Quantcast How do you feel about an adults only designates building in one of the resorts? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Disneyaholic.. I too work with kids and enjoy adult only pools. I do find at the moderates, the quiet pools are great for this. Even at WL, the villas pool never had any kids in it and we used it quit a bit.

I find the resorts with the outside entrances to usually have some noise from kids and adults alike. It really is the luck of the draw and I've always been pretty lucky till the last time we were at POR. We ended up with a family right beside us that thought it would be ok to let their little kids run up and down in front of our doors at 6AM. They also used the dead bolt to block their door from shutting. So every time the kids would run out.. bang, run in.. bang, bang, bang, bang. I think you get it. Between hearing that 2 mornings in a row and no working hot tub, I was convinced Wilderness Lodge was calling us.. which is where we moved to.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post

I find the resorts with the outside entrances to usually have some noise from kids and adults alike. It really is the luck of the draw and I've always been pretty lucky till the last time we were at POR. We ended up with a family right beside us that thought it would be ok to let their little kids run up and down in front of our doors at 6AM. They also used the dead bolt to block their door from shutting. So every time the kids would run out.. bang, run in.. bang, bang, bang, bang. I think you get it. Between hearing that 2 mornings in a row and no working hot tub, I was convinced Wilderness Lodge was calling us.. which is where we moved to.
    We've had kids running in the hallway and making noise early at WL also. WDW is a vacation spot where people take kids so that's to be expected. To expect kids to be quiet when they're totally excited about being at WDW is unreasonable. My kids are now grown but I do enjoy watching the excitement and awe of the young kids at WDW.
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that WL can be noisy too, which is why I stated that it really is the luck of the draw.

Excited kids are always expected and appreciated in WDW. No hot tub is a different story.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I agree that WL can be noisy too, which is why I stated that it really is the luck of the draw.

Excited kids are always expected and appreciated in WDW. No hot tub is a different story.
    Ditto on the hot tub!!!!!!!
    23 times since 1993 and still counting

Post Thanks / Like

While the "adults only" section sounds good in theory, there really are multiple factors involved in the problem and that proposed solution.
    As has been mentioned, oftentimes it is adults (and I use the term loosely) causing the problems. So if you create an adult area and you still have problems what do you do next? Create a non-drinking section? A section for people that have respect for their neighbors?
    As a company in business to make $$$ there is only so much Disney can do, they can't control society in general.

Much as we would all like our vacations to be perfect (however that is defined for us) the reality is that when you get large numbers of people on vacation things are going to be chaotic at times. Some children will be overly excited or just poorly disciplined. Some adults will become drunken boors.

Before our daughter was born, my wife and I used to go camping in some extremely out of the way and quiet parks in Canada.
    I don't have the same expectation of quiet at WDW.

Just my slightly more than 2 cents worth...
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

I have mixed feelings about this but I think I'd have to say this...

WDW is a family destination and whether that family includes only 2 adults, parents with kids (of any age), adults who act like kids, kids who act like adults.... whatever, it is a place for everyone. If you want an adult only vacation, Disney may not be for you.

Here's a hint tho: There is a certain pool at GF where adults love to sit in the blazing sun. Next trip maybe I'll give my teenage son 20 bucks to do a nice cannonball to ruffle some feathers.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

...May I also say

I have never ever in my Disney experience seen anyone beside an adult "reserve" tables and/or chairs in the shady area of the pool and then leave the resort for the entire day (yes the entire day) expecting to return to their still in place towels on their "reserved" table/chairs.

Children just don't act this way.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

I can sleep through World War 3, but I still wouldn't mind an adults only area. I loved Pleasure Island.
    If an adult is being disruptive, it is easy to ask them to be quieter. If a child is misbehaving and the parents don't step in, it is a bit trickier to get the situation resolved without the parents feeling like you are questioning their parenting ability.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow- there sure are a lot of differing opinions on this topic!

I like the idea that has come up a few times about having a "quiet area" in one or more of the resorts. After all, it is the noise and not the kids that we have a problem with (especially at 6am).

Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

Although personally I would love it and book there, Disney would never do it. Not because they want to be "family freindly," but because of money. Let's say a resort has 1000 rooms, 900 family and 100 adult. If 950 families want to book, and only 50 adults want to book, Disney would not want those last 50 rooms to be empty.
    This was my first thought as well. Assigning rooms is already difficult enough with all the special requests and preferences. Disney's goal is to fill as many rooms as possible. Setting aside an entire section that would not be available to families (probably their largest demographic) would not be smart business.

We've all been annoyed by loud guests children and adults alike. We bring our white noise machine from home and we sleep through it all. That is until our own kids wake up at the crack of dawn.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The original post said they had been awakened every day at 6 am. They should have gone to the front desk an asked to be moved. Some people don't consider anyone but thereselves some times. I haven't traveled with kid since 2008 but I also made sure they were quiet when it was early or late. Some people don't seem to have a clue! This doesn't mean every child at the world is like this.
    Next trip Oct. 2013 Yatch Club Resort club level

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to try the Dolphin/Swan. Although these hotels are not "Disney Themed" and have a bit of a Corporate feel with the convention halls, there are relatively few children staying here. Plus the hotels are on property, bus and boats to the parks available, and extra magic hours are offered!

Post Thanks / Like

i think it is a GREAT idea. i have a 2 year old and while he is usually behaved it is me who is the loud one always yelling at him to stop it or no.
    I think that Disney should consider an adult only ALL INCLUSIVE hotel like they have in the islands. they can include all beverages, meals at the hotel, and tickets to the parks. water sports would be extra just like at all inclusive ones. I don't think Disney would lose out on this. Hmm I wonder how much they would charge. I would def go to that one.

Nichole
    2000 - asmu (1st trip) AUG
    2001 - Off site OCT
    2002 - 2008 POP JAN YEARLY
    2009 - Saratoga Springs SEPT
    2010 - POP NOV 28 - DEC 3
    2011 - POP - OCT 10days
    2013 - POP Feb 23rd - Mar 2nd (originally booked AOA but my family doesn't like change I guess lol)

Post Thanks / Like

The idea of an adults-only building at a WDW resort is appealing to me, but it would be problematic for Disney to implement it, IMO.

If I was concerned or bothered with the noise level around my room, I would do as others have suggested and ask management to investigate it and/or move me to another room.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't that called Vegas? hahaha

My kids are now grown (and have to pay for their own trip if they want to go, yay!) and I enjoy seeing the little ones at WDW...however I also enjoy a little quiet time at night, so I always request a room around the lake at Pop Century..it's not the closest but generally it's quieter than pool facing and there are benches around the lake I just sit and hang at, enjoying the view, maybe reading a book..

Post Thanks / Like

What if Disney builds one adult party resort in the middle of Pleasure Island, with whatever clubs remain all around it. That ought to lower the 2am energy level in the other resorts nicely . . .

Seriously, I would think that resorts with the more elaborately themed amenities would draw more families, so maybe if folks are looking for a quieter resort, we can choose places that aren't known for pools that look like pyramids or shipwrecks, fishing holes, pirate themed bedrooms, and so forth. So I guess the question is, which resorts would those be?
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem with a "quiet building" option for people specifically requesting it, and all Disney would have to do is find one area of one resort that is least reserved to implement it. But I agree with others that it's not a guarantee of quiet. Plus the buildings are not exactly soundproofed. Normal or even subdued noise in your room might be bothersome to someone staying right next door because sound carries so much.

Your chances of avoiding noisy kids are much better if you're not staying at a value or moderate, where lots of families are trying to do Disney without breaking the bank. And IMHO, if you're at Disney, you should expect to hear guests starting their day between 6 and 7 a.m. to make it to the parks early. It's just the nature of the vacation.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. You know that going to WDW that you'll have to deal with children. I would have complained to the front desk about the noise at 6am.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: