Quantcast NHL Playoffs - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Maryanne is right ... live playoff hockey is amazing! You're going to love it, Mel.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, live playoff is a blast. I just feel bad that you are going to see a Loss Tonight !!! I am sure the Pens are going to have a fire lit under their booty's tonight !!!!
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyB View Post
    I agree, live playoff is a blast. I just feel bad that you are going to see a Loss Tonight !!! I am sure the Pens are going to have a fire lit under their booty's tonight !!!!
    And a loss I did see. And I will say it was no fun from start to finish. This is how we all felt -----> Extremely nerve-wracking and frustrating playing from behind the entire game. So glad Marty St. Louis and Dwayne Roloson realized there was a game last night, or it would have been downright ugly. I had a sinking feeling after their 3rd goal immediately after Marty tied it up.

I'm baffled, confused, whatever on where the heck Steven Stamkos has disappeared to and that in itself is probably the most frustrating thing of all to me. It's like he's a complete non-factor.

That all said, the Forum was rocking and fan support was great! This is big for Tampa. The Pittsburgh fans were really a non-factor, thank goodness! There were just a few scattered here and there. I did see a fight though. But all the things the new owner has done are incredible and there is more to come in the offseason. We love you Mr. Vinik! Thank you for a great season regardless of the outcome of this series. What a turnaround from last year!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if its nerves or inexperience but Stamkos really hasnt done much. Vinnie and Marty though are being a real pest though !!!

You guys are lucky that we cant seem to find the net. I think Staal and Neal are having a who can miss more nets competition.

I do have a feeling there is going to be one game suspensions handed out for both sides after last nights hits by Downie and Kunitz. I would be surprised if only one gets it, and if neither gets will I will be blown away.

Win or loss the series, Tampa Bay is going in the right direction. Plus its something to build on for next year. Those noise makers look interesting last night though !!

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are lucky that we cant seem to find the net. I think Staal and Neal are having a who can miss more nets competition.

I do have a feeling there is going to be one game suspensions handed out for both sides after last nights hits by Downie and Kunitz. I would be surprised if only one gets it, and if neither gets will I will be blown away.

Win or loss the series, Tampa Bay is going in the right direction. Plus its something to build on for next year. Those noise makers look interesting last night though !!
    I should say defensively I thought both teams played well. We had the chances last night offensively, but just couldn't convert.

I need to go back and watch the hits by Downie and Kunitz. Hard to tell when you are there. Sigh - Downie has done so well this year keeping his temper in check (all attributed to Boucher for sure!). Boy what a hothead and loose cannon he was last year. Yes, fighting is a part of hockey, but you can't score points from the penalty box. I also want to go back and see that hit by Vinny. I get this feeling it was a ticky-tac call. Let's see, I'm going to turn on NHL on the Fly now.

Those rally drums were awesome! Loved them. They were loud and everyone got into it. Don't count on it being as loud Wednesday, as they are giving out thunder sticks instead. Big mistake!

ETA: Something I heard our announcers mention last night on my drive home is that whoever scores first in this series will likely win and I agree. Momentum seems to be a huge factor!
    Last edited by Melanie; 04-19-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting commentary on NHL network on the hits. Panel was split on whether Downie should be suspended. Yes, he left his feet and yes he has a (bad) history. Time will tell.

Unanimous on Kunitz that he's gone for 3 games. Blantant elbow and cheap shot for sure. And Gagne has the history of concussions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Interesting commentary on NHL network on the hits. Panel was split on whether Downie should be suspended. Yes, he left his feet and yes he has a (bad) history. Time will tell.

Unanimous on Kunitz that he's gone for 3 games. Blantant elbow and cheap shot for sure. And Gagne has the history of concussions.
    I dont know how they could be split on Downie, Lovejoy didnt have the puck and his skates left the ice, to me thats a no brainer.

3 games for Kunitz I think is a bit much, he isnt a dirty player and doesnt have a history for such things. What makes it look worse was it was Gagne and his history. I am sure if it was reversed and it was Crosby we would be calling for heads.

I think 1 game each, fine, and warning of do it again and you are out for the series.

My biggest problem with the NHL is there is no consistency. Cooke gets suspended rest of season and first round of playoffs. Lucic cross checks a guy in the back of the head no suspension at all??? Chara nearly ends a guys career and no suspension. Is it because Colin Campbells son plays for the Bruins...maybe

There needs to be a rule that ANY hit to the head results in automatic suspension, but the NHL is too afraid to put it in place.

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to see it again, but they were saying that Downie is 5'9" and Lovejoy is 6'3" (I think) and that it wasn't a head shot.

I am sure if it was reversed and it was Crosby we would be calling for heads.
    Sorry, but, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to see it again, but they were saying that Downie is 5'9" and Lovejoy is 6'3" (I think) and that it wasn't a head shot.

If you youtube downie hit lovejoy, you will see it.

Sorry, but, of course.
    I can understand, the guy that hit Crosby got nothing. I am not talking about Hedman either, his hit isnt what caused his concussion. He had to have it from the Steckle hit during the Winter Classic

I will say one thing, you def surprised me. Not many women can carry on a conversation about hockey. And to be in Florida yet, thats bonus points !!

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I can understand, the guy that hit Crosby got nothing. I am not talking about Hedman either, his hit isnt what caused his concussion. He had to have it from the Steckle hit during the Winter Classic
    Right, right. True enough, he did not. And like I said earlier, I too believe Hedman's hit was not the cause of Crosby's issues. He really shouldn't have been on the ice at all. And I don't say that because I dig Hedman. We met him last year and he's a gentle giant. Love him! I'm just ready for him to grow into his role. I'm still learning all there is about hockey, but it's my understanding defensemen take more time to develop? I'm just impatient!

And although I'm new to hockey, I'm a lifelong sports fan. Definitely one of the things my hubby and I had in common when we met. I just grew up on Tobacco Road where college basketball is king. Hockey, what's hockey?

Post Thanks / Like

Steckel didn't deserve anything it was an accidental collision between the 2 players. It was not a hit so therefore how could it be illegal If you want to blame anyone for Crosby's current situation the blame falls on himself trying to come back too soon and the Pens Organization for letting him play. In general I guess you can blame Bettman for trying to speed up the game after the lockout. I really can't see how they are going to eliminate concussions or even minimize them without totally changing the rules and equipment.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    If you want to blame anyone for Crosby's current situation the blame falls on himself trying to come back too soon and the Pens Organization for letting him play.

HUH

I didnt know you had a MD after your name. I guess you were in the locker room and can explain to me first hand everything that happened.

I know I would clearly risk the future of the best player in hockey for a regular game in the middle of the season.

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Maryanne is right ... live playoff hockey is amazing! You're going to love it, Mel.
    We were season ticket holders for 12 years, plus we traveled to Tampa & DC to watch our team. In fact in Tampa we sat right behind our bench for $50 a seat. That wouldn't ever happen in Philly.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJGIRL View Post
    In fact in Tampa we sat right behind our bench for $50 a seat. That wouldn't ever happen in Philly.
    Nope, it wouldn't. That's about what we paid last night for 2 tickets. Love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, it wouldn't. That's about what we paid last night for 2 tickets. Love it!
    We went the year the stadium was built. It didn't look finished outside but was very nice inside. When we pulled up and I saw we had to park in a multi level parking garage I wasn't too sure about getting out, but it was a piece of cake. They had everything moving so smooth. They blocked off streets right after the game making them one ways and we were out of there in 10 mins!

You take your life in your own hands in Philly. If you have to cross the street your lucky if you don't get hit by a car. If you park VIP you have to be a race car driver not to be stuck in traffic for an hour after the game. My husband would get me so nervous with all of the weaving and cutting I would just close my eyes until we were back on the bridge.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We went the year the stadium was built. It didn't look finished outside but was very nice inside.
    The Forum is nice, and the new owner has plans for upgrades (all new seats, new organ, outdoor upper level margarita deck-something you can only do in Florida-etc.) during the offseason.

How old is the arena the Flyers play in?

Post Thanks / Like

The Forum is nice, and the new owner has plans for upgrades (all new seats, new organ, outdoor upper level margarita deck-something you can only do in Florida-etc.) during the offseason.

How old is the arena the Flyers play in?
    It was completed in 1996. It's very nice also. We actually started out in the old building so when the new one was complete there was such a big difference.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

So both Downie and Kunitz get a game apiece.

The same guys on NHL on the Fly from last night were on again and said they were surprised by the rulings. Pretty much stuck with their opinions from last night. One did say he thought Downie was punished based on past behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Downie was punished based on his past, and probably because the league offices didn't want any more calls coming in from whining Pens Fans
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

You take your life in your own hands in Philly. If you have to cross the street your lucky if you don't get hit by a car. If you park VIP you have to be a race car driver not to be stuck in traffic for an hour after the game. My husband would get me so nervous with all of the weaving and cutting I would just close my eyes until we were back on the bridge.
    I have never parked VIP but yea, you definitely get stuck in traffic at every event in the complex unless you know a few tricks/secret exits. The thing with Philly is, all of our major sporting arenas are in one area- The Flyers and Sixers play at the Wells Fargo Center (previously the Wachovia Center/First Union Center/CoreStates Center). The Eagles are across the street at Lincoln Financial Field and the Phillies are across the other street at Citizen's Bank Park. Up until recently there were still events going on at the old Spectrum. I was there once when there was a Flyers game, Eagles game, Phillies game, and a concert all going on the same day. That was not fun! I will say though that I feel life as a pedestrian has gotten better in my opinion over the years. I probably go to 30+ events a year these days between my Phillies season ticket plan and other games/events, and I used to be a season ticket holder for the AHL Phantoms who played at the Spectrum, and I would say at 99% of events there are traffic cops at the major intersections. If you have to cut across the middle of the street that can still be touch and go. But yes, the grid lock when you are trying to leave can be terrible. The worst was after a Bruce Springsteen show at the Spectrum. Took us an hour to get out of the lot because one of the exits was closed.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: