Quantcast The Never Again Trip Report - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

So just when are these Brazilian groups there anyway. I would certainly like to avoid them if possible. As someone else pointed out you are always going to have your groups of rude people but I would still like to try to avoid these groups in particular.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our driver told us that they are here June/July and December through the beginning of February. I strongly recommend NOT going these times because of the tour groups.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

To answer the question above regarding the tour groups. I dont know how long and how many times but I do know that they are there every January for the month. And I do say that yes they are very frustrating between the language barrier and the rudeness. But unfortunately they are not the only people I have found rude in the parks. Like someone else said Disney could not put a limit to how many in a group or in a park in general, that would be considered discrimination. We to were there this January 21-29th and experience a lot of those tour groups. One day I was bumbarded by them in a bathroom in Epcot where there was literally 30 girls in the bathroom I couldnt even get to a sink to wash my hands. But I had a bad experience on a boat ride from the BW to DHS when a womans child kept kicking me nonstop for the whole ride And she didnt tell him to stop, nor did she even say sorry. He was sitting on her lap and purposely kicking me in the thigh. And she looked, saw and noticed...it took everything I had not to flip out. But thats just an example as to unfortunately the tour groups are not the only rude people Ive come across. Sometimes its best to keep the Disney magic in its entirety and try to think of the good things. I am sorry you had a bad experience though I too get bummed when things dont work out the way I hope. We too had the Epcot monorail break down on us which almost made us late for a reservation but we ended up getting through it just in time. Unfortunately theres not much they can do to prevent these things from happening. And like others have said, in the rules, and I believe on the backs of the tickets it does state that you cannot use tickets to enter seperate parks without the park hopper option. I believe Faline stated, it would be cheaper for people to enter parks using a whole day than actually have the park hopper option, hence why they dont allow it. If you have used that in the past than you had a very nice CM that wasn't enforcing the rules. And Disney is very strict with there rules and a lot of times CM's are clearly scared in being written up or fired for not following the rules. We know a CM personally and theres a lot of times she has said "I can get in trouble" if we have asked her things figuratively as to well "what would happen if this"...so a lot of CM's wont chance there only job to bend the rules. Hopefully the Disney Magic returns to you and you plan another trip soon!! I would hate to feel that way and cant imagine how disappointed you truly felt to actually say the words "never again" Wish there was something I could do to have helped or change your mind!
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Wow sorry you had a bad trip. I tell everyone I know that the time of year you go is the most important factor. We have had bad experiences over the years but never enough to ruin a trip. Thats one reason we don't go for 3 or 4 days. If you stay 6-10 days you can always overcome a bad experience or day by stepping away and relaxing a bit. I tell people who are planning a trip its better to save longer to stay longer than craming everything into a couple of days and having something go wrong. I know thats not always possible but things happen out of our control. I do hope you remember the good trips and realize that is not the norm although things can go wrong from time to time.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there! Just got back ourselves Jan 31-Feb 6. Like everyone else I am so sorry for your bad experience and hope that some day you'll be able to go again and want to go again!

We saw some tour groups of young girls who would chant and march around the parks. VEry annoying! I don't know why they were there, they had matching shirts, back packs, etc. Seemed like a cheer or dance teams. As annyoning as this is you gotta wonder,how are things during peak season? Besides these groups, hindering you at times, it overall is a nice time to be there.

We did not get to do all we wanted to do and also experienced a monorail breakdown. Annoying, but we got through it. Late for our ressie but we still were seated at Tony's Town Square.

Rude people. I know. Sigh. They were around us plenty too! They are there in Disney and guess what, they are there everywhere else. I just think its more noticeable in Disney because when you think Disney you think "magical" and rudeness puts a damper on that! I agree with you! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

It stinks when things don't go the way you planned and even more when it affects you so badly like it did for you. But you can't help your feelings! Take a few months to think about it and decide if "never again' is truly what you want. Sounds like you know and love Disney and I hope you end up feeling this way again!

Hang in there! Focus on the good from your trip! Make a scrapbook of all those pics of your kids smiling faces!

Post Thanks / Like

For us the large tour groups more than hindered our activities in the parks (January 2011). We ended up leaving the parks and trying less crowded places - like our hotel. It wasn't just one or two or even ten tour groups - it was 30 to 40 (with 20 to 30 members in a group) - it made the lines extremely long, the fast passes gone by 10 am, shopping impossible, and restaurant reservations a must. We found that the early mornings worked best, there wasn't as many of the big groups and we were able to get on the rides at least once. But by noon forget about it. And yes, we ran into rude behavior from people who were not part of the tour groups - but there was rampant bad behavior with the tour groups. Next time we are thinking about trying November, just after the food and wine festival.
    Dahling!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megustamex View Post
    ... We take the path of least resistance instead of trying to fit it all in, and it's turned out to be a much more relaxing, DIFFERENT Disney vacation than we used to have in our single days. ....
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arm00leg View Post
    Our driver told us that they are here June/July and December through the beginning of February. I strongly recommend NOT going these times because of the tour groups.
    Maybe they could actively encourage the large groups to break up into smaller ones of maybe 10 or so..... I'm sure it would help improve their experience too.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the cheerleader groups.
    3/82 3/85 3/88 3/91-offsite
    4/92 Poly
    5/01 Coronado
    5/02 Yacht
    5/04 Yacht
    5/05 PO RS
    11/05 PO FQ
    5/06 Yacht
    5/07 WL
    5/08 AS Music 10/08 Dolphin
    5/09 Contemp 10/09 Boardwalk Villa
    5/10 Contemp-Atrium 10/10 Beach
    5/11 Contemp 10/11 Yacht
    5/12 Yacht cl 10/12 Dolphin
    4/13 Yacht cl

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived Feb 11th - 22nd and had the pleasure of experiencing both cheerleading groups AND the South American Tour groups. We will NEVER go again at this time. WHAT a complete disaster. Try waiting for a bus with 30-40 cheerleaders in line ahead of you, and their friends pop up every few second and run on board ahead of you. Want a seat while you eat your breakfast in the food court? Too bad, they either got there first or are pulling every available chair to make one massive 50 person table. The sound of dragging chairs bothers you? How about laying in a hammock trying to relax and hearing the screaming and chanting of at least 7 different cheer squads from all sides. You want to sleep at night? Too bad, the girls want to stay up late and scream and party outside. And there was no switching buildings in carribbean beach because the girls occupied at least EVERY BUILDING.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLovesDisney View Post
    We arrived Feb 11th - 22nd and had the pleasure of experiencing both cheerleading groups AND the South American Tour groups. We will NEVER go again at this time. WHAT a complete disaster. Try waiting for a bus with 30-40 cheerleaders in line ahead of you, and their friends pop up every few second and run on board ahead of you. Want a seat while you eat your breakfast in the food court? Too bad, they either got there first or are pulling every available chair to make one massive 50 person table. The sound of dragging chairs bothers you? How about laying in a hammock trying to relax and hearing the screaming and chanting of at least 7 different cheer squads from all sides. You want to sleep at night? Too bad, the girls want to stay up late and scream and party outside. And there was no switching buildings in carribbean beach because the girls occupied at least EVERY BUILDING.
    Oh MY!!! Note to self....never go to Disney during that time frame!
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

See, this is why I wish I read thse boards all along!! LOL..now I know IT'S NOT JUST ME!!!

we went last year, February, 2010 from the 5th to the 11th for my DH's 40th birthday. We dealt with the tour groups and the cheerleaders. My DH and I were shocked at how rude the tour groups were. Honestly, there weren't as many as some of you have seen, maybe becuase it was February and the "rush" was over but boy did it make a difference.

We're headed back to BLT this year in September/October so we're hoping for great, weather and a great time.

To the OP, hopefully you'll rethink it and regain the Magic again
    Tricia
    Disney crazed wife to Todd
    Mom to Anthony 16 and Maggie 9

Beach Club - November '13
    Villas @ WL - June '12
    BLT - September '11
    Poly - September '10
    AKL - February '10
    POFQ - September '08
    Off property - October '04
    POR - September '01
    off property many times since '78

Post Thanks / Like

I've learned to dread the Brazilian Tour Groups.

I love how - somehow - tourists from the USA have gotten the reputation as being "rude" when they travel abroad. I've done a lot of travelling in my life and never in my life have I seen anyone from the states behaving like I routinely see these tour groups behave - shoving in front of people, knocking kids over as they rush into rides, standing in huge groups blocking the walkways throughout the parks.

Disney needs to address this growing problem. Banning groups over 12 - 15 would be a nice start.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness!

All I have to say is, "There's no crying at Disney!"
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I have noticed the same things with the Brazilian groups. I've been lucky to avoid the cheerleaders, though (thank goodness).

One of my personal pet peeves is the groups that will stand and block the walkway while they chat or look over a map or just decide what to do next. Meanwhile, everyone is either waiting to get through them or having to push their way through, earning dirty looks from the ones who are causing the pileups.

Okay, back on topic. I too am sorry for your bad experience. Sounds like you later found some good things to remember. We have been enough times that when we recognize a problem area, we simply move on to something else. If that means we miss one particular thing, so be it. We try not to let things like that bother us. It's Disney, after all, and there's enough there to be magical.

I hope you change your mind and make a return trip, even if that means it's just a bit more crowded on those days.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: