to my visit and decorate each envelope with Disney stickers and leave $5 in each envelope. That way I don't have to worry about anything once I am at the World. It also seems when I do it this way that there isn't as much out of my pocket while I am there.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

While its true that mousekeeping is not generally considered a "tip required" service, we always do it anyway. We didn't used to, but now that we do, we have found that our mousekeeper seems to always do something special for us each day. Small things, yes, nice things nonetheless.
    "Hey look... its the Incredibles parade!"

Post Thanks / Like

I still do it too. Almost all of the time the housekeepers have gone out of their way to thank us......They appreciate it very much.

Post Thanks / Like

.....we always leave the tip each day...because you never know if the housekeeping staff gets switched around over the course of a 7 to 10 day stay. We customarily leave $5 or $6 a day....with a little extra on our last day as a special thank you. The housekeeping staff at POP (where we always stay) has always been very good...and I think a decent tip is the least we can do for someone who makes the stay comfortable.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We tip $5/day and we make up pre-printed envelopes with Disney logos and Thank You written on them.
    "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out you can't explain it"

Jul 84: TravelLodge (Kissimee)
    Sep 02: All-Star Sports
    Mar 06: Coronado Springs
    Sep 11: Wilderness Lodge
    Apr 15: Wilderness Lodge
    Next Trip - Sep 20: Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

There is a website that has cute downloads for envelopes for mousekeeping and other staff as well. I think it was themouseforless but I could be wrong about that. I think decorated envelopes are a cute idea and gets the kids invovled.
    WDW POFQ November 2012

WDW Dixie Landing Feb 2000
    Disney Cruise Feb 2000 (Honeymoon)

Post Thanks / Like

We always leave $2 a day. It might be a no tip position but I think they deserve it. I would never want to clean somebody's bathroom.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We tip as well per day usually five bucks. I look at it as we are fortunate enough to be there and they work hard and I have no issue with it at all. I would not get worked up in the amount though or the level of cleanliness - I am sure there are thousands a day less clean than your room that leave zip and they no doubt appreciate it.
    Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2012 - Wilderness Lodge
    Mar 2012 - AKL
    Nov 2011 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    Jun 2008 - Wilderness Lodge - Yippee!
    Feb 2007 - Wilderness Lodge
    Dec 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 2004 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2000 - Offsite
    Dec 1996 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbella16 View Post
    We usually leave $1 per person each day in the room before we head out in the morning. Like Faline said, you may not have the same person all week so we like to leave it daily just incase. If theres 3 of us we will leave $3 on the dresser each day.. Eventhough they are not expected get tips.. it is nice to do. They leave cute towel animals and I will never know how they do that.. they are amazing!
    Just wanted to add that even if you do leave tips, there is no guarantee that housekeeping will leave towel animals. I only mention it because it always seems to come in this forum--someone who is disappointed that they don't get towel animals even after tipping. Personally we leave a tip also, usually a couple of dollars. It's something I like to do.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

We tip daily. We leave $2 a day. We are EXTREMELY neat so basically pick up the dirty towels, vac (if they do that daily), empty trash, straighten bed and that's it

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: