Quantcast Where Would You Stay? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to try CBR next time, but after reading all these responses I'm wondering if WE should look at CSR instead!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at CSR, POR and CRB..POR is my personal favorite with CSR my next..with what you described though, I also think CSR would be a good fit...it just has a more adult, upscale feel. We were in the Castitas(sp?) section right next to the quiet pool. As two adults, you might like that pool over the large themed pool across the lake. We liked both food courts at POR and CSR, though the PepperMarket is alittle different in how it functions than the other food courts on property. There is also Rix lounge that may appeal to two adults.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

If we do end up staying at CSR, I would request the Casitas section after looking at pictures on another site. From the pictures I could tell it was beautiful!!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Once stayed at CS in the Casita's section, Building 5 and loved the location. It provides quick and easy access to the main pool, quiet pool, and main building amenities. It's also near the first bus stop for the resort, so you are first on and first off. CS has a dedicated bus service, meaning you don't share with another resort.
    "You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality." - WD

Poly - '95, '09
    DTD - '02, '04
    WL - '05, '07
    CSR - '08
    AKV - '10, '11
    BCV - '11
    BLT - '12
    SSR - '12
    BCV- '13
    OKW - '14
    BLT - '14

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info! It will be very helpful in requesting what building to stay in. The pools will be well used so proximity is somewhat important. I love the upscale feel of the Casitas section!! What kind of view did you have?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Our view from casitas bldg 5 was of a small courtyard with fountains. Very nice!
    "You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality." - WD

Poly - '95, '09
    DTD - '02, '04
    WL - '05, '07
    CSR - '08
    AKV - '10, '11
    BCV - '11
    BLT - '12
    SSR - '12
    BCV- '13
    OKW - '14
    BLT - '14

Post Thanks / Like

Either POR or POFQ - two feature pools plus multiple restaurants - boat or walk between - the boat also takes you to DTD. Bus transportion has worked well for us. Don't miss Bob the Piano Man at POR!
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Our absolute favorite of the mods is Port Orleans Riverside! We love everything about it. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are great, the food court is one of the best and you can take the boat to Downtown! The pools were really nice. We stay in the Alligator Bayou section and love how close we can be to everything. The last time we stayed there, we were in Bldg 15 and could get everywhere in no time and the grounds are so pretty to walk thru. We stayed at CSR in December to try something new and, quite honestly, were a little disappointed. It was nice, but it didn't come close to POR for us. We even took a bus from Downtown one day over to POR to eat in the food court! We will prob not stay elsewhere from now on....POR is our home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    For what you describe, I'd go for Coronado Springs. One of the best pools on property...moderate or otherwise. And the resort is gorgeous.
    I agree. Great pool, wonderful play area and solid price. Enjoy!!
    K. White

The magic is within all of us!

WDW Off Site 1978, 1981, 1986, 2005, 2006
    Disneyland- 1980, 1984, 1987
    WL- 6/2008
    Coronado Springs- 6/2009
    PO- Riverside- 6/2010
    AS Music- Solo, 40th Birthday March 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the good news! You've decided to stay at a moderate resort, so among the choices, you can't really, make a bad one!

It seems you're leaning towards CSR, which I wholeheartedly agree with. The theming, decor, and atmosphere are wonderful there. We stayed in a Cabana room with a water view, and we had a spectacular view of the lake and main building, which was lovely at night. The Casitas are another good option, because your view might even be better if you get a higher floor. Remember about the view that you won't have a private balcony or anything, but a view from the window or front door. As for the main pool, it is spectacular, and the quiet pools are nice too.

You say you won't be eating at TS, but I highly recommend trying Maya Grill once. It's a nice place to eat, if pricey.

If you decide to change your mind, POR is now my favorite moderate, and I've visited POFQ and CBR, and I think any of these would suit your needs too. I'd say your first choice, CSR, has the best "wow" factor you're looking for. Good luck!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

If price isn't an issue, the beach/yacht club hands down if a good pool is what you're after.

Storm a long bay is head and shoulders above any resort pool on property and the location is one of my favorites.

If price is an issue and you are set on a moderate I would yield to what all the PP's have said. One thing I will throw out there is the swan/dolphin are onsite properties which can be booked at moderate prices. They have deluxe amenities and a great pool. Staying there you get access to the busses/boats and EMH. You cannot get the DDP or Magical Express ride from the airport though.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going moderate, I would pick POFQ or POR for sure. Great atmosphere, nice boat ride to DD.
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed at all of them EXCEPT CSR. The themeing has never appealed to me. That is how I chose my resort. You get a vacation inside of a vacation by chosing a resort with themeing you love. My all time favorite is AKL. POFQ is my favorite moderate. It is small enough to be manageable but right next to Riverside. Two very diferant experiences in one.

Post Thanks / Like

POFQ would be my choice. Small, compact, boat to DTD and beignets
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Don't discount the Dolphin. With a AAA rate or a special you could get a rate not that far above the mods. The pool is very nice and the location is far superior to any of the moderates.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: