Quantcast Buzz's showing signs of needed rehab - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

For once, I'm going to disagree with Mel that the DL version of Buzz is better. I really didn't care for it at all and found it much harder to work the guns than in WDW.

I'll also say that I haven't experienced any significant issues with the guns not working on the WDW version, although the overall state of the attraction is pretty sad. It's so beat up looking that it actually annoys me every time I ride it.

Really, Disney ... is it too much to ask for a bit of paint??? The cars always have huge chipped spots on them, the queue walls have peeling decals ... it's not at all up to Disney quality.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were there last October and our guns and cars worked fine. I did think the queue looked very shabby, but didn't notice anything bad on the ride.
    1994- Offsite
    1995- ASMusic
    1999- Contemporary
    2000- ASMovies
    2005- Pop Century
    2006- POR & AKL
    2010- Pop Century
    Dec 2011- Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    For once, I'm going to disagree with Mel that the DL version of Buzz is better. I really didn't care for it at all and found it much harder to work the guns than in WDW.
    To each his own. Even my kids agree with me. Seriously, they don't ever want to do it at WDW unless there is a 5 minute wait.

Removing the guns make hitting the targets so much easier, plus posing for the on-ride pic is so much more fun! hehe And I find having the different target shapes makes the ride much more fun and challenging.

Oh, and I just assumed (maybe wrongly?) that Disney kinda agreed that Astro Blasters was an improvement on Space Ranger Spin since they went with Astro Blasters in Tokyo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    They should refurb like Disneyland - Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. Removeable guns and different targets (triangles, squares, etc., not just circles). Besides the needed paint and gun refurb, the ride itself should really be upgraded. We skip it all the time.
    Agreed. the guns being removeable adds another level of fun to the ride. Its so frustrating when the car isnt turned enough and you miss a target
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I can never tell what I'm firing at. I think TSM is so much better but we never get to ride it more than once.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure its hard to keep every car and gun working perfectly all the time, especially during the busier times. I wonder if it is a low priority on the repair list, or just an attraction that breaks easily. I hope it gets fixed so that all can enjoy!
    Many visits as child.
    2005 WL, AK
    2006 POLY, CR
    2007 WL
    2008 POFQ
    2009 CSR
    2010 POFQ

*October 2011 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I do agree about the removable guns. They had those at Disneyland Paris and I found them far easier to aim. I also believe that the targets flashed a light when you hit them, which was really cool and made the game more immersive.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artyboy View Post
    I do agree about the removable guns. They had those at Disneyland Paris and I found them far easier to aim. I also believe that the targets flashed a light when you hit them, which was really cool and made the game more immersive.
    Yes! Do WDW targets not flash when you hit them? If not, that's definitely another advantage to DLR, DLP and TDL.

Post Thanks / Like

Last October we had 3 covered cars behind us and 4 in front of us. My gun did not work past 150 points total for the entire ride. While my wife was doing really well.

So we rode again, this time she got a bad gun and the car would not turn.

After that we did not ride for the rest of the 2 week trip. And to be honest MIB in Universal was way worse. Power went down and we were stuck for 35 minutes just outside of loading. The guns did not work, and the other car was way ahead of us, so some effects did not work. Then our car had to be pushed into unloading.

I think with anything Toy Story related being very popular right now, Buzz would have been brought up to at least moderatley good condition.
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

ºoº It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Yes! Do WDW targets not flash when you hit them? If not, that's definitely another advantage to DLR, DLP and TDL.
    Nope...some may have a light effect, but at DLP all of them flashes I believe.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not".

Dr. Seuss - The Lorax

Post Thanks / Like

Question Any news on Star Command?

We're heading down for our 7th trip this June and Buzz is always one of the things we have to do multiple times. I have never seen it in bad condition and this isn't looking too promising! Has anyone heard any news about about Disney really refurbishing it? And if so, when? We usually go to MK twice a trip and Buzz has to be working!

Post Thanks / Like

Despite our bad experiences, I would not ever say to not do a ride or attraction. You may very well have better luck
    First trip August 1975

Honeymoon trip Sept-Oct 2010

ºoº It all started with a Mouse.

Your trip is what you want it to be and it will turn out just how you want it.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there in January and noticed that the guns were having issues, on one time through my teen age son only scored 10,000 pts and the next time through he was well into the 300,000s

The guns diffently need repair and adjustments, I believe this could be accomplished with just a simple switch out of refurbished guns, not a major refurbishment and shut down of the ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Just got back from 11 days in Disney and rode Buzz numerous times ... only once did I have a gun that had some trouble. The trigger was a bit stubborn and didn't work all that well. Other than that, though, I scored by typical 999,999 on most rides.

Now I will say that the ride itself is looking pretty shabby. Especially the queue where, inexplicably, they've replaced some of the queue area wall murals with blank purple walls?
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

So it's not just that I can't shoot? AWESOME!!!

I mean...boo. Rehab it.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if removable guns are a plus. My wife's and my competitive spirit will always keep this ride at the top of our list. On our last few trips we did notice a lot of vehicles covered and not working. No problems with the guns or targets though.
    Apr 87 - Offsite
    Mar 92 - Offsite
    Jul 99 - Offsite
    Aug 99 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    Jul 03 - ASMu
    Aug 05 - Pop Century
    May 07 - ASSp
    Aug 08 - Poly/ASMu
    Mar 09 - Pop
    Sept 10 - Pop
    Oct-Nov 11 - Pop
    Nov 13 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek