Quantcast Liberty Tree Tavern? Yes or No? - Page 2
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Millville, NJ - 1,020 miles to WDW
    Posts
    788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ate there in 2008 when they had the characters. I enjoyed the experience. Food wasn't bad.
    The only thing I have a problem with now with no characters is the price.
    Bern

    WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

    August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #22
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Brantford Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    YES! Go there! We tried it last year for the first time since I was a little kid and it was great. SO MUCH FOOD! They serve it family style: a huge platter of sliced turkey, ham & roast beef, then a big bowl of vegetables, macaroni, mashed potatoes, etc. And I assume they keep refilling the bowls if you can eat it all. We weren't able to finish all of the food they brought us!

    We're going again there next time. Wear stretchy pants! It's like Thanksgiving dinner!!!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

    * Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    YES for Lunch.

    NO for dinner.

    At lunch, they have a larger variety of choices, and the food is good and fresh. Dinner is mostly premade, processed stuff.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We had dinner at LTT on our last two visits and enjoyed it both times. The gravy was the best I ever had. Delicious apple cobbler for dessert. Give it a try.
    98 - All-Star Sports
    03 - All-Star Music
    04 - Offsite
    07 - Pop Century
    09 - All-Star Movies
    10 - All-Star Movies
    11 - Offsite
    12 - All-Star Music

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    1,293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I find there to be a big difference in the food served at lunch and that served at dinner. The latter does remind me of being at a big banquet where everything is pulled off of huge steamtables.

    But lunch is another story! As far as I'm concerned, LTT is another WDW sleeper. Would most definitely go back!
    Ditto. We have a lunch ADR for our upcoming trip. The lunch has been pretty good in the past.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Got in the car with DH last night on our weekly Thursday dinner out. I sheepishly said to him "so, I've switched a dining reservation". To which he replied, after much eye-rolling "I thought I sensed disharmonious discord surrounding you" (or however all those big words are spelled). He suffers through my obsessive planning loudly. I advised him of your thoughts about LTT, to which he responded "I'm glad you switched!". We will be at Rose and Crown instead. We are much happier at Epcot in the evenings anyway. Thanks again for all your help!
    Karen

    "It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    I ate there once and haven't gone back. Was not thrilled with the food. Many others I know don't like it either. I'd go to Crystal Palace instead.
    Even though I agree that LT is "ok" food wise, I think it is better than Crystal Palace. CP has buffet style food that we can find at our local cafeterial style restaurant -- actually, ours is better than CP. But that is what Intercott is for - opinions. So, if you are interested in trying either, go for it! It will give you reason to come back again and try something new next time!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFr33k View Post
    Even though I agree that LT is "ok" food wise, I think it is better than Crystal Palace. CP has buffet style food that we can find at our local cafeterial style restaurant -- actually, ours is better than CP. But that is what Intercott is for - opinions. So, if you are interested in trying either, go for it! It will give you reason to come back again and try something new next time!
    We do love CP! I have so much fun there. We were looking for something new, and we've done just about every other place, so I thought we'd give is a shot just once, but decided LTT just wasn't worth it.

    Heck, we will be happy wherever we go.
    Karen

    "It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I give LTT a "C"...not great. There is so many better choices!
    0 emerzmom 0
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

  11. #30
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Near Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,087
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Funny, I asked a co-worker who is a DVC member about the Rose and Crown. He said it wasn't one of the best places to eat. If you're looking for something in Epcot, try Les Chefs de France or Teppon Edo.

  12. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mydisneygirls View Post
    Funny, I asked a co-worker who is a DVC member about the Rose and Crown. He said it wasn't one of the best places to eat. If you're looking for something in Epcot, try Les Chefs de France or Teppon Edo.
    I disagree. Rose and Crown is a good choice. Not the best, but certainly not bad, especially for basic meat and potatoes types.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Liberty Tree Tavern? Yes or No?

    I like LLT for lunch (pot roast is good as are several other menu items) and do say give it a try if you are in the MK during the day. If you prefer to end your day at other parks such as Epcot you might find there are many other dining venues which are preferable. We generally run over to the monorail resorts when in the MK area. Some very nice places to consider.

  14. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maybe someday I'll get there to eat
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

    "Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

  15. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    3,497
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I remember my first trip to WDW on my honeymoon. The only two TS we did was San Angel (which was terrible Mexican food), and Crystal Palace (whose food has gotten better since then).

    On our next trip, we decided to try the LTT. WE LOVED IT. After eating hamburgers and chicken strips for days, it was so refreshing to sit down to a "home cooked meal". Since then, I've been using the Dining Plan, and LTT just doesn't seem to match up with some of the other places we eat. However, for that person who needs to dump the fried food for a day and wants a Thanksgiving Day meal, LTT is great!
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

    DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

  16. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Mississippi
    Posts
    809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Because of this thread: I have booked a lunch reservation on 12/12. I had forgotten how good the pot roast was. I think mom will love it.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

  17. #36
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Park Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    198
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    One of our favorite places for lunch...


  18. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    765
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We had Thanksgiving dinner at LTT a few years back and I wasn't blown away by the food. However, I can see the appeal to some people -- standard, old standby food like my mom used to make when I was a kid. Tasty and filling, but in a cafeteria kind of way, which isn't anything close to Thanksgiving dinner for me. My DDs enjoyed it (they were 16 and 13 at the time).

    This year we're trying 50s Primetime for Thanksgiving dinner. My 20-year-old DD had that idea because of the fun family atmosphere. I know the food won't hold a candle to Thanksgiving dinners I have at home, but it doesn't matter because we'll be in WDW!
    **mousetrapper**

    CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site