Quantcast Best Building at Port Orleans

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Building at Port Orleans

Can you offer some insight? We are trying to decide which building is best... What are the pros and cons of Aligator Bayou vs. Magnolia Bend? Thanks for ANY thoughts!!
    DAWS = Drink Around The World Showcase
    INTERCOT members get a discount
    Drink Around The World Showcase

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, the differences are minimal, with decor and proximity to the main building being the most significant.

As far as I can tell, there is not much difference in the room layout, however rooms in AB have a more "rustic" or what I'd call "woodsy" decor than the more generic decor of the Mansions. On the exterior the Mansions are a lot more grand looking and are three stories, compared to the two story rustic buildings of AB.

As for proximity, three of the four Mansions are fairly close to the main building, the pool, and laundry facilities. Not sure if AB has their own laundry? AB has some buildings close to the main (14,18,27) but the majority are set a little further away.

Last year, we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, one of the Mansions, and liked it, but next time I'd request AB, because I thought the interior was a lot more charming.

Hope that info helps.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in AB - building 38 (I think) - it was a VERY short walk to one of the bus stops, which was great! The walk to the food court and pool was longer, but not horrible. Loved AB, it was rustic and just felt cozy.

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed in the Bayou in building 28 last summer and loved it. quiet pool about 18 steps away, bus stop not far from that and not far from the main lobby...
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Buildings 14 and 18 are the best in AB...14 is close to the main building and a short walk to the south depot...18 is the building at the quiet pool and it is also a short walk to the bus...
    Amy
    80 Camping șoș
    89 Offsite șoș
    05 ASM șoș
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks ago we stayed in Acadian House. It was a short walk across Old Man Island to the restaurants. There was a quiet pool and laundry very close. The north bus station was also very close.
    September 2002 - Coronado Springs
    June 9-17, 2005 - All-Star Movies
    June 11-18, 2009 - Pop Century
    May 19-22, 2011 - POR
    May 22-26, 2011 - Disney Dream - our first Disney cruise
    June 11-18, 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

14 in alligator Bayou. You get a trundle and it is right near the food court and bus.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

When you're actually at Disney World, please make sure you know you're staying at Port Orleans Riverside. There is also Port Orleans French Quarter, its sister resort.

The reason I tell you this is because of something that happened when I was staying at POFQ. I was outside Magic Kingdom after the park closed for the night, and there were long lines for all of the buses (to all of the resorts). I was in the POFQ bus queue. A lady walked by and asked if I was in line for the "Port Orleans" bus. I asked her if she was staying at Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter. She said she wasn't staying at either of those, she was staing at "just the regular Port Orleans."

Well, when I told her it was one or the other and there is no "regular Port Orleans," she got annoyed at me and moved on. But there was a 50% chance she was gonna get on the wrong bus, if she ever got on a bus at all.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, to take the bus to the wrong one of those 2, but if you're tired after a long day at the parks, you'd be much happier not to add a 10-15 minute walk at the end when you realize you're in the wrong place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    In my opinion, the differences are minimal, with decor and proximity to the main building being the most significant.

As far as I can tell, there is not much difference in the room layout, however rooms in AB have a more "rustic" or what I'd call "woodsy" decor than the more generic decor of the Mansions. On the exterior the Mansions are a lot more grand looking and are three stories, compared to the two story rustic buildings of AB.

As for proximity, three of the four Mansions are fairly close to the main building, the pool, and laundry facilities. Not sure if AB has their own laundry? AB has some buildings close to the main (14,18,27) but the majority are set a little further away.

Last year, we stayed in Magnolia Terrace, one of the Mansions, and liked it, but next time I'd request AB, because I thought the interior was a lot more charming.

Hope that info helps.
    Just wanted to add that there are laundry facilities at each of the quiet pools.
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We also like building 14! Right next to the food court and pool and its quiet.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: