Quantcast Fun things to do counting down to your trip?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fun things to do counting down to your trip?

What are some fun things that you do with your family leading up to your trip, sort of like a countdown?
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When the kids were younger, they made a paper chain countdown clock. Each day, they took turns tearing off one of the loops of the chain.
    "Dream'nDisney"
    1989 HJ (Downtown Disney area)
    1991 CBR
    1997 CBR
    1998 CBR
    2000 POFQ
    2002 CSR & Poly
    2004 POR
    2006 AsM & BC
    2010 YC
    2011 YC
    2014 YC
    2016 YC

Post Thanks / Like

When the kids were young, did the calendar thing with disney stickers on each day before going to bed.

As they got older, I had a "chore" list that they could earn their spending money. This might have included packing suitcase, gathering all usual items, etc. Also was things like cleaning room. Somehow it is easier to do chores for spending money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream'nDisney View Post
    When the kids were younger, they made a paper chain countdown clock. Each day, they took turns tearing off one of the loops of the chain.
    That is a great idea!
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We got this years new Disney DVD and watch it often. I have the Unofficial Guide to WDW and am reading every chance I get, go on the WDW boards to read and learn new things, and I also got a box that we put things in to it that we want to take on our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We always had a countdown on the calendar for the last month.

I also involved my sons in preparation like designing envelopes for Mousekeeping and filling them with the tips, one for each day of our trip.

As they got older I had them make their own packing list too.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

We, too, have done the paper chain countdown. We printed out a large scale map of Disneyworld. Then, each link of the chain contained the name of a ride, show, or restaurant we would be doing while on our trip. My 2 kids very nicely alternated removing a link from the chain each day, and then taping the paper to the correct place on the map where the ride/show/restaurant was located.

Today, we are actually starting a new 50 day countdown for our upcoming trip. What I did this time, since my kids are a couple years older (13 and 8), is give them a little more trivia-like questions for them to figure out together. Some of the things are pictures of locations within the World, that they have to identify. On some days I ask them to scour maps of each park and find something new to try this trip. I also have some trivia-like questions, such as "Tell me one thing Madame Leota says" or "Who receives a page on the TTA?" or "What is the highest ranking you can receive on Buzz Lightyear?" Some of the days I will put a "hidden Mickey" in our house that they must find. Other days, we're going to try out recipes for some of our favorite Disney foods.

If anyone is interested in the things I threw together, just PM me and I will be happy to share!

Sometimes, I'm not sure if I do the countdowns for the kids or for myself!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This year I am sending out an e-mail with facts about Walt Disney World. This is the last week of it we are leaving Sat!!
    If you can dream it you can do it!!!

01,02,03,04,05 x3 (plus Disneyland),06,08,10,11,12

Been there done that going back!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: