Quantcast Pregnant in the World!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pregnant in the World!

Anyone else traveled to Disney while pregnant?
    I have a trip a planned for December 11th - 18th. I will be 24 weeks pregnant. I am so excited for this trip. Didn't plan on the pregnancy part but I'm also super excited to be a Mom for the first time and think it's pretty great that baby will visit Disney before birth!
    Any tips out there?
    Wilderness Lodge 2011
    Poly & Boardwalk
    AKL & Poly
    All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I went around the end of my second trimester during my last pregnancy. I went in Sept so heat was a factor that seemed to affect me more than everyone else in my group and I assume that had to be pregnancy related. Luckily you won't have to deal with that in Dec. I brought comfy walking shoes and planned to rest whenever I needed to. I also had a 23 month old along so we were stopping for afternoon naps at the resort for him. I've never been a napper, but just having that downtime scheduled every day was nice. Really, I was able to keep the pace just fine and other than being hot the pregnancy didn't really effect my trip.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip and I think 24 weeks is a good time. For me the negative side effects of pregnancy had tapered off by that point and I wasn't so huge that I was uncomfortable at that stage.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

my wife and i went in March and our first child was born 3 weeks ago. While we couldnt do as much as we had in the past, we were surprised with how much we could actually do. We had so much fun, we kept thinking about how the next time we go to WDW we would be taking our little guy with us.

Now that he is here, we are counting down the days until we go next September and taking him on his "second" visit.

Congrats to you, you will have a blast.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I went to WDW while pregnant with our 4th along with our 3 DDs. My only advice is to stay hydrated. Keep drinking. My pregnancy didn't inhibit my visit at all. Congratulations!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I went when I was 8 1/2 months in 2003. I loved it. We went during Dec. it was great the park wasnt that full. I love that i have a pic of me prego in front of the Castle to show my son. Some people looked at me like "what the heck are you doing here that BIG"... (ready to pop), but i didnt care i loved every minute of it...

Lala, Congrats!!! you are going at a great time of year the weather is very nice in Dec. you will be there right before the schools let out, so the park should be fine. Just becareful this is your first baby..your going to want to BUY everything you see..lol.. its going to be a blast have a great time ..enjoy )
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you thank you thank you to all of you for sharing and for your advice, tips and blessings. It is greatly appreciated and now I am even more excited about the trip
    Wilderness Lodge 2011
    Poly & Boardwalk
    AKL & Poly
    All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!

I've been to wdw twice pregnant and while I took it slower, it was still fun. The one thing I didn't prepare for was the crowds. I wasn't there during busy times, but there are points where you get put with large groups of pushy people. When we were trying to leave after wishes we were held back by a cast member trying to get down main street. I was trapped in a large group trying to leave and you couldn't see that they were making us wait so we were being pushed from behind. It was actually kind of scary pregnant or not. I really recommend being aware of crowds and even waiting when it feels like you may get in a situation. Really, taking it slow will help
    Last Trip: April 2015 CBR
    Next Trip: Sept 2015 Boardwalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lala, I will also be pregnant when we go in Sept. I'll be 14 weeks! I will make sure I post some helpful things for me when I get back. I can't wait to shop especially!! :-) Best wishes and have a happy, healthy pregnancy!
    ~Jen, Jon, Collin, & Brady~

Owners in BLT!!

Next trip: BCV in February 2019!

So many great trips!!
    Off-site the first trips
    Disney Villas(way back!)
    CBR
    AS Mu/Mo/Sp
    CSR
    POR x2
    AKL/BW
    BLT
    BWV
    Poly DVC

1363 miles from WDW - too far!! :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ma'am, I went as well with both boys while pregnant. With my first son I went basically during the second trimester. And my third son I went during my 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The last time I was 4 weeks away from Delivery, it was the end of May and HOT! I did great up until about 3pm then I suddenly felt very bad despite being hydrated. I ended up leaving early. But the day itself was great. And I agree with a PP, I did more than I thought I could do!

Take lots of pictures at different places! We did and it's so fun to see those with me pointing at my unborn children!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

plan on having dining reservations. We tried to go without them. I was 11 wks preg and to me thats like 20 weeks bc it was my 5th pregnancy. I had a great time and only roller coasters came in between me and the perfect trip but 3 days in we booked reservations for the rest of the trip bc i was getting worn down and not getting the nutrition I was supposed to get. Make sure that your trip there that you move around a lot and change positions. your only concern with traveling right now is blood clots. keep your blood flowing and tell your ob you are going. she/he may want you to take a blood thinner if you are going to drive.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I went when she was 6 months pregnant. Even though we were going easy, by the end of the week her feet were killing her, upon advice from my mother she rented one of those electronic wheelchairs. While being a little embarrasssed at first she had a blast because she got to do everything while not being uncomfortable

Post Thanks / Like

What a great thing to do, make your baby a Disney fanatic from the start. Good luck and you will be a great mom.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

My wife went when she was pregnant about 7 months, I didn't get to go because of work though. She said it was fun but people didn't treat her with any different courtesy. For example it was early evening and they were taking a bus back to the hotel it was packed and she stood for 30 minutes without a single person offering a seat. Not saying it was her right to have a seat but I wouldnt think twice about giving my seat up to a pregnant women or child without a seat... Just some have more respect than others... This happened on multiple occasions and different instances.
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

I was 3 months pregnant and all I can say is Don't go on the Dinosour Ride. I thought it would be ok and the shaking made me sick and it was not a good idea. the signs are posted for a reason !!! I did need a nap in the afternoon. I also didn't stay to park closing because I was too tired. but I had a great time. My baby is now going on 3 and we go every single year !!! He loves it as much as we do. He so wants to go on star tours but he is not tall enough yet. wonder how that is going to go over. Have a great time. Take lots of Pics......so the baby will know what his very 1st trip to disney was like.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Dh and I went to wdw when I was 31 weeks pregnant. It was great to have some calm time before our son was born. Take your time and plan some down time. We went in sept and like Disney doll said the heat hit me harder then normal. We went back every afternoon and either swam or just hung out in the room a little bit to cool down. I carried a water bottle with me which I don't normally do and I found I drank more just by having the bottle in my hand. Also I had some major motion sickness which isn't something I normally have to contend with. Check with your doc 1st but I asked mine about ginger pills & was told they were fine to take. I took a pill before getting on certain rides like spaceship earth and they helped a lot. There are a bunch of rides you'll be able to do, anything without a height requirement is safe, and like others said lots of shopping and picture taking. We are going in 57 days for DS's 1st week vacation and we can't wait. We plan on getting a few pictures of him in the same places that we got belly shots to show the years progression. Good luck, congrats and I hope you have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

To touch on what a PP said, there are those that are not helpful to pregnant women but in my experience those are the few. I did stand for one bus ride in 2 weeks and agree that it is Terri le for anyone able bodied to sit while a pregnant woman stand but. . . not everyone has class. On a few occasions I had people help me with the other 3 children and all the day bags that go with them while my DH lugged the double stroller around. One time when I was taking the two little ones back to the resort and DH was staying behind with our oldest I had two families help me with our things. One gentleman insisted on folding the stroller and carrying it on while I boarded the bus with the other children. Another gentleman carried my diaper bag while his wife helped the oldest of the children I had with me to an open seat. One of the many reasons I love Disney!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAT1811 View Post
    To touch on what a PP said, there are those that are not helpful to pregnant women but in my experience those are the few. I did stand for one bus ride in 2 weeks and agree that it is Terri le for anyone able bodied to sit while a pregnant woman stand but. . . not everyone has class. On a few occasions I had people help me with the other 3 children and all the day bags that go with them while my DH lugged the double stroller around. One time when I was taking the two little ones back to the resort and DH was staying behind with our oldest I had two families help me with our things. One gentleman insisted on folding the stroller and carrying it on while I boarded the bus with the other children. Another gentleman carried my diaper bag while his wife helped the oldest of the children I had with me to an open seat. One of the many reasons I love Disney!
    great story and i agree i have met some really wonderful people at the world. i have also met some not so nice people there as well but the good out weighs the bad. i always wondered how you can't be over the top thrilled at disney? i usually smile all the time on a normal day so my face usually hurts while i am at disney from smiling and laughing so much. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD !!!!

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: