Quantcast Something of yours at Disney?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Body in Mobile, Alabama Mind completely gone!
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Something of yours at Disney?

I was reading another post and someone said that their mother wanted her ashes spread out at Disney. That got me to thinking, has anyone else left something of personal value at Disney? When my divorce was final, I went on a trip with a few friends to WDW to get my mind off of things. My ex and I had been there during the Millennium Celebration and we had our picture on "Leaving a Legacy", my two boys think that it is hilarious and point it out to me every time we go now. Anyway, while at Epcot with my friends I had brought my wedding band with me, I stopped on the a bridge in World Showcase near the UK, a spot where my ex and I had a picture talked that was on our mantle at our house, and I threw my ring into the lagoon. It kinda gave me closure in a strange way. Has anybody else even done anything along these lines?
    By the way, my wife thinks I was crazy and should have sold the ring!
    Todd aka BAMABOY
    19 times and counting
    !!

"Mongo only pawn in game of life"
    "Phone's ringing Dude. Thank you Donny"
    "Sorry folks, parks closed. The moose out front shoulda' told ya."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Ours wasn't on purpose, but my wife lost a gold cross earring during our honeymoon at WDW, and to this day we don't know exactly where, and likely it wound up in the trash somewhere, but I'd like to think it's still there.

What's so special about the earring? Well, when we were 15yo, my left ear was pierced, and the gold cross was my favorite earring. When I started dating my wife, I decided one day to let her wear it, and I never got it back, but I didn't mind. 12 years later, while on our honeymoon, she put it on at the Wilderness Lodge, and thought she was wearing it when we left to catch the monorail and to see the Poly Luau. When we got there, the earring was missing and we never saw it again.

DW was pretty broken up by it, and thought I'd be angry, but of course I wasn't. I told her that it was a fitting place for her to leave it because it represented a new beginning for us, and we left a little bit of ourselves there in our honeymoon place!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Does a baseball cap and atleast 2 pair of sunglasses count?
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

While waiting for the boat at the Wilderness Lodge, I had a loose hair that I dropped in the water. I thought, "I'm leaving my DNA at DW!"
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I have a Legacy and so does DD. We take a photo of it every time we go, and that photo is in each WDW scrapbook I have for each year. And about spreading ashes @ WDW, DD says he wants that too. My mom passed away in '06 and had told me on several occasions that she always wanted to travel around the world and have her ashes scattered over the ocean. So, after a trip to Destin (where we had a small ceremony), my only other option is to take the remainder to WDW and spread a little in each country.
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm, this has got me thinking. I wonder if I can get myself cremated when I die, have the ashes put into an urn and then convince WDW to place my urn as an addition to HM? Perhaps on the organ or on the mantle of the fireplace in the dining hall/ballroom scene would be good. Then that way, if I come back as a ghost, I WILL be the 1000th happy haunt.

Plus on top of that, I already have a little bit of myself there by having my pic on the Leave A Legacy wall.
    Last edited by JasonH; 06-17-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added last tidbit.
    28 times to WDW and still going since 1984!! Most recent visit: November/December 2011...Far too long since my last visit! :'(

Personally, I believe it didn't start with a mouse. It started with a man that had one of the greatest imaginations in this world.

Post Thanks / Like

Something of mine at Disney (WDW)???

How about...My childhood! And I have to keep returning on a regular basis to revisit it!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm...I've never left anything intentionally, but this thread has convinced me that it's time. The little "hamster on a wheel" in my brain is working overtime, now. *think, think, think* The question is not, "Will I leave anything behind?" but, "WHAT will I leave behind?"
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

It's so funny you said that... I went to disney in January and i knew my friend was coming the following week. so i gave a CM at the bakery on MS an envelope and a 10 dollar bill in it. i told her the exact date he would be there.

Our tradition is to walk down mainstreet, stop at the bakery, get a cookie and walk to the castle while eating the cookie. so i called him that morning from kansas and told him when he goes to teh bakery to ask for her. He did and she gave him the envelope w/ the money and a note saying the cookie was on me.....
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

"Baseball cap and sunglasses" made me laugh out loud. I could add to that list!

How about my savings account???
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

We always hide a quarter somewhere in the MK during our trip and try to find it during our next trip. The past two times we hid it in the rafters of the juice and coffee stand near the tea cups. However, it was gone both times during our return trips. We have another one hiding there right now and in 27 days I will be looking for it. So, anyone reading this post, DON'T STEAL IT BEFORE I GET THERE!
    Planned for 2015, SSR in June, BWV in July
    14 AKL & BCV
    13 WLV & BCV & SSR
    12 AKV, BCV, POFQ
    11 Akv, BCV, SSR
    10 AKV, BCV, WLV
    09 AKV, BCV,POFQ
    08 BWV, WL & BC
    07 OKW
    06 SSR, OKW, BC, PR & DVC
    05 AKL, CBR, WL & HARDROCK
    04 CS & DISNEYLAND
    98 CS
    77, 87, 94 OFF SITE

Post Thanks / Like

I left my lunch in EPCOT following an unfortunate 2nd ride on Mission: Space. I don't think this post is necessarily reflects the spirit of the original poster. Sorry.

I will have to think about this for the future.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

I have left several thousands of dollars...

2018 Port Orleans Riverside
    2012 Port Orleans Riverside
    2011 Port Orleans French Quarter
    2009 Grand Floridian
    2007 Contemporary
    2006 Grand Floridian
    2004 Polynesian
    1980 Day trip to MK

Post Thanks / Like

Just footprints...

Post Thanks / Like

My sister & her family went the same year me & my family went but they were there a few months before us (it was 2004). While they were there she told me she secretly left a note at Prime Time Cafe and when we got there to look and see if it was still there. When we got to the restaurant, sure enough, it was still there! I'm not sure if this area still looks the same now but there was a TV in the waiting area and there was a fake plant near it. She left the note under the fake plant way in the corner of the shelf the tv and plant were on. People probably wondered why we were digging around behind a fake plant at the time
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LovinWDW View Post
    We always hide a quarter somewhere in the MK during our trip and try to find it during our next trip. The past two times we hid it in the rafters of the juice and coffee stand near the tea cups. However, it was gone both times during our return trips. We have another one hiding there right now and in 27 days I will be looking for it. So, anyone reading this post, DON'T STEAL IT BEFORE I GET THERE!
    I think this is a neat challenge for us all.

Last night I was at Lowes having keys made. They had a key concealer, in the shape of a sprinkler head. I wonder if that could be used at Disney, hidden in the bushes somewhere, with a little object inside. However, as soon as an astute CM saw a non-compliant sprinkler, game over. Still, it's something to think about.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillydan View Post
    I have left several thousands of dollars...
    LOL!!!!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Last night I was at Lowes having keys made. They had a key concealer, in the shape of a sprinkler head. I wonder if that could be used at Disney, hidden in the bushes somewhere, with a little object inside. However, as soon as an astute CM saw a non-compliant sprinkler, game over. Still, it's something to think about.
    Not to be a party pooper but in this day and age, I'd hate to add to the tasks already faced by WDW security, who may be looking for unwanted/unauthorized packages.

As for me, lanyards with pins, a baseball cap or two and yes, several thousand dollars!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Ours wasn't on purpose, but my wife lost a gold cross earring during our honeymoon at WDW, and to this day we don't know exactly where, and likely it wound up in the trash somewhere, but I'd like to think it's still there.

What's so special about the earring? Well, when we were 15yo, my left ear was pierced, and the gold cross was my favorite earring. When I started dating my wife, I decided one day to let her wear it, and I never got it back, but I didn't mind. 12 years later, while on our honeymoon, she put it on at the Wilderness Lodge, and thought she was wearing it when we left to catch the monorail and to see the Poly Luau. When we got there, the earring was missing and we never saw it again.

DW was pretty broken up by it, and thought I'd be angry, but of course I wasn't. I told her that it was a fitting place for her to leave it because it represented a new beginning for us, and we left a little bit of ourselves there in our honeymoon place!
    I just wanted to say that this was a very sweet story!

I haven't left anything there (on purpose!) but I did ask a lot of design-specific questions to the cast member who lead our Keys to the Kingdom tour a few years ago. (I blame by civil engineering degree!) So if nothing else, I left a strange impression for a few hours on the cast member :-)
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Last trip we stayed in ASMovies we had to push the 1 bed over to the wall (DS has a habit of tossing himself out of bed in the middle of the night!) I took down the large poster size Toy Story picture frame so it wouldn't fall on him and on the back side in small print it said "The Johansen's - February 2006" I thought that was pretty cool, never got around to putting our "tag" on it.

Never left anything intentional but I do like that idea...
    Dec 1993 - FW
    Feb 2007 - FW & ASMus
    Jan 2008 - WL
    Dec 2009 - POFQ
    Oct 2010 - ASMov
    Aug 2011 - Wyndham Resort
    Mar 2012 - OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: