Quantcast Seats on the buses!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Seats on the buses!

We just got back from a trip to DW. I absolutely love DW and have gone now 17 times in the past 15 years. My only problem is the buses. I DO NOT like to stand on a bus. For one reason, it is dangerous. For another, either in the morning before I am going to be walking all day, or at night, AFTER I have been walking all day, I want to sit down! I ALWAYS choose to wait for the next bus rather than stand. This past trip, the CM helping to load the buses at the MK was pushing everyone to get on the bus. Sardines in a can is the best I can describe it, after Wishes. I told him, I would rather wait. He got a little huffy and said, "You can stand here and wait, or you can stand on the bus and get back to your resort!" Well, no offense, but I would much rather wait. The buses were pulling in two at a time, and about 5 minutes apart. Not a big deal to me, especially since we were staying at the POP, which is a little bit of a ride from the MK. I just want people to know though, I waited purposely for that seat on that bus. I am not going to give that seat up for ANYONE! If people want a seat, then wait for the next bus. Someone commented that there were people sitting who could stand and honestly it kind of ticked me off. If you want a seat, wait for one, but don't expect me to get up and give you mine!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you. I always have my son sit in my lap when the bus is crowded, even though he is now 11 and getting a little big to do it, I still plan on having him do it on our next trip. Sometimes if I feel like it, I'll get on a crowed bus but if I feel my legs cannot handle the sudden stops and take offs I wait for another one.
    Bryan

4/86, 4/89 Disney Music Days (off property)
    5/89 Grad Nite (off property)
    7/2005 POR
    4/2007 Grad Nite Chap ASMu
    4/2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Grad Nite Chap (off property)
    6/2009 POR
    5/2010 SSR
    5/2011, 12/2011 POR

Post Thanks / Like

And people shouldn't make the assumption that just because you LOOK healthy, that this means you actually are! My mother had MS and couldn't walk or stand for a long period of time. But to look at her you'd have thought she was fine. And even though I'm not old (at least I don't think so!) I'm no longer young, that doesn't mean I should have to give up my seat. I will if the person is older, pregnant or is carrying a child but that's my choice.
    So yes, if you choose to wait for another bus, you should get to choose to sit down. If someone else wants a seat that badly, they can wait for the next bus.
    šošKathyšoš TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

And people shouldn't make the assumption that just because you LOOK healthy, that this means you actually are! My mother had MS and couldn't walk or stand for a long period of time. But to look at her you'd have thought she was fine.
    May all the days of your life be filled with Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody remember what happened last time this issue came up? LOL .....it wasn't pretty!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't see a problem. If you want to sit, and you wait for the next bus...it's your option. Don't worry what others think
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Before we all dive into this same pool again, check out the post on page 7 of this discussion board RE taking a seat. It got 2,434 views! Every possible viewpoint was aired. Check it out.

And then take a deep breath...and find your laughing place.
    1975 & 1977 - Summer - Disneyland
    1991 April - WDW
    1993 April - WDW
    2006 June - Saratoga Springs
    2007 July – Saratoga Springs
    2010 February - Caribbean Beach Resort
    2010 October – AKL Jambo
    2011 July - Old Key West
    2013 October - OKW
    2015 September - AKL Jambo
    2016 September - AKL Jambo

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I wouldnt worry about what people say. If you wanna keep your seat, do it. You paid for it.
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Have to share a chuckle. I do not feel old by any means, but am approaching it I guess according to some folks standards. On our last DW trip we were on a very crowded bus, and I was standing. No biggie. Then a teen offered me his seat. Oops, what was he trying to tell me? Kind of took the wind out of my sails.
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you know what they say about opinions. I used to give up my seat, but often it went to people I ddn't feel should have gotten it. So, now I save myself the aggrivation and sit when I can and stand when I need to.

What other people think of it makes no difference to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've learned to wait for a bus where I will get a seat, every since I almost fell once when standing, when the bus took off (yes, I was holding on). Nor will I let my DD be invited to sit in the lap of some male stranger.

I've seen enough of Disney to have my patience when I go there.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

I can definately relate to not wanting to stand on the bus, especially after a long day of walking! It can be hard to hold on and keep your balance when you're very sleepy and feel weak. But in most cases, we'll just get on the bus and stand if that's the only space available. And I agree, if I get my seat on the bus, I most likely will not give it up, unless it looks like someone who has to stand absolutely needs a seat more than I do. But people shouldn't be complaining that there are people sitting who could easily be standing. Everyone deserves a seat, but it just doesn't work out that way. First come, firt serve

*2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge--in progress*
    *2010 Polynesian*
    *2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge*
    *2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge*

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind standing on the buses. Gets me back to my resort sooner
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Obvioulsy we would all prefer to sit on the bus, especially after a long day of walking the parks. However, if I have to stand, I do so without complaint. Last summer my ankles were swelling so bad, but I chose to get on the bus and stand, just wanting to get over to Epcot as quiclkly as possible for our dinner reservations. A very nice young man who was seated with his wife and child, stood and offered me his seat and at first I thought, "that's not fair, he got on first ... it's his seat", but he wasn't about to sit back down. I actually felt a little embarrased at first, but I thanked him and gratefully took the seat. A few minutes later I heard his small son (probably about 4 years old, my guess) ask his mother why daddy got up and she said, "he's being a gentleman". The little boy said "I want to be a gentleman too!" I thought that was very sweet. Now, I'm not implying a true gentleman would give his seat up, because I feel he deserved that seat just as much as anyone else, but I was appreciative of his act of kindness just the same.
    9/17 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    4/16 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/14 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    8/10 Polynesian Village Resort
    5/09 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    7/08 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    Nor will I let my DD be invited to sit in the lap of some male stranger.
    EWWWW - has that actually happened??! That just totally creeps me out.

Post Thanks / Like

My feet hurt everyday after a day at the world so standing or sitting doesnt really matter to me. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY.
    BE YOURSELF ALWAYS!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like if I am healthy enough to give up my seat then I am thankful and happy to do so.
    July 2012 Western Caribbean Cruise on Fantasy!
    2011 Offsite
    2009 Offsite
    2007 POFQ
    2000 Poly
    1996 Offsite
    1992 CBR
    Many childhood trips Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

1) All newer buses have more standing room than seating.
    . . . this allows more riders per bus
    . . . thus, fewer buses and drivers
    2) New or old, I give up my seat seldom.
    . . . I surrender my seat to pregnant women
    . . . I surrender my seat to physically handicapped
    . . . I do not surrender my seat to those holding children
    . . . I do not surrender my seat to tired men or women
    3) Being tired after a day at parks is no excuse to claim a seat form others.
    4) Either wait for another bus, or leave the parks earlier when less tired.

NOTE: Many adults feel they should have a seat to hold their tired or sleeping child. I feel they should have taken the child back to the resort far earlier. Just because they are on vacation does not mean a small child will be able to stay up later than usual.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

1. If I am planning a vacation where I will be walking countless miles I can't see the difference a standing bus ride makes. This goes for walking distances at resorts too. It's Disney, you will be walking...a lot. If you walk until you cannot stand another moment you probably should have called it a day hours ago.

2. I do agree that standing on buses can be dangerous. I hate to see kids standing because often adults have trouble keeping balance and could easily knock a kid down by accident.

3. I will never sit on a bus unless everyone else is sitting. I am healthy, athletic, and easily able to stand (even while holding a child or while pregnant). I know that for sure about myself, but I don't know the health or ability level of anyone else so I stand.

4. Now that I have two kids and the safety concerns with kids standing we rent a car. That's the way to go in my opinion.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) All newer buses have more standing room than seating.
    . . . this allows more riders per bus
    . . . thus, fewer buses and drivers
    2) New or old, I give up my seat seldom.
    . . . I surrender my seat to pregnant women
    . . . I surrender my seat to physically handicapped
    . . . I do not surrender my seat to those holding children
    . . . I do not surrender my seat to tired men or women
    3) Being tired after a day at parks is no excuse to claim a seat form others.
    4) Either wait for another bus, or leave the parks earlier when less tired.

NOTE: Many adults feel they should have a seat to hold their tired or sleeping child. I feel they should have taken the child back to the resort far earlier. Just because they are on vacation does not mean a small child will be able to stay up later than usual.
    I agree with you. In everything you said. I also have no idea why this topic came up again.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: