Quantcast "Princess" and "Health" Suites Coming to WDW - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Now, honestly, the Royal rooms...totally lost me on that one. It seems like that demographic is WAY too narrow for a moderate resort. How many families with boys will be willing to stay in one of those rooms? I think a more gender neutral approach would have worked better...
    The pirate rooms are obviously popular. I guess you could argue that they are more gender neutral than a princess room, but not much. I think the princess rooms will be wildly in demand.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my....

My sister would be all over that yoga room, I love her, but she has GOT to spend more on everything, it's her mentality.

While I do ENJOY the finer things in life, and a nice suite is great, the reality is, we sleep in the room, THAT'S IT!! A comfy bed, air conditioning, and a clean bathroom will do!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot to be said for the "quiet space" concept, and appealing to the adults-only party that may have more discretionary income anyway. The health suite is for the people who come to play the golf courses, eat in the signature restaurants, and spend a day at EPCOT sampling wine. Maybe go to La Nouba. That demographic is only sort of served at Disney, and clearly it's one they've been hunting for quite some time.

I like the idea of a serene space at the end of a day of bright colors and loud noises, and some of us, Ian, consider yoga to BE a vacation!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerSchultzy View Post
    I have a hunch those health suites aren't designed for the typical WDW guest, but more for the business/convention/I-have-so-much-money-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-it guests. It makes staying in Disney World "trendy" for a certain set. And if the "Contemporary Resort" is to stick with its theme, they have to do stuff like this to keep up with trends in business travel.
    That makes a lot of sense. I'm sure those business/convention types will have no problem spending their money there. And for what it's worth, if I had the money, I would stay there!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    When I'm on vacation, I'd LOVE to feel as if I'm royalty and since only Ian got to experience the Castle suite ...
    Hey now ... it wasn't just me! There were 729 other folks that got selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    There was also a Haunted Mansion concept I thought would have been fun, maybe it's coming to another resort later. Although, other than PO I'm not sure where HM would fit.
    Well this is for Riverside ... maybe FQ gets the Haunted Mansion treatment? Or maybe these go into Alligator Bayou and the HM rooms come to (wait for it) the Mansions?

Honestly, I'd pay more for a HM room. It's my favorite attraction, so getting to sleep "there" would rock. It'd be really cool if they ported in elements from the ride, like making ghosts appear in your shaving mirror and having talking busts along the wall and wallpaper with eyes! Oh man, I'm geekin' out a little here ........
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hey now ... it wasn't just me! There were 729 other folks that got selected.
    Ok, point taken! You got me there. I actually meant since Ian was the only Intercotee who had the privilege to stay in the Castle suite... I'll admit it, I was (and still am) highly jealous but I thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

While I personally would like to stay in a Princess room, the health rooms don't really appeal to me. Just not my thing. Paying extra for a health room would make me feel too guilty about all the Mickey bars I eat!!

I do like the wood floor idea. I hate hotel room carpet
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of wonder why they didn't just pick another floor in the Contemporary tower to dedicate to these health rooms? Making them all suites just seems sort of odd, from a pricing standpoint. Many people would love a resort room like this, but only a tiny majority would spend the $$$ on a WDW suite.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Well this is for Riverside ... maybe FQ gets the Haunted Mansion treatment? Or maybe these go into Alligator Bayou and the HM rooms come to (wait for it) the Mansions?

Where are the princess rooms going? I would love to have the HM rooms in AB...It would be nice for the families of 5 to get a little something extra...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I'd pay more for a HM room. It's my favorite attraction, so getting to sleep "there" would rock. It'd be really cool if they ported in elements from the ride, like making ghosts appear in your shaving mirror and having talking busts along the wall and wallpaper with eyes! Oh man, I'm geekin' out a little here ........
    You are geekin' out, but I'm right there with you on this theme. I love the footprints on the ceiling!

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    Where are the princess rooms going? I would love to have the HM rooms in AB...It would be nice for the families of 5 to get a little something extra...
    It would make sense to me that the Princess rooms would be in the mansions.. but then as Ian said the mansions would work for a haunted mansion theme too.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh ... what a weirdo idea. I mean, I get the Princess suites and well I guess okay. The Pirate suites seem to have done well, so fine do Princess ones.

But yoga suites?? How weird ... I mean just a totally kooky idea, if you ask me. Seems like a real reach and one likely to fall flat.

Does Disney really attract the granola set?
    I do yoga.

I stink at it, but I still do yoga.

Don't really like granola, though...
    Officially too many trips to list here!

Post Thanks / Like

Dude - you can't "stink" at yoga -- yoga is fundamentally about being wherever you are right in this moment!

And Ian, I am so right there with you on HM themed rooms. Sign. Me. Up.
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

SInce POFQ just finished a rehab about a week ago, that's not gonna happen, but somewhere in Riverside, maybe....

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Have they already started the work on the mansion side? My thought is if they are starting on it and are announcing the princess rooms then they will go there... Maybe when they start on the AB section they will announce the HM rooms and put them there...(or that's my wish)
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

oooo
    aaaa
    thanks guys! looks awesome!!

It's time to remember the magic!

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree that they are reaching for different "guests". There are a lot of people who don't come to Disney World, because they are not so into rides and characters. So this may be great for them.

Not my cup of tea, as I take care of myself at home, but on vacation, all bets are off.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by big blue and hairy View Post
    SInce POFQ just finished a rehab about a week ago, that's not gonna happen, but somewhere in Riverside, maybe....

You can't go wrong with the information I'm about to tell you.

A telephone reservation CM told me last year that the HM rooms are coming to POR.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    I wonder if the AB section will get these? I still want to know if they will be taking the trundle beds out of those buildings since they are going to all queen beds...Also, have there been any prices released for the new Art of Animation resort?
    I would like to know as well
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Princess rooms look cool, and would be so excited about a HM room. Getting my fiance to agree might be difficult though...but sounds like a nice anniversary idea for next year
    Amanda

Next Visit:
    August 16-23, 2014: CBR

Virginia Tech
    HOKIES

Post Thanks / Like

The Princess room sure isn't my demographic, but I can definitely see the appeal. You can bet your bottom dollar that if I ever get endaughtered (new word copyright 2011, Dirty Bird Street Enterprises), I will not hesitate for a second to stay with my little princess in a princess suite of her very own. The preciousness quota is through the roof—and it's relatively affordable, so you can't beat that.

The health suites, however, are absolutely my demographic. I might pause to spend that much on a vacation at this exact moment, but if things get better economy-wise, I am sure Disney's version of... let's say holistic vacationing will be in a class all its own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: