Quantcast Quick service for chicken?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick service for chicken?

Any list of quick service counters where we can get fried chicken. Burgers and dogs can get old. :-)

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you can get big piece of fried chicken, but most CS Places have nuggets or tenders. Places like Cosmic Rays and Flame Tree BBQ have rotisserie or barbequed chicken.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

I believe the Tune In Lounge at Disney Studios serves fried chicken. However, I believe this location is also considered a table service rather than a quick service.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Columbia Harbor House at MK has chicken strips, fish sticks and such. It's usually less chaotic than other QS options.

If location isn't an issue, the Earl of Sandwich at DTD has a great selection of hearty sandwichs (again, not fried chicken, but not burgers and dogs either).

Post Thanks / Like

Flame tree BBQ in animal kingdom does NOT disappoint! The ribs are AMAZING and so is the chicken. A must do from now on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLovesDisney View Post
    Flame tree BBQ in animal kingdom does NOT disappoint! The ribs are AMAZING and so is the chicken. A must do from now on!
    Ahhh now thats what I'm lookin for. And I'll have to check out Cosmic Rays as well.
    Going on the regular dining plan but the wife wants to use up the TS on a lunch at the Castle and dinner at Narcoosees and the Yachtsman. That leaves CS to cover the rest of the meals. With some coming out of the pocket!

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL

Post Thanks / Like

There are many, many places to get QS thats not burgers or hot dogs. In MK try Cosmic Rays or Columbia Harbour House. In Epcot try Sunshine Season's or any of the World Showcase QS locations for an almost endless variety of non burgers and hot dogs. In AK we enjoy the Yak and Yeti counter service location as well as Flame Tree. There are also a few resorts that offer nice alternatives for their QS meals. Some of the resorts that come to mind are Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Pepper Market at Coronado, and Port Orleans French Quarter (has a great shrimp poboy). And DTD has Wolf Gang Puck Express (best QS options on property in my opinion), Earl of Sandwich, and if your really looking for good old fried chicken, Fresh A Peel in DTD has great fried chicken. Just check out the menus in info central to get an idea of what is offered at the QS locations I mentioned in this post. Happy Eating!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. There are some good varieties listed in the menus, but I have to wonder when was the last time they updated the prices in those menu listings. $1.79 for fries?? Not recently.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL

Post Thanks / Like

You are right some of the menus haven't been updated in a while, but the places I listed all have lots of items other than burgers and fries. And if your on the dining plan then the prices don't really matter, right?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few places that have fried chicken SANDWICHES. There's the Golden Oak Outpost in Fronteirland (MK); The Refreshment Port in Epcot (right before you reach the Canada Pavilion), and a couple others (Maybe Cosmic Ray's?).

The only place where you will be able to find bone in fried chicken at a CS place is Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Burgers and dogs can get old.
    Last time we were at WDW, I purposely tried to avoid any "standard" fast food fare. That meant no burgers, hot dogs, chicken strips or pizza for 10 days. I had no problems at all finding something tasty and different. (Although I must confess, I had a Casey's hot dog on the last day. But that was because I WANTED one, not because I didn't have a choice.)
    BandMan

"We are not trying to entertain the critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

There are so many options that aren't just burgers or dogs, or chicken. I'm always surprised when people think QS means being limited to burgers and dogs at Disney World. Go to Dining: Menus at Info Central and look through some of the options. You will find far more than burgers and dogs. World Showcase is my favorite place for QS meals, because of all the options, but even in the MK, there are options.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

As a vegetarian, I can't reccomend any chicken joints. I can, however, verify that there is far more than burgers and dogs available all over WDW. Otherwise, i would starve!

Buzznwoodysmom made some great suggestions. I would also second Sunshine Seasons. They have such a large selection, and such great food, I usually end up eating there a few times during each trip.
    AKA Courtney

"To all that come to this happy place: welcome...Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future.."

Most Recent Trips:
    September 2007 - Pop Century
    September 2011 - Pop Century
    January 2012 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The only place where you will be able to find bone in fried chicken at a CS place is Pollo Campero in Downtown Disney.
    Natalie is right. Its Pollo Campero that serves the fried chicken in DTD, not Fresh A-Peel. This is an odd little place. There's Pollo Campero, which serves fried chicken, Fresh A-Peel, which serves other stuff (didn't really look at all that was offered), as well as a cupcake "corner" all in the same building. It was like one big CS location. Not sure why the need for all the different names. I even think all three places use the same check out counters. But maybe I missed something. It was a bit hectic when we ate here so I may not have noticed everything. Good fried chicken though, if that's what your looking for. We went in with the intentions of eating healthy. Fresh A-Peel sounded nice and healthy. Then we get in and of course we wanted fried chicken and cupcakes! Nothing healthy about that meal, but it was very good.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Fairfax Fare in DHS still has the BBQ half chicken.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

the puck cafe has lots of different options in their quick service. including rotisserie chicken.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom -
    • Pecos Bills - Chic Strips, Grilled Chic Salad
    • Cosmic Rays - whole or half rotissrie Chicken, fried chic strips, grilled chic sandwich.
    • Columbia Harbour House - Chic breast nuggets & fish, Salad w/chicken, Tuna Sandwich & Clam Chowder
    • Main Street Bakery - Gourmet Sandwiches
    • AND LETS NOT FORGET THE TURKEY LEG WAGON!

Dog Free Except For Pluto & Goofy!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: