Quantcast STAYING at POP - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STAYING at POP

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at Pop twice and we love it! Like some of the other posters said....it really depends on what you want out of your resort and it looks like you are wanting to save money this trip so I think Pop is a great choice!!

The food court is almost always busy, but they move the lines quick and the food is pretty good.

The rooms are a basic sized hotel room, 2 double beds and they are comfortable.
    The only noise we ever heard was if someone came back later to their room than we did...you could hear their door shut. It is a big, spread out resort (most WDW resorts are anyway!), however there are shortcuts (like cutting through the parking lot) if you just look at the map. It's fun to look at all the Huge Disney Deco!
    Bus service- they have their own bus, not like other resorts that pick up 2 or 3 resorts. I don't think we ever waited more than 20 minutes for a bus. At park closing time, it seems like the buses come at quicker intervals to get everybody back to the hotel.

We stayed at All Star Movies before, we really did like it, the only draw back to us was the buses because they picked up AS Music and AS Sports as well.
    So we tried Pop and loved it!!
    Hope you have a great trip!!!
    Magic is everywhere if you know where to look!

Visiting Disneyland since 1969 & Walt Disney World since 1994!

Disney Fan since birth!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It's not that I look down on the values at all. I don't. I've stayed at every one of them, except AS Sports, in the past.

My issues are more personal in nature. I have extremely sensitive hearing. I cannot sleep with ANY noise at all. My trip to Pop, I ended up with a terrible migraine, and all I wanted to do was get some good sleep. The noise in the room, outside the room, etc. just kept me up all night. I even had earplugs, and I could still hear all the noise. With a migraine, noise aggravates it more, and I felt tortured trying to sleep at Pop. I've had migraines at other resorts, and many Disney ones, and Pop was the only one that was so loud I could literally not sleep. Plus the bed was SO hard and bouncy...extremely difficult to get comfortable on.

The rest of my stay, everything just rubbed me the wrong way. The noise in Everything Pop was deafening to me. Almost made my migraine come back. It was SO hot and sunny, and having to stand in bus lines outside with no cover was killing me. Then, I just had HORRIBLE bus service for 4 days there. By the end of the stay, I was wishing I had spent the extra money to be at the nice, dark, quiet Wilderness Lodge.

That horrible long weekend really soured me on the Values altogether. I realized that I want more out of my vacations. I need relaxation and comfort, and the Values lack both, in my opinion.
    i understand your medical condition & your need for quiet to sleep.one bad situation can make everything miserable and POP is definitely not for you.my brothers suffers from migraines and at some family gatherings he has to leave because of the noise.hope everything gets better for you.

Post Thanks / Like

We've been staying at Pop since it opened & we love it! We really enjoy the fun atmosphere & we prefer to spend our money on all of the other things WDW has to offer rather than for a bed to sleep in and the pool we enjoy a couple of hours everyday.

For us PC meets our needs, but some people want or expect more and are disappointed after staying mod or deluxe. You would definitely have to have the right mindset not to compare to those more expensive resorts. We've truly never experienced any problems with noise, and the only time I found PC to feel crowded was Memorial Day weekend a few years ago. PC is a big resort, but I don't think it's hard to navigate & I've never gotten lost. For the money I think Pop is excellent, and can't wait to be back in our WDW "home" in 5 weeks!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

I will definately take the walk across the bridge. I hope the turtles are there to see.

I ,however hope that the bedbugs I am reading about are not! I goggled bed bugs at disney and POP came up over and over again. I am still going but I am going to check like crazy. I do not want to be a meal for icky little parasites! I heard to bring something sticky so that when you see the bugs you can stick them to it and bring the proof with you to the front desk.
    Is that going too far???
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    I heard to bring something sticky so that when you see the bugs you can stick them to it and bring the proof with you to the front desk.
    Is that going too far???
    No, it's not going too far. The front desk a quick walk from even the farthest building.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Pop is very popular here. I'm sure you'll have a good time. I might try it next year, but I prefer the theming of the ASMu better.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

we have stayed at pop multiple times and everytime its been a good experience. Its not the Beach Club which we love, but its still a Disney Resort, with Disney CMs and not an outside resort with bad buses and the commuting hassle of I-4 or Osceola Parkway.
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

We love POP. Stayed there for the first time in 2008 and went back in 2010 and if we can't try out the Art of Animation resort in 2012 we'll be going back to POP. We love the food court and the pools. The bus system has always been great too. The only other Disney resort we've stayed at is CBR and that was in 2000. We didn't like CBR at all. If CBR was offered to me at POP prices I'd still select POP any day. I think you'll like it.
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I like Pop for many reasons - theming, location, price, layout. However, BrerGnat mentioned the noise and even in the off-season the food court area gets pretty loud and crowded. Other than that, I never really found it too crowded-feeling or very noisy in the rooms. But, like I said this was the off-season (September and October)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: