Quantcast Price Increase June 12th - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scrooge McDuck's Price Comparison (Gasoline Vs. WDW)

Price comparisons:

1981 - Gasoline was $1.00 & WDW Ticket was $9.50.

2011 - Gasoline is $3.50 & WDW is $85.00.

While gasoline has gone up 350%, a WDW ticket has gone up 894%

Scrooge McDuck is running WDW...not Mickey.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    Price comparisons:

1981 - Gasoline was $1.00 & WDW Ticket was $9.50.

2011 - Gasoline is $3.50 & WDW is $85.00.

While gasoline has gone up 350%, a WDW ticket has gone up 894%

Scrooge McDuck is running WDW...not Mickey.
    I bet the same camparison could be used for price increases for going to professional Baseball or Football game. Don't have the exact numbers in front of me but I'm pretty sure a family of four could go to Baseball game for under $40. Where in todays world it would cost around $200.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I bet the same camparison could be used for price increases for going to professional Baseball or Football game. Don't have the exact numbers in front of me but I'm pretty sure a family of four could go to Baseball game for under $40. Where in todays world it would cost around $200.
    You are exactly right...the same comparison CAN be made & once again WDW inflation is much more.

In 1981, the Avg MLB Ticket was $4.00 and now it is $27.00 for a 675% increase. The WDW inflation of 894% during the same period is far greater (over 200%).

Post Thanks / Like

Magicman...I appreciate your comparison of prices, but you also have to take into account that in 1981 there was one park (until October,) where there are now four...Wages have gone up...Utilities have gone WAY up...Comparisons such as yours are 'apples and oranges' in reality...

Compare to similar theme parks (US/IOA, etc.) and the numbers are pretty even...
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of see all sides personally, but I think I may be in a more [socioeconomic] category than many. While we are a 2 income household we only clear together about $28K a year.

Now my DH hates Disney and won't go at all, so it's myself and my 2 sons [ages 3 and 4 so I have to pay for both of them, though a "reduced" rate.]

With each increase it does put a wedge in who goes/how often. Thankfully as a Florida resident we do have the pay monthly plan and that helps. But for us paying for 3 seasonal passes [the cheapest all park pass] is about $60 a month and that may not be a lot to many but it is to us, so it causes us to rethink again. Now we can/could get the EPCOT after 4 pass at $15 a month for all three of us and that is a better deal. But of course we only get that one park.

I do think the value for what we get is good though! There is so much to do and it never gets old!

Just weighing a lot of pros and cons here for us. Not that it matters so much to anyone else
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    You are exactly right...the same comparison CAN be made & once again WDW inflation is much more.

In 1981, the Avg MLB Ticket was $4.00 and now it is $27.00 for a 675% increase. The WDW inflation of 894% during the same period is far greater (over 200%).
    The last point I will make is that you are only comparing a single day ticket. Consider this a 10 day base ticket costs roughly $30 a day. Which would lower the increase percentage to about 315% increase per daily ticket. So in that case the inflation is actualy less than the baseball example.

For my self I purchased a DVC annual pass and over two trips I'll be spending roughly $18 dollars a day (we take long trips) which would put the increase around 189%

Anyway my point is there is many different ways to look at this. I do think it stinks that prices keep going up but so is life...of all the things we purchase in life the only thing I can think of that actualy goes down in cost is electronics.
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing that bothers me the most about the price inflation is the saying 'more bang for your buck'. If they were adding and updating LOTS of areas in the parks then I could see the justification for the increase as often as it is happening. However, with just the main expansion in Fantasyland going on there isn't much 'bang' going on at the time to completely justify it for me. It won't keep me from going back to WDW in a couple more years after my next kid is born, but still. I'd like to see the profit be put back into the parks and give them some of the shine that is sorely needed and missed.
    Disney nut since 81 and DVC member since 05

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: