Quantcast A Hop, NO Skip, and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream Days 3 and 4 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to find your way. It's very odd that someone would think they could remove items from someone else's tray though I'm not sure I would have wanted it back after someone else grabbed it!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Glad you were able to find your way. It's very odd that someone would think they could remove items from someone else's tray though I'm not sure I would have wanted it back after someone else grabbed it!
    You know, I thought that too after the fact...but I guess I had this thought in my mind.."how dare she" and took it back with out thinking far out ahead. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Now for some fun with the tube.

While Claire was doing tube tricks, I also would randomly shot things I could see. I went in about knee deep. The water in this area was pretty shallow far out. I also found out that this areas sand was not the nice stuff. It was more gravelly. (I’m sure that’s not a real word, but it is now) I kept getting little stones inside my water shoes, but I am so glad I wore them, as I think it would’ve hurt my feet. I heard a few others complain about it as well.

You can see the Cabana’s area over there.

I had to continually keep taking my shoes off to empty the stones out of them. This part of beach and water was not as pleasant at all on the feet.

And more of the Cabanas.

As soon as I took that picture, I noticed Claire’s mouth was near the tube and quickly told her to get it away! LOL!

And this is my last picture I have for Castaway Cay. Everything else is on the lost card.

I do have one short video. I totally hate my voice in this. I sound all nasally. And I have such a goofy laugh.

After the fun in the water, Claire and I went to Spring a Leak water play area. Claire loved this and played for quite some time. She squealed and ran, and played with many other children. After awhile I told her we had to go, but that stinker kept ignoring me. She just would look at me and give me the devil grin. Finally I acted like I was walking out and leaving her, and she joined me.

We headed to Pelican Plunge next. I was NOT about to swim out there and go down the slides, but I told Claire she could and I would wait on the beach. So we went through the Queue, got her lifejacket on and out she swam. The lines were pretty long for this. I was waiting with a few other parents and we would chit chat here and there. Claire made it to the top and made the plunge down! Then swam back to me…..”I want to try the other slide”. Um, I was hot and it was a long wait, but I said OK, one last slide and then we were heading back. So she went back out and did the same slide again. I’m not sure why, as she wanted to do the other, and I really never got an explanation on why she changed her mind.
    By the time she got back from her second plunge, I felt like I was thoroughly baked. We had been applying sunscreen all afternoon, but I think we both still were a little crispy.
    We had one towel with us, but it was pretty wet, so we went back to our chair to get a dry one, dropping the wet towel off in the bin on the way….and they were gone! The tube was still at the chair, but our dang towel was gone. I was not real happy about that. It was getting later in the day, but many people were still swimming in the area, so I’m not sure why they started the clean up already.
    We just air dried then, we had no choice. We returned the tube and headed for the trolley, which was packed! We took a not so relaxing ride back to the ship. Not so relaxing because the row we were in had what looked like a seat facing us, but it wasn’t. I don’t know what it was, but it had marked on it clearly that it was not for passengers and not to put stuff on it…but a whole family sat on it anyways. And there was no leg room for any of us and the one kid actually stood on the ledge thing on way back.
    Claire knew it wasn’t for passengers because we had talked about it before, and she kept asking why they were sitting there. I said I don’t know…and they had to have heard us. But I also wondered why no CM’s had said anything before taking off too.

Anyway…We got back to the ship and headed back to our room to freshen up and Mom was there too. She said her Glass Bottom boat tour was wonderful and she was so glad she went. She also said the CM had told them that today had been the 1st real nice day at CC since the Dream had started sailing there, and many of the CM’s were enjoying it just as much as the guests.

Post Thanks / Like

We got showered and ready for the nights show. We also did our packing as it was our last night. I went to start a load of laundry. We wanted some things to wear again later in the trip. I found the machines very confusing. They are small front loaders. I don’t have a front loader myself, so it took me a bit to figure out what to do. I swiped my card for payment ($2) and it did nothing, so I swiped again and that time I was able to get it to work. I later found out I was charged for both swipes, but I never had it adjusted. I didn’t want to wait in line for $2.

I think at this time, Claire and Mom also finished up the 2nd Detective Agency Mission. Something that Claire was NOT going to forget about.
    Claire and I went up on deck to get a drink. At first I was just going to get a lemonade, but then I decided to go for it and get a Frozen Mango Margarita. It was really good, so I ordered one for Mom as well. We also decided to get a virgin Raspberry/Strawberry daiquiri for Claire. We got them all in souvenir cups. I think with an extra tip added (the guy was really helpful and nice) the bill came to almost $40 for 3 drinks!!!
    Claire and I took the drinks back to the room and sipped on them while finishing up packing and getting ready for the show.
    I also moved the laundry to the dryer at some point and time, and Mom had checked it once and added another cycle as one didn’t quite dry them fully. She said she had the same problem and had to swipe twice as well.
    Here is another reason I didn’t care for our room steward. We had been left 1 customs form, but we needed 2 since we were two different families, so at some point and time we had to go down and get another one, which actually turned into 2 times because I misplaced the one Mom went and got…only to find it later on. LOL!
    Before we knew it, it was time to go to the show.

We again sat in the Balcony, in the same area we had for the two previous shows. Tonight’s show was called Believe.

It was a nice show, but again, I still liked Golden Mickeys better.

The guy who played Genie also was the same guy who had played Hades the night before. He was pretty funny again in this role.

As you can imagine, the Mary Poppins portion was one of my favorites!

This picture is awful, but it was so cool how the chimney sweeps came out of the chimney.

Post Thanks / Like

The Princess and the Frog segment was really good as well.

Post Thanks / Like

On to the Finale!

We were sad that this was our last show of the trip. We had really enjoyed seeing them, and Disney puts on such great productions and the costumes are just amazing.
    We headed back to our room again. We had to be sure every last thing was packed and we had what we needed till tomorrow morning and then set the suitcases outside our door.
    We took a different route back to the room. One area that I don’t believe I had been through as of yet.

Did you know that there is not enough life “boats” for everyone? They also have life “Rafts”. I learned this on a past cruise. I guess they can’t carry enough big sized life boats, so they have the rafts too…I don’t know all the “real, technical” info on why though.

We went to walk in a side door and came across this cute area. I mentioned that I never had seen it before, and Mom told us that she has sat there the day before and read her book for awhile. I took a couple of pictures, the first wasn’t so great,… but at least Claire’s eyes are open. I would really like the 2nd one IF Claire’s eyes were open!

When we got back to the room I found something that really made me NOT like our Cabin steward.
    For those who don’t know, as you walk in your room there is a little slot on the wall. You put your KTTW in it and it will then activate the use of the lights and all electronic ports. This is a pain, as you need you KTTW card every time you leave the room. I had learned on Dis that you could use any type of magnetic stripped card in the slot. That way, if you have something charging, or whatever, you can keep it going when you leave the room. So the 1st day I had put a Gift card in the slot and we left it there. The 2nd day I had used some of my gift cards towards my onboard account, so I switched it out to a used card. Thank goodness I did that.
    When we came back to the room that evening, my gift card was gone. Mom said a few times she had come back to the room to find it had been lifted so it wasn’t activating anything, but never moved. We did a quick look around the room and it was just NOT anywhere. Now it was used, so I didn’t worry about, but it did IRK me. He didn’t know if it was used or not. I don’t know if he had to use his own card in the slot and removed ours and forgot to put it back, or if he just plain out stole it. I kept meaning to report it, but I never did have the time. And though it did make me mad, it wasn’t like I was thinking about it at all times either. We had so much going on that I soon forgot about it, actually. But it left a bad taste in my mouth…if you know what I mean?

I decided to do a quick run up to the top decks. I wanted to get a picture of Donald’s rear end…and I hadn’t done it yet, so I thought I should before I forgot to.
    Here is a Deck 7 directory.

And there he is in all his glory! LOL!

Our last sunset at sea.

And a walk through Cabanas to get back to my room.

Not long after I got back to the room we got a knock. I opened the door and was handed back our pillowcase and tote bag that I had dropped off the 1st day for signatures. I had totally forgotten about them. They turned out FANTASTIC!

Post Thanks / Like

It was getting close to dinner time so we headed that way. We also set our bags outside the door before we left. We debated on doing it after dinner, but just in case we ran late, we decided to do it then.
    We saw the many people were lined up for pictures this night. I thought we could stop after dinner, but when we were done everything was already packed up. I guess they pack up early since it’s the last night and they need to get all the pictures out for people to buy.

Dinner was Animators Palate.

The décor was just so cute!

These bulletin boards turned into video screens after a bit.

I took some video here and there, hoping to catch if Crush talked to us. That early video is on the lost card…..but the good news is, that during this dinner I changed cards so I have some video from later on in the meal. We also never were talked to by crush, which disappointed Claire. She did love this “show” and was mesmerized.

I see a hidden Mickey!

We discussed the kids club again and Claire decided she would give it a try, but once Crush had appeared that totally went out the door.

My specialty drink……Princess delight. It was non-alcoholic and tasted wonderful!

And soon our appetizers arrived.

And they were delicious!

Post Thanks / Like

Claire’s main meal came at the same time that our soups came.

Every so often a Nemo character would float by on the screen. And Crush would come by every so often as well.

Soon the main course arrived.

Mom and I both got the same thing.

Claire’s ice cream arrived soon after.

Dessert was a hard choice, as usual. It all looked so good.

This Sundae was amazing! It had those wonderful chocolate chip cookies in it. I could go for one about right now!

The show continued. Srdjan and Brent also told us not to leave till it was over, so we stayed in place.

While waiting for the fun to start, I took a few more pictures.

Soon a fun show started up with Crush. He wanted to call attention to everyone who was celebrating something. I had TOTALLY forgotten that when I had called to request a 4 top table that they had asked if we were celebrating. I had told her we were kind of celebrating Claire’s birthday belated, since we had to postpone the trip and that it was also my birthday gift, and that Skip was celebrating his 50th in May. I never thought to change it over to Mom when I changed the reservation…her b-day is in May as well.
    Soon Srdjan and Brent came out with birthday buttons for Claire and I and a yummy mousse type cake. I took a picture of the cake and accidentally deleted it later on…another mishap.
    But if you watch the video you can see it on the table.
    Crush led us in some sort of chant. I honestly didn’t pay attention too much. Claire liked it, and I was surprised that Mom was really getting into it too.
    I videoed more than what I am posting, but it was on the other card and I switched in the middle of the chanting.

After all the excitement we headed out. Many people still lingered in there, but we like to keep moving.

Here is a copy of the kids menu.

These little light up Dalmatians are on the floor of the restaurant.

We headed down to the Atrium. (bad picture here)

The Atrium was pretty much empty at this point in time so I tried to get some shots of Claire on the stairs….of course none turned out great…most had a slight blur to them.

Post Thanks / Like

We started to make our way back to the room again, stopping off for another picture.
    I told her to lay down here and pose…and this is what I got.

I told her to sit up and let’s try it again.

I tried a couple more, but they just weren’t turning out with the lighting and I was rushed a bit too. All of a sudden several people decided to walk down this hallway.

We got back to the room to find another towel friend. See Claire’s hand in action…she is going for the chocolate and I am telling her to wait.

We also found that our Cabin Steward had NOT brought down the bunk bed this evening. Why I don’t know. I am guessing he didn’t want to put it back up the next day when he had to prepare the room for the next set of guests. I asked Claire if she minded sleeping with me, if not I would call to have it pulled down. She was OK with being in my bed, so we didn’t bother calling.

Now I can’t remember the exact order of what we did the rest of the evening, but I know I left the room a couple of times. One time Mom and Claire went off to do some last minute shopping. I know I went and got a copy of our room charges and one for Mom as well. I wanted to be sure most was covered and not much put on my credit card.
    I also took these pictures somewhere along the line.

Claire came back from shopping with Adda and had gotten a little prize. She’s a good con artist. She got one a Minnie figurine set with the little plastic dresses…kind of like Polly pockets. The thing is, she has this same set already at home. We got it last trip. But she told me that some of the pieces were missing and if you left Minnie naked, she looked like Mickey, so now she would have Mickey and Minnie. That girl is always thinking. There was also something else Claire wanted, but Adda was NOT buying it for her. She said she would use her own money if I took her, so we headed out again.
    I also forgot that Mom had bought Claire a watch the 1st night of the trip. Claire loved it and wore it off and on, but I can’t even tell you where it is now, but she probably knows.

We stopped at Shutters first, since I wanted to get some prints. Mom had a few picked out, and I had my eye on a few. Even though I had bought the CD, the borders do not come on them, so to get anything with a border, you have to buy a print. BUT, since I did buy a CD, the prints were 50% off.

I ended up getting 6 prints. Mom and I each got 3.

Here is what Mom got.

And these are the ones I got.

At the gift shops Claire led me to what she wanted to purchase. It was actually something I had looked at the 1st night while she was at the kids club. It’s a stuffed ship with stuffed characters sitting on top. Very cute. It had Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. It was also $40! Claire said she wanted it though and was willing to pay for it out of her spending money, so we got it. But this thing was bulky and big.
    This is a picture of it that I had taken when we got home.

She was very excited to get this and became a very prized possession to her.

We got Claire settled into bed then. It didn’t take long for her to go out completely. I made on last trip out, and not sure what it was for, but I found chocolate covered strawberries on the way back. I grabbed 6 and brought them to the room. Claire was out, Mom didn’t want any at that time, so I dove in. The 1st one was YUCK. I was full and really didn’t need more food, but who could resist strawberries with chocolate. But I guess I could, because that strawberry was mushy. I think I took a bite of another and again, not good and I just ate the chocolate and threw it away. The rest went in our mini fridge. I did try one more in the morning and again, YUCK, so the rest went in the trash after that.

I set the alarm on my phone so I would be up in time to get ready for the next big day and went to sleep very fast. I think I had given up writing in the journal at that point and time.

And that ends Day 4 of our trip. Another long, but fun day. I was sad we would be leaving the beautiful ship the next day, but we still had 3 more full days of fun in store for us as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing
    Brian

December 9 -December 18, 2015 POR
    Sept 24 - Oct 4, 2009, POFQ
    September, 2008 - CBR
    April, 1988-offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brian2000boston View Post
    thanks for sharing
    Thanks for reading

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by January-2007 View Post
    Thank you for reporting.
    Thanks again for reading along!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: