Quantcast A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Days 5 and 6 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning…. There will be a LOT of BBB pictures……
    Claire got changed and soon we heard someone ask if we were ready yet. We were almost done, and she said she would be waiting outside the curtain for us.
    We put on Claire’s finishing touches and were led out to her chair. I just love Claire’s dress. We got it from another Diser and I fell in love with it when I read her TR. She was selling it as it no longer fit, and I was happy to buy it.

Claire picked the Diva style again. But this time I was relieved that she picked blonde hair instead of pink!

I believe they were picking out face jewels here.

At some point and time the Photopass photographer came over and asked for my card. I told her that I had set it on the work station of the FGIT. She acted surprised, and I asked if that was wrong to do. She said no that was exactly where it should go, but she never had anyone do that before. She wondered if I had been there before, and I said yes. And she thought it was funny. I told her (and the guy too) to take lots of pictures because I had pre-bought the CD and I think they did a fair amount.

And getting started.

random shots

If I did this to Claire at home she would be SCREAMING!

A quick Video.

Make-up was next.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nails were done. I think she picked pink paint.

And some eye shadow.

Her make-up was little dark, but she loved it. I am scared how she will be as a teen with make-up because when she plays dress up at home and puts it on…. it looks horrid! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

A sprinkling of dust.

If you read my last TR, you will know I am NOT a fan of the cotton candy puff ball on top of the head. In the brochure they show it more spiky, which I like much better, but none of the FGIT will do it that way. So even though my DD is now a beautiful princess I cringe at the puff ball on top.

Time for the royal crown!

And now the Sash.

The anticipation is building!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Time for the Big reveal!

For those who are not familiar with BBB, They never let the child see themselves in the mirror the whole time. So until she turns Claire to face the mirror she really doesn’t know what she looks like. I always love the look on her face when she sees it for the first time. Photopass can usually capture it pretty well too.

Claire was VERY Happy with her result!!

Post Thanks / Like

Things were done a little differently this time around. Instead of paying after we were finished, a lady came around and collected payment from you during it. Also, our goodie bag contained less and was not as fancy looking. I can’t remember what all we didn’t get compared to last trip, but I do know there was only 1 nail polish, instead of 2, like they used to give out.
    I gave some money to Claire to give our girl as a tip. I think I had her sign our autograph book as well.
    The photopass girl asked if I knew about the photo shoot, and I assured her I did and that would be our next stop.
    We headed out the door and I gave my parents a call. My phone was low on battery, so I wanted to be sure they would find us in case it died. They were on the monorail over and said they would be there shortly….now I should’ve really listened to that clue. I have never transferred from park to park, so I didn’t realize (I knew it in the back of my head, but never thought about it) that the park buses drop you off at the TTC. If I had thought about that, I could’ve told my parents where the resort bus stop was. I didn’t, and lets just say…when they left the park later that evening they had quite a time getting back to Pop. LOL!
    Claire and I went and got in line for the photo shoot then. There were a few families in front of us, so we had to wait.

I tired to take a few pictures while we waited, but I kept getting people walking in front of me, so I just gave up.

Soon it was our turn.

As Claire was finishing up I got a call from Mom. She and Dad were outside the shop waiting for us. I let her know we would be right out. This was kind of nice, because I grabbed Claire while talking and headed out. I didn’t have to have any pressure sales on buying a package. LOL!

We found Mom and Dad, and Claire ran up to them to show off her beauty.

We headed off to CRT then to check and see if we could get in early. Tasha was at the desk…and she recognized me right away. I was impressed. She looked to see if she could fit us in early. While she was looking, Dad kept asking…”can she get us in…do we have to wait…how long before we get in?” UGH!!! I just gave him a look. I had no more of a clue about it than he did. She was looking and I was waiting to see. Luckily she could get us right in. We came in at the perfect time. They were wrapping up the seating for that dinner session.
    She told us to walk right in…and we did!

Post Thanks / Like

For those who have been there, you know you see Cinderella in the lobby first. Since we were just making it to that seating, we didn’t have to wait for Cinderella at all.
    Claire went right up to her long lost sister.

We then headed upstairs and were seated at the last table in the line up…right next to the doorway.

We had Gustuvo again. (sp?) He was very friendly, but I think he was a bit more forgetful this time. He did seem really busy too.
    We made our orders.

Dad wasn’t too hungry for some reason, but he still ordered something too.

The appetizers came out pretty fast.

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony. They did not do this last time we were here. I don’t know if that was the norm back then when they used to have the Fairy Godmother for dinner or if we were in just so late that they didn’t do it.

Claire took her wishing seriously

Snow White was near us and danced a little during the ceremony.

Soon after the ceremony Snow White made it to our table. We were very UN impressed with her. She talked a very high pitched baby talk. I have met a few Snow Whites in the past…and NONE talked like this. My Mom was about to start laughing right then and there and I was holding back my chuckles.

Claire liked her though because she kissed her autograph book and made big red lips in it.

Ariel was next. She had a baby voice too, but not nearly as bad. But I still found it weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for reporting! I especially enjoyed the pictures of the Splash Mountain queue and ride since I haven't been able to ride that one in so many years. You are a very talented photographer, the seagull picture from the cruise was so cool too!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by January-2007 View Post
    Thank you so much for reporting! I especially enjoyed the pictures of the Splash Mountain queue and ride since I haven't been able to ride that one in so many years. You are a very talented photographer, the seagull picture from the cruise was so cool too!
    Thanks so much for reading along. I enjoy taking pictures....and as you can see I take a LOT! LOL! I will be heading back down in 3 weeks and wil lwrite up another report for that trip as well....but first I need to finish this one!

Post Thanks / Like

Aurora was at Ariel’s heels.

Aurora actually forgot to sign Claire’s book. Since we were the last table I gave it to a CM and she ran it back to her to sign. We still had time before the next character.

Our food then arrived.

This was Moms and she said it was absolutely horrid. I think she only took about 2 bites of it.

Over all it was a disappointing meal. Dad’s was probably the best, and Mom ended up kind of sharing with him. Mine was just OK. The sauce was weird tasting to me. Claire’s was pretty good though.

Dad was amazed at Claire’s hair. He kept asking how her hair got so blonde. I kept telling him it’s normally blonde…but finally we realized he didn’t know there was a hair piece in it. LOL!

This was also Mom and Dads first character meal. I think they weren’t sure exactly how it worked…especially Dad. But they got the hang of it and were getting excited as each new princess arrived.

Finally Belle arrived. Claire has 2 favorite princesses, Ariel and Belle, though I think Belle might be slightly higher ranked.

Dessert then arrived. It was good, but not great….why wasn’t it great? ….. Because they no longer serve the Chocolate Buckle! Which has to be one of my most favorite desserts of all time…. I am so disappointed that they stopped serving this. I have tried to find a recipe for this to try to make it at home, but no such luck.

Here’s a copy of the kids menu.

And the picture we received as part of the package.

This meal was not worth the price at all. I don’t think we will be going back soon unless they change the menu…or my little one gives me big puppy dog eyes!

I was getting pretty chilly sitting in there. I only had my tank top one and didn’t bring a sweatshirt because I had planned to buy a new on in the park.

So we headed off to shop. That was a bit trickier than I had thought. The sidewalks were lined up with people waiting for the parade. We weaved our way through and finally made it to the stores. I could NOT find a 2011 sweatshirt. I asked a couple of people and no one seemed to know, or they would send me to a spot that didn’t have any. I did finally find one, but it wasn’t to my liking. It was very similar to my 2007 one, and that is the least favorite one I own…gray and the year wasn’t anything fancy.

I asked about the pink one I had seen online, and they told me it had been discontinued in the adult size, but no one knew why.
    Dad stepped outside and decided to watch the parade while we shopped. Claire quickly found a baby Marie and HAD to have it, so we purchased that for her and sent her out with Dad. ( I don’t think she really knew who Marie was at that point, but it was really cute)

I finally settled on a pink tie dye sweatshirt. It was cute. It didn’t have the year, but I guess I could live with it.

Mom picked a blue one very similar to it.

Mom and Dad decided to head back to Pop. They told me I could bring Claire back at any time if I wanted to and then go back. I handed my bag to my Mom and just kept the bare essentials on me. The bag was getting annoying. But not as annoying as the camera bag, but I had to keep that with me.
    Dad didn’t want to leave till the parade was over, so they finished watching it and then left.

We found out the next day that they had taken the monorail over to the TTC. Since they arrived there from AK, that’s where they thought they were supposed to go. They asked someone where to go and they got a rude CM who basically did NOT tell them where to go. So they found someone else who was much more helpful and finally made it back.

Claire and I headed over towards Pirates. She wanted to ride it again. Of course I totally forgot about the new castle show…which I had wanted to see…and totally missed.

I tried a few lighted castle pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

We stopped off to ride the flying Carpets.

That little stinker kept trying to steer us into the camels spit and then she would laugh an evil laugh!

We had a lot of fun and continued on our way to Adventureland.
    Claire wanted to go on Pirates again!

I think this lantern is from somewhere in the Pirates cue…..or outside the building.

The posted wait was 5 minutes, but we soon came to a stop and noticed the boats were going through empty. A CM made an announcement that the ride was down temporarily. I asked him if he had a guestimate time and he wasn’t sure. It could be 5 minutes or 10 or more. He wasn’t sure what was wrong, but mentioned the mist could possibly not be working, or one of the animatronics’ malfunctioning.
    Claire and I decide to jump out of line and go to BTMR and then come back to Pirates.

Post Thanks / Like

We came out of Pirates to see that Wishes had started. This is when I realized that I had wanted to see the Castle show prior to Wishes and totally forgot about it. I took a couple quick, on the move, shots as we walked towards BMTR to use our FP’s.

We headed over to BMTR and the FP line had basically NO wait. The regular line was almost just as fast. I did not take a single picture here…..sorry.
    Claire and I got the 1st row again. It was fun and fast, but I could tell it might’ve been too much for Claire. I asked her when we were done if she liked it and she said not really, it was too fast. 2 guys behind us started laughing. I then asked, so you still want to try Space Mountain? And she quickly said yes….And the guys behind us really cracked up then.
    We decided to check if pirates was running again and then make our way towards Space Mountain.
    It was!

We found that they must not have fixed the problems that had shut it down earlier. The mist was NOT there. Claire noticed that right away. And the part where you have pirates chasing around in circles…those we not moving at all. And the last scene with Captain Jack was completely lit up. I should’ve taken a picture then, as that would’ve been a perfect opportunity to get a better shot with more light.

It was still fun and unless you really know the ride you probably wouldn’t have noticed the differences.

We decided to walk over towards Space Mountain and let Claire look at it.

We got to the hub and Claire put the breaks on. She did NOT want to try Space Mtn. I tried a bit to convince her to try, but at that time it was a big no. I noticed they were putting up the ropes for the next parade, so I told Claire we would watch that instead. Again, she said no, she had already watched it earlier. I told her she only got to see part of it and it was from far away, behind people. This time we would have a front row seat…and besides I didn’t see it and that is what we were going to do!
    She grumbled a bit, but sat down and then was thankful for the rest time.

Claire jabbered a mile a minute while I took pictures and went through my camera cards.

As you can tell I was trying to get every color of the castle lights.

Almost 11!

I really debated actually seeing this parade before coming down. I LOVE Spectro Magic. It’s my all time favorite parade. I LOVE the music…and just everything about it. I looked at videos of MSEP on You Tube and thought YUCK! The music was horrid. Once the hours were extended for MK that night, and extra parade was added, and I figured I would play it by ear, but would most likely give it a try.
    I’m glad I did. I actually kind of liked it. Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t care for the music, but it was better than I thought it would be and the floats themselves were great. Spetro will still be number 1 in my eyes though.

Post Thanks / Like

Claire was really enjoying the parade and very glad we had stopped to see it again. She realized she had only seen a small portion before.

We were really happy with the spot we had. No crowds at all and a great view of everything.

More pictures to come! I figured since this may be the only time I ever saw this parade, I should take a LOT. Little did I know that I would be back again in Aug of this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Days 5 and 6

I have been following your report and want to jump in here and say you take very clear pictures! What do you use for a camera? Btw - I love the photo of the SM boat before you just ready to splash down...very cool!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    I have been following your report and want to jump in here and say you take very clear pictures! What do you use for a camera? Btw - I love the photo of the SM boat before you just ready to splash down...very cool!
    Thanks. I use a Canon50D and I also edit everything in Photoshop (CS3)

Post Thanks / Like

Claire loved all these dresses.

Look at that hair! Who wouldn’t want a man like that! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

The parade ended. We were happy we stopped and Claire was even happy with my decision. It did seem like this parade is shorter than Spectro though.
    I asked Claire if she wanted me to take her back to the room and she said no way, She still had many rides to ride.
    We started in the direction of Tomorrowland.

I missed posting these, but I believe these photopass were taken after our dinner and on our way to buy a sweatshirt. They are pretty ******, but here you go. That’s the tank I bought on castaway cay.

On the way over to Tomorrowland I believe we stopped for these.

I walked her by Space Mountain and asked if she wanted to ride, and she said “NO WAY”. Darn it. I still held out hope, but it never did happen.

That crazy girl talked me into the tea cups. I don’t like this ride at all. I can’t spin…or if I do, I feel very sick. So the deal was I would ride, but we would do everything in our power to NOT spin…and she agreed and followed through, which I was happy about.

We headed over to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and it had just closed at midnight, so we missed it by minutes.

We decided to take a spin on Buzz, which was walk on.

Neither of us did well, but I did much better than Claire.
    I don’t remember who’s score this belonged to…hopefully it was Claire’s. LOL!

And our redneck shot. We look very determined! Actually I look down right scary. Must be the lack of sleep catching up to me.

Post Thanks / Like

We headed off towards Tomorrowland Speedway next.

Claire was tall enough to drive and she was so excited. Let’s just say, I’m glad she has 10 more years till she gets her drivers license!!!!

Next we headed off to Pooh!

I think we just kind of walked through the interactive cue, maybe touching a few things here and there. But there wasn’t much of a line, so we hurried through.

I was surprised that Claire remembered our ride from 2 years ago. The ride had stopped a couple of times and the lights came on…Claire remembered that and mentioned it a couple of times through out the ride.
    We decided to take a walk around the dump shop. I debated on buying several different things, but in the end, we walked out empty handed.

These were lighted up weeds basically (outside of Pooh), but I thought they looked so cool.

A quick shot of the carrousel.

And on to Snow White. This is not a favorite, in fact it has scared Claire in the past, but being that we may never have a chance to ride it again, we decided to go on it one last time.

Post Thanks / Like

More Snow White pictures!

BYE!! Not sure if we’ll ever see you again!

Claire wasn’t impressed with the ride, and I think she really won’t care that it’s leaving.

We came out and headed over towards the castle.

We saw that Chip and Dale were out and Claire wanted to stop. I believe they were going in for a break, but would be right back out and we waited. I am so glad we did. This was the best character meet we EVER had!
    THEY LOVED Claire. They took her and danced with her and played with her. They acted like she was the only person there. They did some funky rock moves, did the chicken dance. Chip decided he was leaving and grabbed Claire to walk away with him. The CM had to scold him, all the while Dale tried stealing away with Claire. They were fighting over her. Claire was LOVING every moment of it and laughing so hard.
    The photopass photographer was wonderful and snapped away as well.

Warning LOTS of Chip and Dale pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

A few more Chip and Dale pictures.

It was so much fun. I am so sad that the characters will no longer be out during EMH. I always get the best interaction then, though I have to say in 2009 we had pretty good interaction with Chip and Dale as well during the day.

I tried to take some artsy photos after out meet.

A lady saw me shoot this one and thought it was so neat that I was taking pictures like that. I assured her that they wouldn’t be nearly as neat once I looked at them at home. LOL!

We headed off to Small World next. Again, no wait!

As you can see they were sending empty boats.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a good time and Claire’s eyes were wide open the whole ride. We actually LOVE this song, but I got in trouble when I tried to sing. I am not a good singer…and Claire reminds me of it all the time.

It’s been a few months now, and my notes aren’t clear, but I think we rode this twice in a row just because we could!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: