Quantcast We want your input! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You'll have to re-friend me... I deleted a few recently that I didn't know who they were

Sorry! Was that your brother as well - both were from Towson.

Friend request denied? Ouch. Just kidding. When's the next podcast coming out? I'm going through withdrawal

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSparrow View Post
    When's the next podcast coming out? I'm going through withdrawal
    We recorded last night and John is under much pressure to get it out before the weekend. Ehem....MCP, get workin'. It's not like you've got anything going on in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could put a segment together where if you were asked to remove any attraction/ride from any park, what would it be and what would you replace it with?

Just a fun hypothetical topic to play with.

Post Thanks / Like

I know you already talked about it awhile ago, but maybe you could bring up any new, good phone apps for Disney.

Also, your favorite and/or the best hidden Mickeys at Disney World or resorts.
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you have talked about it before and I just missed it but perhaps you could discuss your favorite " commonly overlooked" attractions/shows. Examples, Flag retreat or the Barber shop or the hedgemaze in England.
    Why is it your favorite and why do you think most people overlook it.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still an episode behind, but I also like the idea of focusing a segment of certain shows on one resort, and going over details that people may not know. I think it would be a good way to help people learn more about resorts they've never stayed at. I believe I've stayed at 8 or 9 different resorts, so there are still quite a few I'm not familiar with myself.

I just got back from spending 3 weeks in China, mostly out in the countryside away from everything. Luckily I had a computer and the internet, so I could still enjoy the Intercot podcasts, and feel like I was at WDW. They are always entertaining, as well as informative.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGirl85 View Post
    Also, your favorite and/or the best hidden Mickeys at Disney World or resorts.
    Good one ... this will get added to our list!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSparrow View Post
    Maybe you could put a segment together where if you were asked to remove any attraction/ride from any park, what would it be and what would you replace it with?
    I like that one, and I think I already know what Ian's would be.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the banter between you all.

Melanie is so sweet, and she offers so much info, as she is able to bop on over to the parks any 'ole time (so jealous...in a good way).

Ian offers a lot of good information, and now he has a large family, so there is good perspective there. Travel in it self can be quite challenging, yet navigating theme parks.

John rocks! This is his dream coming to life!

What's not to love about Gary...
    Disney keeps evolving,so there is always plenty to discuss. I would stay away from politics, and hot issues, and go for the core Disney stuff. Horizons, Duffy, and Beer...it's ALL good!
    I've been hearing raves about this caramel place in Germany. My co-worker came back raving about it yesterday. Maybe you could do one entire segment on foods and snacks around the world. People really think it's just chicken nuggets and burgers...Seriously!
    Keep it up guys!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    I've been hearing raves about this caramel place in Germany. My co-worker came back raving about it yesterday. Maybe you could do one entire segment on foods and snacks around the world. People really think it's just chicken nuggets and burgers...Seriously!Julie
    I, personally, vote for an entire segment on the treats available (in extensive detail) at Karamel Kuche. But...I'm a bit psycho when it comes to caramel.

Seriously, though, the topic of "unique snacks" would be a good one. I am not a person who likes to eat big meals, and I'm always looking for small plates or snacks to munch on in the parks. Unique stuff, besides popcorn, mickey bars, and pretzels.

Just the other day, I read online about these new teriyaki chicken nuggets at the Friar's Nook in Fantasyland. They come a few to an order, along with some wasabi/horseradish peas (or maybe edamame?). This is the type of thing I'm after!

Melanie...go try these! Stat!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Just the other day, I read online about these new teriyaki chicken nuggets at the Friar's Nook in Fantasyland. They come a few to an order, along with some wasabi/horseradish peas (or maybe edamame?). This is the type of thing I'm after!

Melanie...go try these! Stat!
    Mmmm! Those sound goooood. Maybe I will on Sunday, if we make it over to MK.

I like the snack topic. That could be fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Horizons, Duffy, and Beer...it's ALL good!
    You'll get a chuckle out of this on the newest episode.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I like that one, and I think I already know what Ian's would be.
    I know what both of our's wouldn't be. Need a hint?

Not sure where I'd go with that ... there are really quite a few good candidates!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We recorded last night and John is under much pressure to get it out before the weekend. Ehem....MCP, get workin'. It's not like you've got anything going on in your life.
    Hey John-Do you think the next podcast will be out in time for me to listen to on my way to work Monday morning??
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

Hey John-Do you think the next podcast will be out in time for me to listen to on my way to work Monday morning??
    As per John's tweet this morning, he's working on editing today. Should definitely be up by then.

www.twitter.com/INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I think you guys should do a live show from the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot and all us Intercot members can come watch.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I just LOVE the podcast. I didn't really want to add yet another Disney podcast to my listening queue, but how could I not?!

The only suggestion/gripe I have is that the host (John, right?) needs more volume. I keep turning the volume up and down while I'm listening, because his volume is always so low.

I just finished listening to "The Big Reveal". Yes, I run way behind on my podcasts. Sorry about that. Totally love the idea of meeting y'all in October 2012. I plan to be there! I'm sure you'll announce the actual dates before this November, right? So I can make my DVC reservations.

Keep up the good work, and tell John to speak up!

Nora

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinky-Bell View Post
    The only suggestion/gripe I have is that the host (John, right?) needs more volume. I keep turning the volume up and down while I'm listening, because his volume is always so low.
    I wanted to say something about the volume awhile ago but didn't know how to word it without it coming out sounding rude. I think John, Ian and Gary all have the same volume but Melanie & Carol have a louder volume so I am always playing with the volume.
    Kelly

Next Trip Feb 2022 SOG

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to say something about the volume awhile ago but didn't know how to word it without it coming out sounding rude. I think John, Ian and Gary all have the same volume but Melanie & Carol have a louder volume so I am always playing with the volume.
    It's possible I'm just loud.

Post Thanks / Like

I think having a segment about tickets would be interesting. Not a segment debating value and such, but a segment where each of you discuss the type tickets you purchase and the reasoning behind them. Understanding why it works for you may help others see a path to savings or overall value they did not before.

For instance, I have found that a Premium Annual Pass works well for me. We typically go 2-3 times per year with at least one trip consisting of over 7 nights.

When I calculated what the cost of my ticket for 7 days would be along with the Passholder savings on lodging for 7 nights at a FW Cabin, and the 20% savings on purchases in most of the stores, the ability to go to the waterparks at anytime as well as DisneyQuest and the miniature golfing, it made sense for me.

In addition to the above, I travel through Orlando 4-6 times per year on business. Instead of paying the Hilton Garden Inn or Crowne Plaza $100 per night, I typically will stay on property at a value or moderate resort that is priced nearly the same with my AP rates. During the "off-seasons" I am able to get fabulous rates at the Value Resorts. Add in the rate is reasonably the same, I get the fun of being on Disney property and can hop into the parks for a bit if I have time which I can usually make. At worst, I ride around on the WDW transportation and take it all in with a stroll around DTD.

Does this mean it would work for everyone? Probably not. However, there may be people that travel to Orlando on business that had never considered this when making their ticket purchases.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: