Quantcast Do you cry? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you cry?

Post Thanks / Like

Being a guy, I don't cry but if I did, it would have been the first time I took my family to the WDW in 2008. I would have teared up seeing their reaction to first seeing the Castle and while watching Wishes with them for the first time.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a Disney loving guy, I do cry. In fact, much similar to grumpyguy, I take a last look back up Main Street when we leave for the last time on a trip and the tears are flowing. Wishes doesn't make me cry as much as gives me goosebumps, and that lump in the throat....every single time.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

For some strange reason, hearing Jiminy Cricket sing "When you Wish Upon a Star" during Wishes makes my eyes start to water every time.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, nothing about WDW had actually brought tears to my eyes, but I can think about just about anything to do with WDW and get a swell of strong emotions.

I think the thing that got me closest to actual tears was finally getting to see my two DD's wearing their embroidered Mickey Mouse ears and gazing up Main Street at the Castle from the WDW RR platform.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

First let me say to "brivers222" your story touched me and I teared up just reading it... I still have my mother, but I can only imagine the way it would feel to be there without her for the first time. I was thinking of my kids and how they would feel their first time without me there. We have been there so many times together and have built so many memories. It will be hard all the way around...To your wife cherishes those times together. Every time you walk through those gates your mother is there with you smiling.

As for me the one time I cried really didn’t have to do with the parks. it was the first time my brother and I spent time there with our kids. When he left a day earlier I cried, my daughter cried & my son cried ...my husband looked at us like we were crazy (my brother only lives 2 hours away and we see him all the time), but there was something about this trip together with our kids that I didn’t want it to end ...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Got back from my most recent visit almost 2 weeks ago, so these memories are pretty fresh. First, I always cry the first time I see the castle. I also cry the last time I see it. I've always made a point of standing in front of the train station and looking down Main Street. I make a wish that I (now we since I have a family) will be back (cue the tears). Parts of the American Adventure can make me misty too. Finally, when on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour this year, there were a couple things we were told (about Walt and Roy and the statues) that made me cry. I tend to be emotional and my family tends to be "there she goes again", so it's nice to have company.
    Kathy

Contemporary - 8/79
    Hotel Royal Plaza - 6/83
    Contemporary- 7/85
    Grand Floridian - 6/93
    Shades of Green - 9/99
    Contemporary - 9/03
    Shades of Green - 12/06
    Shades of Green - 5/07
    Shades of Green - 7/10
    Shades of Green - 7/11
    Next Trip??? Not soon enough!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    For some strange reason, hearing Jiminy Cricket sing "When you Wish Upon a Star" during Wishes makes my eyes start to water every time.
    Oh, me too. But it doesn't have to be at WDW... In fact, I am crying just reciting the lines in my head.

I cry at WDW... at a place most people think is ugly... the monuments at the entrance of EPCOT. My sister and I paid to put my Aunt's name on a tiny tile. She worked as a CM (she worked in an office right under Main Street!) and was in a fatal car accident on her way home from work on property. She is missed.

I also cry at the opening of MK.
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teambricker04 View Post
    Oh, me too. But it doesn't have to be at WDW... In fact, I am crying just reciting the lines in my head.

I cry at WDW... at a place most people think is ugly... the monuments at the entrance of EPCOT. My sister and I paid to put my Aunt's name on a tiny tile. She worked as a CM (she worked in an office right under Main Street!) and was in a fatal car accident on her way home from work on property. She is missed.

I also cry at the opening of MK.
    I am so sorry for your loss! What a beautiful thing you and your sister did!
    Debbie
    Feb 87- off site/Nov 98-Poly
    98- Disney Magic Inaugural Cruise
    Jul 03-off site
    Sept 05/Aug. 11/Nov '20 -Pop Nov 08-POR
    Aug 09/May 10-ASMu
    Nov. 09-Disneyland/California Adv.
    Aug. 12- OKW
    Aug 13 SS
    Oct 14 AKL/AoA
    Oct. 18 POP
    Aug 19- Movies

Post Thanks / Like

We always go to mk on our first day and we always seem to get there right during a show (at the castle). I always cry at that point, looking at my boys with such excitement and joy on their faces as they watch mickey and the others and the fireworks.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of things at WDW make me tear up. The first time I see the Castle, the American Adventure movie, Hall of Presidents performance, Festival of the Lion King and any movie bits that show Walt Disney. Finally and most significantly, my DH always has me stop and turn to look at the castle at the end of our last full day at WDW (which is always at MK) and say goodbye to the castle for another year - I always cry. I love all of the good memories that we have at WDW and they always make me tear up.
    POFQ 09/2013, 09/2014, 09/2015
    WL 09/2011, 09/2012
    POR 09/2010, 09/2009, 09/2008, 05/2007, 05/2006, 05/2004,
    AKL 05/2003
    POR 05/2001, 10/98
    Next POP 9/2016
    All Star Sports 09/95
    Honeymoon Dixie Landings Aug 1994
    1978 first visit to Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you cry?

I cry throughout my entire vacation!!! When we enter Disney's property and ride under the large Walt Disney World sign. "Welcome Home" gets me every time (because CM's only tell me this of course....lol!!!). Entering MK, walking down Main Street, and seeing Cinderella's Castle for the first time that visit. Fantasmic from beginning to end. Watching Walt in the movie at One Man's Dream. I cry at MCO when we are stopping by the Disney Store to purchase some last minute memories and snap our traditional a picture of the sign 'See ya real soon!'

16 more days til Contemporary/Beach Club
    2010 Surprise vacation to AKL for the kids
    2009 WL
    2008 GF
    2005-2007 Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you cry?

Reading all of these posts is making me cry!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sIrishPAl View Post
    Also, I don't know what it is about the end of Magic, Memories, and You show on the castle, but when Walt says, "To all who come to this happy place, WELCOME". I get a little teary eyed.
    Yes, we saw this for the first time in March and that part really got me as well.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of things Disney makes me choke up. Wishes, Fantasmic, The Castle, Walking down Main Street knowing Walt was not able to see his vision complete are just a few. I leave in 18 days with a lot of family who either have never been there, or it's been so long it's like they have never been there. I hope they get it, and get just as emotional.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome "

79,87,88: off property
    89:CB
    99:POR (DS first visit & b-day)
    00,02,:ASS (DS b-day)
    04,05:POP
    06,07:ASM
    08:ASM (Anniversary Trip)
    Nov 08:ASM (DS first visit)
    Aug 2011 ASM (DS first visit, DS b-day)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie B View Post
    My first glimpse down Main Street and the castle gets me every time!

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

On my last trip down to WDW a couple weeks ago, something surprised me. Before Wishes, they did the thing where they flash photos from the day up on Cinderella Castle. Along with the day's photos and video, about 2/3 or the way along, they flashed older faded color and black & white photos from the early days. It was at that point that I started to cry. I fell back in time thinking of when my family would drive to California from Iowa to visit family. The best part of any of these trips was, obviously, going to Disneyland. All those feelings came flooding back as tears rolled down my face.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    First let me say to "brivers222" your story touched me and I teared up just reading it... I still have my mother, but I can only imagine the way it would feel to be there without her for the first time. I was thinking of my kids and how they would feel their first time without me there. We have been there so many times together and have built so many memories. It will be hard all the way around...To your wife cherishes those times together. Every time you walk through those gates your mother is there with you smiling.
    aww thanks... i read her what you said and she started tearing up.... its the gift that keeps giving but thanks for the kind words it means a lot
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

I can't even watch the vacation planning DVD without crying!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    That does it for me too. Actually almost everytime I hear that song, i get a little misty eyed. That is my absolute favorite song of all time...

The opening show at MK always gets me. And yes as i said above Wishes....i just love it, and i get teary eyed during the whole thing...
    POR April/May 2007
    POR April/May 2008
    POP April/May 2009
    POR April/May 2010!!!!!!
    POR Feb/March 2011!
    POP May 2011!!!!!!!!
    POP DEC 2012
    OFF Property May 2013
    POP NOV 2013
    CSR JAN-FEB 2014 (they upgraded us from POP)
    POP MAY 14
    I love my Pens!

Post Thanks / Like

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.. Last August my wife & I unexpectedly lost our 18 year old son....Disney was his FAVORITE place on Earth !!!

My fiancee had an unexpected breakdown upon first arriving at MK...

2 years ago she lost her mother to a massive heartattack way to early. She has been coping with that loss (rather amazingly i might add). She never expected or anticipated such an overwhelming emotion upon entering in MK... but the smells, the sounds, the sights, instantly brought back memories of their last trip together when she was a toddler. We had to sneak off in that little cubby hole of shops on the left midway down mainstreet to let her regain her composure...

it was an unexpected touching moment.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: