Quantcast Brief HHN News from HHN Rumors....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brief HHN News from HHN Rumors....

Some news for HHN trickles in via HHN Rumors... HHN website may be up on June 29th as well... Guess we have to wait and see if that's true or not...

According to what appears to be an official press release given to OnlineFlorida.co.uk, we can confirm 25 nights for this year's event. The dates are posted below. The release also notes the name of the event as Halloween Horror Nights XXI.

"Combo Ticket Admission (includes Day and Event admission):
    2-Park Bonus with Halloween Horror Nights® Combo Ticket. The 2-Park Bonus with Halloween Horror Nights® Combo Ticket entitles one guest admission to Universal Studios Florida®, Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal CityWalk® on all days during a fourteen (14) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used.

This ticket also includes admission to HHN during the following 2011 Event Dates which fall within the fourteen (14) consecutive day period: September 23, 29, 30 October 2, 6, 7, 9, 13, 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 30, or 31. Not valid for any Saturday HHN Events Dates: September 24, October 1, 8, 15, 22, or 29. "
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, DisneyFreak2002!

This is very helpful. The only dates I've had to go on were ones people claim they saw for the HHN employment opportunities.

It's nice to know the official dates!

I can't believe Universal is so late releasing information this year. Last year they released the dates and allowed the purchase of tickets starting on 6/15, and THAT was the latest release date in my memory!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shocked too... My plans for October somewhat hinge on the HHN dates... I used last year's model and figured out the possible 2011 dates... I was right... My plans were set for October 6 based figuring them out myself a few months ago... And thankfully i was right...

I'm doing HHN instead of MNSSHP... Disney doesn't change anything up year after year, so, my friend and I decided to give Universal the money this year since we have done MNSSHP several times and never done HHN....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you like scary...they don't recommend children under 12 going. I heard the CM in costume chase you down the streets with chain saws...no trick or treating either.
    Have a great time.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Hope you like scary...they don't recommend children under 12 going. I heard the CM in costume chase you down the streets with chain saws...no trick or treating either.
    Have a great time.

This is true. They also sneak up from behind you while walking down dark fog filled streets.
    Their costumes are also top notch. They could be used for horror movies they look so real.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    Have a great time.
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    This is true. They also sneak up from behind you while walking down dark fog filled streets.
    Their costumes are also top notch. They could be used for horror movies they look so real.
    Bring... it... On.. Wait, that a movie that was filmed there, right? LOL...

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, thanks for the info. HHN is awesome that's what actual got dh and I to travel to fl and become Disney junkies 9 years ago. I'm sure you've done your research but the houses are scary and so detailed. You gotta love unexpected things like a shaun of the dead winchester scene with the shaun scareactor wearing the red tie around his head. Or vampires flying over your head in another house. Also the bill and ted show can be really funny, depends on the year some have been funnier then others but usually good. I'm kinda surprised about the September 23rd opening. We normally have to guess also since we plan our week in wdw to hit HHN and the food and wine festival, in the past opening weekend has been the last weekend in September. Hmm I guess universal is trying to make extra money this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishesFan13 View Post
    Hmm I guess universal is trying to make extra money this year.
    This is a gold mine for them and they know it. I'm surprised they haven't followed Disney's lead and have dates in all of Sept and some of November.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

we are staying at us prior to our week stay at wdw the end of sept. we have not been to us or ioa since 2000. how will hhn affect our visit if we are checking in on the 23rd? will the park close early? will it be crowded? we were not planning on hhn that weekend. should we attend?

Post Thanks / Like

They've been doing the last full all-September weekend (usually 23rd or 25th) the past couple of years. We always go the first weekend, and you shouldn't see a big increase in crowds during the day. Many people come just for the evening for HHNs. You should be fine.

But, yes, it will affect the usual Universal closing time by about 1 hour.

Usually Universal will close at 5pm and Islands of Adventure closes at 7pm.

DisneyFreak2002 - You are in for such a GOOD time. My husband and I started going in 2005 and we're hooked! Definitely the polar opposite of MNSSHP, but wonderful just the same. It is very well done and VERY scary. If you like frightening, you'll love it!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: The HHN website is in fact up and running and tickets are now being sold!!!!!!!

Halloween Horror Nights

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much DisneyFreak2002! With such a busy day at work I didn't get a chance to check today!

This is great! I'm going to check right now!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad they have the "Rush of Fear" pass (a partial Frequent Fear Pass for the first half of the dates(! I heard about this in one of the surveys Universal sent me months ago.

We always go the opening weekend, so this will save us quite a bit of money.

The partial pass is definitely the way to go at $69.99 to get admission for all of the first 10 nights. This is cheaper than a 1 day ticket, which has SKYROCKETED to $81.99.

Of course, if you're only going 1 night and will have a park ticket during the day, Stay and Scream is still the way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Stay and Scream is the way me and my friend are going... $37.00 added to a one day pass is acceptable to me... I think I will be calling and doing this over the phone tomorrow because I also have to add a 3rd day to my tickets...

Post Thanks / Like

Stay and Scream is a great deal for one night visits - the best!

My husband and I used to do this, until we became totally addicted and decided we'd rather do 2 nights a year and started getting the Frequent Fear Pass in 2007. Traditionally, this comes out to about $35 a night. But, it's obviously only worth it if you're going more than 1 night.

Calling will probably be the best way to have them add on the Stay and Scream option since you've already purchased tickets and need to add on to your day passes. In the past, you can buy the Stay and Scream ticket separately, and they just leave the responsbility on you to be in the park already and have a Universal ticket. They won't scan your Stay and Scream ticket until you're in the holding area (or maybe at the gate if you've already exited the park - never tried to leave and come back with a Stay and Scream). This may have changed, so calling will probably be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Tha's something else I have to figure out then... if we can leave, dine on CityWalk, then re-enter.. Can't see why that would be an issue though...

Post Thanks / Like

I will be getting the Frequent Fear Plus pass, unless I pass the audition for HHN (I'm considering auditioning).
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

They have a special area for Stay and Scream (same holding area we spoke about above)... If you're only doing one night AND you're doing October, I highly recommend you consider the Stay and Scream holding area

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    They have a special area for Stay and Scream (same holding area we spoke about above)... If you're only doing one night AND you're doing October, I highly recommend you consider the Stay and Scream holding area
    So basically, if I get the stay and scream add on, I have to stay in the park??? I cannot leave and dine in CityWalk??? The website says I can get the stay and scream add on my one day ticket, but the usage of the stay and scream doesn't have to be the same day I visit the park... Unless I am missing something????

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really not sure. I've only stayed in the park with the Stay and Scream. Besides the price, that is really the big selling point of the ticket, because it helps ensure you can get to each of the houses (usually there are 8). On crowded nights, it may be impossible to see everything in one night because of how long the lines can get (over an hour wait per house), without the advantage of Stay and Scream jump on the first 2-3 houses OR an HHN Express Pass.

I doubt that they would turn you away. I would ask when you call. I would also make sure you have your Universal ticket with you and ready to show.

In my experience, Universal workers in the park aren't always so sure of what to do (some opening weekends 50% of them can't tell you where the Stay and Scream holding area will be). However, I have always found that they are pretty reasonable and will use common sense. I can't imagine that if you have both your Universal ticket and your Stay and Scream at the gate that they would give you any problems.

However, (not to be a broken record or bossy - I promise, last time I will say it) I STRONGLY recommend that you do not leave the park. The lines outside the park get quite long, especially since everyone must go through metal detectors. You'll then be dealing with the lines for the first few houses (sometimes they stagger house opening times, so even if you work the houses counter-clockwise, you still may have to wait 20 minutes for the first on the opposite side of the park to open).

However, if you're also getting Express Passes, this will not be so much of a problem. In my experience, this event is exponentially more crowded then MNSSHP because there are less nights that this event is open (it starts later in the season) and is a huge hit with locals and die hard fans. The crowd levels will depend on the night you're going, but even on opening night (one of the less crowded evenings), we have seen at least one or two houses at any given time with over an hour wait. Having a jump on the crowd has really helped us in the past and helped us avoid any major long lines so that we can see almost everything.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: