Quantcast The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 10!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Poly People are Summer Trippin'! Day 10!

This is our final day. Hard to believe another trip was coming to a close. Oddly, I am ok with this. I don't have that usual painful feeling. I know we have both Vermont and Disneyland to look forward to this summer. I know that to make those happen, I have to leave!! Katie however, is struggling. So much so, she crys on and off. And oddly, Steve is struggling too. He was so happy to be back at the Polynesian. Hmmm..boy have I turned my family into Disney lovers!
    We had an evening departure, so we have the majority of the day. We were granted a 3pm checkout, so that helps alot.
    We had breakfast in the lounge and we said goodbye to our morning friends. I love morning in the lounge. I took some pics.
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/100_4446.jpg and..
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/100_4445.jpg
    We made it to MK for opening. We stayed until about noon, riding and strolling and doing that taking it all in thing. We encountered PUSH..
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/100_4472.jpg
    He is so funny, when I can understand him, of course! We had by far, the worst skipper we have ever had at WDW on the Jungle Cruise. An older gentlemen, who told ZERO jokes, he instead talked about each animal like they were real, the length of their tusks, life span, he was giving us a very slow, dull lecture about animal life and we couldn't believe it. It was just awful. I can't even say how awful it was.
    The kids each got a cone, and Steve and I Dole Whips, and we scored a table outside in the shade on Main Street and people watched.
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/100_4476.jpg
    This is by far, my favorite activity in WDW. I could do this for hours. Katie too. Steve doesn't understand how we can just sit there and watch, but it is amazing what you see. People are amazing.
    One last view of the castle.,
    http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...o/100_4475.jpg
    I make one last purchase at the Emporium, the Illuminatons CD and we head back to the Poly. We decided on taking the monorail back and we get stuck inside the CR! For 30 minutes, as there is a problem shutting one of the doors. Katie was thrilled, hoping we would miss our plane. Nope, we make it back, no worries. We pack up quickly and ship two boxes home.
    Off to the pool! We swam, played games, and had lunch poolside from Captain Cooks. Pulled pork Nachos, adult grilled cheeses and noodle bowls.
    I was so happy when it started raining and thundering and they were cancelling pool activities. It made leaving easier! We said our final goodbyes to our room, our ducks, and Kai went on a last lizard hunt. We called for our car and we were on our way. I am still doing ok with leaving. I am grateful for our trip together and know we have so much more to look forward to. Disneyland is in a matter of weeks!!!
    I really like having the car, and somehow, not being on the Magical Express bus makes leaving easier too. We did it at our own pace.
    We had an uneventful flight, and have decided to return for Halloween!
    Thanks for reading!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, another great set of reports to what started out as a not so good trip but had a happy ending.

Sorry about the slow start at Vero but thankful for the report. We had been considering HH or Vero for next summer but HH seems the way to go.

So jealous you were able to get the D&B messenger. I tried Uptown Jeweler on our last day (6/29) and they were still expecting them, looks like they got them in time for you.

Totally get the Waffle House thing, always a highlight for DS19 when he's on a baseball trip and they go there (even thought they do not have taylor ham).

Family looks great, love your hair, had considered blowout express for myself but instead just cut it all off.

Enjoy your summer, looking forward to your DL report.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed reading about your trip. Sounds like a great time. Nice pictures too. Have a great rest of the summer.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great reports. Enjoy your other two vacations this summer. Halloween will be here before you know it. The summer is already flying by.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports

Post Thanks / Like

Love the pics! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time

In a few of the photos, one of the girls was wearing a Disneyland lanyard which looked to be holding her park passes, etc. Where did you get that?
    Next WDW Vacation: 1st Disney Cruise w. Land and Sea adventure, Summer 2014

WDW 76x ON PROPERTY since March 1984
    Most Recent Trip: Thanksgiving/Christmas 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I have enjoyed your trip reports. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing about your next trip!!
    Dec 2010 AKL
    May 2009 POFQ
    Oct 2008 Pop
    X-Mas 2007-POFQ
    May 2006 Pop
    June 2005 ASMu
    May 2002-Off Site
    Dec. 1999-Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, another wonderful trip. Before you know it you'll be in Disneyland, then back in WDW for Halloween.

We love having a car too. We often get asked why we drive since we go so often and its such a far drive. I love the fact that we can leave when we are ready. So many times we expected to leave first thing in the morning and ended up there till lunch, or even better for another night.

Its funny you say Katie and Steve had a tough time leaving. As my boys get older I think leaving for them gets harder, like they've come to appreciate this time together in "our" special place. It used to be just about a fun vacation ending and going back to "boring old home", but now its more about the place we are leaving and the feeling we all have when we are there. I also find on each trip we go on Kevin gets the bug a bit more too. Now he is the one saying what he wants to do "next time" when we aren't even out the gates yet.

Can't wait to ready about Disneyland in a few weeks!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Looking forward to hearing about DL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what was with the Jungle Cruise Skipper? No jokes? That's so wrong. People watching at Disney is the best. And shopping! Love the shopping. And... well, everything. I know it's so hard to leave. But more happy adventures ahead for you Poly People, so will wait for future reports. I'm headed to Disneyland for my first time next year.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa,
    Great reports as usual, I always look forward to them! Love your writing style, give just the right amount of details and love the pictures. I haven’t spent the time to figure out how to post pictures yet, also my family (and myself included) do not like our pictures taken.

We will be there in October too! Are you going to be there ON Halloween?

BTW---Off topic, I saw your son and husband at our local gym working out on the machines (I belong to the same gym) I didn’t want to bother them or think that I am a stalker or anything! You and the girls were probably in the exercise class.

Thanks again for the reports, looking forward to your report on DL!
    Dana
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes"
    Upcoming trips
    March 2013 for Garden Festival
    October 2013 Food and Wine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvDaMouse View Post
    Lisa,
    Great reports as usual, I always look forward to them! Love your writing style, give just the right amount of details and love the pictures. I haven’t spent the time to figure out how to post pictures yet, also my family (and myself included) do not like our pictures taken.

We will be there in October too! Are you going to be there ON Halloween?

BTW---Off topic, I saw your son and husband at our local gym working out on the machines (I belong to the same gym) I didn’t want to bother them or think that I am a stalker or anything! You and the girls were probably in the exercise class.

Thanks again for the reports, looking forward to your report on DL!
    Dana
    Yes! Dana! That is us. I am at the gym probably 6 days out of the week. Mostly classes for me. I love the classes, especially spin and kickboxing. I am mostly there in the am, but if Kai and Steve are going in the evening, I will go again, Say Hi! Oh, and Yes, we will be there on the actual Halloween!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    Love the pics! It looks like you guys had a fabulous time

In a few of the photos, one of the girls was wearing a Disneyland lanyard which looked to be holding her park passes, etc. Where did you get that?
    Katie got the Disneyland lanyard at the Emporium in Disneyland last August!
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like

return for halloween???? What a great ending to a wdw vacation - a definite plan for the next one!

I enjoyed reading your trip reports and looking at your pictures. You have a great family and I hope to raise Disney addicts so much so that they too want to 'go to college at Mouse U'.

thank you for sharing!
    Jennifer - Proud DVC Owner
    DW of MyDisneyWorld; Mom of DDs (8) and (6)
    04/00 - 03 = off property
    09/03 ASMu, 09/04 POP, 12/05, 09/06 SSR
    10/07 VWL, 10/09 - THV, 10/10, 10/11 - AKL, 10/12 -THV, 02/13- CBR/CSR, 9/13 - BWV/BLT
    Next Up: Spring Break 4/'14 - BLT and Star Wars Weekend 5/'14 - BCV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the trip reports!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The last day is always sad, it never ever stops-
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

I guess its easier to leave when you know you'll soon be back....wow, what kind of ice cream was that?

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports, as always! And now you have so many other trips to look forward to as well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful trip! I love how you didn't let the disappointment of Vero spoil your trip.
    And, so glad you are getting the most out of your APs and going to enjoy Halloween at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I know I've probably told you this before, but your children are absolutely beautiful. And, that gorgeous hair!! They really seem to make the most out of their trips, family time, smiling and really enjoying all the details.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I hope you have a great trip to Vermont and Disneyland and enjoy the rest of your summer with your kids.

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    I guess its easier to leave when you know you'll soon be back....wow, what kind of ice cream was that?
    We always get the kiddie cones at the Main Street Ice cream parlor. They come with Mickey ears! And Khloe was eating Butterfinger ice cream, a special flavor of the day.
    Lisa

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: