Quantcast 1 House Revealed for Halloween Horror Nights

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1 House Revealed for Halloween Horror Nights

Universal has updated the HHN page!

Here's what we've learned:

'The Thing' will have its own house - it will be based on the NEW 'The Thing' movie coming out from Universal Pictures. The HHN site has a link to the movie trailer, as well.

Still no word on ticket package prices that include Express Pass privileges.

The Thing house (based on the original) a couple of years ago was GREAT, so I would venture this one is going to step its game up even more. The HHN page makes it CLEAR this will be an ALL NEW house (no repeats).

Hopefully more info about the event to come soon!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait! I will be buying the Frequent Fear Plus pass, and so excited for HHN to begin!
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

I still need to upgrade my two day ticket to three days and add the stay and scream option for HHN... Can't wait!!!!
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the official press release for a better description of what's in store for The Thing house!

ORLANDO, Fla. (July 19, 2011) — An abandoned scientific research facility in the midst of a vast and frozen Antarctica will set the stage for “The Thing,” an all-new haunted house inspired by Universal Pictures’ upcoming thriller, at Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 21. In the thriller “The Thing,” paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they’re infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet.

The new haunted house will offer guests an unprecedented first-hand preview of the much-anticipated thriller in advance of its October 14 release. Guests will find themselves in a series of face-to-face encounters with “The Thing,” an alien creature that can transform itself into an exact replica of any living being. “The Thing” haunted house will recreate the spine-chilling suspense from the film, confronting guests with the paranoia and fear that comes from being trapped inside the film’s Antarctic Thule station. The shape-shifting alien could be anywhere or anything. Will they survive?

Eerily authentic, “The Thing” haunted house will feature elaborately designed and disturbingly real alien creatures and sets. They will match the film’s terrifying intensity and provoke both a memorable and disturbing experience. Universal Orlando has partnered with the film’s producers, Strike Entertainment’s Marc Abraham and Eric Newman (Dawn of the Dead) to create an experience that is authentic to the film. The sets, audio, musical score, creature and character references are all based on the film. Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights event will also offer a haunted house based on the thriller.

“Having recreated well known horror films in the past, the same level of attention to detail has gone into creating a house experience that will completely immerse guests into the storyline and environment of ‘The Thing,’ said Jim Timon, Senior Vice President of Entertainment at Universal Orlando.

Eric Newman added: “We want people to live the film and experience the same terror that affects the film’s characters. Our collaboration with Universal’s creative teams brought the vision of the film to life. We’re excited for Halloween Horror Nights guests to experience ‘The Thing’ in this frighteningly real way.”
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Brandon, Florida - About 55 miles from WDW!!
    Post Thanks / Like

They've already had The Thing house back in 2007 at HHN 17, so hopefully this one is different and not the same thing over again. Either way I'm very excited for HHN as always since I'm an avid fan of it!!
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info - I can't wait for this years HHN. Hopefully I can get someone to come with me but if not - oh well, these are too good to miss.
    wolfhog

past trips:
    once or twice a year
    since 83 on
    & off (shame on me - I know)
    property

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good feeling it will be very different this year (it better be! ).

While the old one was really good (I like it a lot), this one will be more focused on the movie.

I also read a transcript of a brief Universal interview about this, and they went to great pains to explain this is an all "new experience".

IMO, they've done great reincarnations of old houses of the past, so they better not disappoint with this one!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I'm sure it will be different. I can proudly say I've been to every HHN since it started, all 20 of them, and I usually go 2 or 3 times each year. I'm a big fan of it if you can't tell. I've seen different props in houses on different years that I remembered being in a house the year prior but they usually don't duplicate entire scenes. Which is completely understandable since they only have so many props to work with year after year. Either way I'm sure The Thing house will be great along with the rest of the event, they never disappoint me!
    Jason

And here's the little Skipper now. Oh Shut up Scruffy you're not burned, you just have a healthy glow.

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Halloween Parties in theme parks all over the US and nothing compares to Universal's Party. I'm sure it will be a success.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever been to Knott's Scary Farm Rita?
    Jason

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bucs300 View Post
    Have you ever been to Knott's Scary Farm Rita?
    No, I haven't, is it fun?

I have been to the Magic Kingdom's, The theme park that was once behind MGM in Las Vegas, Hershey Park PA, Great Adventure in NJ, Busch Gardens in VA and they have all been good BUT Universal's is the best, IMO anyway!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I've never been to Knott's Scary Farm but I hear it's the only one that can compare to HHN. I'm with you though, I've been to a few different ones and HHN is still the best to me by far!!
    Jason

ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

While we're on the topic of scary Halloween events, anyone ever try the Haunted Penitentiary in Philadelphia? It's at the Eastern State Penitentiary (no longer functioning as a jail - it's a museum now). They say it's really haunted and I've heard the special haunted house/maze tours they do in October are absolutely frightening. One person I was talking to said that one year, they made the men and women separate! We've never done it and are going to try it one of the weekends we're back after HHN this year.

Anyone every try it - I guess the official event is called "Terror Behind the Walls"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    While we're on the topic of scary Halloween events, anyone ever try the Haunted Penitentiary in Philadelphia? It's at the Eastern State Penitentiary (no longer functioning as a jail - it's a museum now). They say it's really haunted and I've heard the special haunted house/maze tours they do in October are absolutely frightening. One person I was talking to said that one year, they made the men and women separate! We've never done it and are going to try it one of the weekends we're back after HHN this year.

Anyone every try it - I guess the official event is called "Terror Behind the Walls"?

This place is scary during the day in the sunlight. I went with my son on his class trip in May and this was one of the stops. The tour was very interesting. The place has a very eerie feeling. My brother in law, nephews and some of my sons friends have gone for Halloween and have all said it was very scary.

I can't compare it to Universal since I have never gone, but even if I did I wouldn't compare the two because I think this is a totally different experience. Since it is a "real place" with a "real history" of ugly things happening....I think that just adds to giving you goose bumps. The whole outside (Inside too I guess) structure reminds you of the past and that adds to the experience. Touring the building at night without any party going on would remind me of the show "Ghost Hunters".

I don't know how much they decorate it or about the people who work there those nights because I have never asked. I think knowing this place has "stories" that have truth behind them is enough to make me shake in my shoes before I even step into the jail.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh, now I'll definitely have to try it

The day time tour you took sounds really interesting. Maybe we'll have to try a daytime tour and also hit up the haunted tours at night. This place already sounds haunted, so the night should be terrifying

I totally get what you mean about this and HHN being different. One almost seems historical and possibly really haunted! The other is more like movie magic/total immersion.

I'm hoping the jail serves up just as many scares. We'll be going through HHN withdrawal in October !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    Ohhhh, now I'll definitely have to try it

The day time tour you took sounds really interesting. Maybe we'll have to try a daytime tour and also hit up the haunted tours at night. This place already sounds haunted, so the night should be terrifying

I totally get what you mean about this and HHN being different. One almost seems historical and possibly really haunted! The other is more like movie magic/total immersion.

I'm hoping the jail serves up just as many scares. We'll be going through HHN withdrawal in October !
    If you are going to make the trip to Philly let me know because I can give you a list of fun things to do. I think that they sell tickets in advance, which you should get because I believe that some nights get sold out & I'm not sure, but I don't think they do it everynight.

The prison is located near the Art Musuem (the steps that Rocky ran up in the first movie).

BTW, when we were taking our tour one girl in my sons class was video taping inside the cells and hallways trying to "catch" ghosts.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: