Quantcast Paradise Pier Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted the Grand Californian but DVC was sold out so I am settling for Paradise Pier so I really hope I like it I already stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few times but decided to save the points. My big fear is it won't be worth the outrageous point value they are hitting me up for compared to a place like AKL which is like 15 points cheaper a night!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I wanted the Grand Californian but DVC was sold out so I am settling for Paradise Pier so I really hope I like it I already stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a few times but decided to save the points. My big fear is it won't be worth the outrageous point value they are hitting me up for compared to a place like AKL which is like 15 points cheaper a night!
    Um, yeah, I think you may be disappointed then. Sorry to say that. I've always been lead to believe the Disneyland thing with DVC is not really worth it. I maybe would have paid cash?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I probably should have paid cash but I had points so just decided to use them. My big fear is that I am going to feel like I'm staying a regular run of the mill hotel.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Paradise Pier is comparable to a WDW moderate, in my opinion. The rooms are large, but feel a bit cheap, old, and not generally up to Disney Deluxe standards. What is most frustrating about PPH is the utter lack of quick dining options. Of course, you can walk to many places, but it's an inconvenience. The theming is also sort of bizarre. Outside of the lobby, which is barely themed, there is not much personality to the resort as a whole. It's a perfectly fine hotel, but I can't call it a "resort". You'll have a good time, though. It's Disneyland! FYI, if you are in DCA and want to get back to PPH, cut through the Grand and exit at the main lobby door. PPH is right across the street from GCH main entrance.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

And I feel the total opposite of Natalie regarding PPH. I love it and it definitely has the Disney feel to me. Everything is so close. I'm one that can't get on the Grand Californian train though. Love the lobby, restaurants and such, but I cannot see shelling out all that $$$ for such a small room.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I like it. I wouldn't exactly call myself a resort snob but I like to get what I am paying for. If I am paying Deluxe Prices, I want a deluxe experience!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    If I am paying Deluxe Prices, I want a deluxe experience!
    Well, to me it's a bit different at DLR because your resort choices are limited and they charge what people pay. There are definitely reasons I'd rank PPH above a WDW moderate - location and (potential) theme park view, interior hallways, large rooms with queen beds, digital safes and a restaurant with a character meal.

Yes, I'm a cheerleader for PPH for whatever reason. I love it!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: