Quantcast DME bus wreck

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: DME bus wreck

Post Thanks / Like

Default DME bus wreck

Our DME bus was in a fender bender at the airport this morning. I am not sure what happened other than we hit a taxi cab. Everyone on the bus was fine. Loooked like everyone in the cab was fine as well.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure these sorts of things happen from time to time. Glad to hear it was minor and no-one was injured.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Glad everyone was okay and you got to Disney quick enough!
    Live Life Joyfully!
    [FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="2"]'73 - DL;
    '78, '89 - DW -off property;
    '94, 00, '07 - Dixie Landing; '96 - CBR; '98 - CSR;
    '99 - Disney Cruise;
    '01 - WL Christmas Celebration; '03, '06, '12, '13
    '10 POFQ; '11 POP (2x)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiredfigment View Post
    Glad everyone was okay and you got to Disney quick enough!
    Actually, it was at the end of our trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Actually, it was at the end of our trip.
    A memorable way to end your trip!
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Our DME bus was in a fender bender at the airport this morning. I am not sure what happened other than we hit a taxi cab. Everyone on the bus was fine. Loooked like everyone in the cab was fine as well.
    If it was only a "fender bender" then why did you use "DME bus wreck" as the subject line of this posting? A bit dramatic don't you think? My dd is a WDW bus driver and this type of posting sent the hairs on the back of my neck straight up. Given the two bus fatalities last year, can't we be a bit more sensitive?

I've over-reacting I'm sure but just a thought, thanks -- tory
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Grandmom's house in St. Augustine - 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    July '12 POFQ

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Feb '13 Cars family suite!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToraTory View Post
    If it was only a "fender bender" then why did you use "DME bus wreck" as the subject line of this posting? A bit dramatic don't you think? My dd is a WDW bus driver and this type of posting sent the hairs on the back of my neck straight up. Given the two bus fatalities last year, can't we be a bit more sensitive?

I don't know any of the bus drivers and I thought it was over the top. The first thing I thought when I read the actual post was, wow, this guy must work for AOL! Have you read their headlines??

PS Nothing personal Big Kid, it just made me laugh...

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that in certain parts of the US (possibly California?), the words "bus wreck" or "car wreck" refer to any traffic accident, major or minor. In the Eastern US, we tend to say "accident", but I have heard the word "wreck" used on the traffic reports in other states for minor things. It doesn't necessarily mean that the car or bus was wrecked.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right.

You ARE overreacting. I was not aware that I had to consider the occupation of everyone's relative on intercot before making a post.

It was a wreck. Tires squealing, ladies screaming, crunching metal, a sudden stop, and at least one person knocked out of their seat. I guess it did not meet your definition of a wreck, but it met mine.

Perhaps if someone is so "sensitive" about what words are chosen, maybe staying off the internet would be a better choice than trying to lecture others on their posts. Not that your WDW bus driving daughter would be driving a DME bus anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, everybody calm down, here. Goodness!

You both have valid points of view. "Wreck" is a perfectly reasonable word to use for what Big Kid experienced. Some people read the word "wreck" and fear a catastrophic event involving major injuries and total losses of vehicles. By the descriptions, it sounds like this event was somewhere between "fender bender" and "catastrophe" -- exciting enough (not in a good way) to warrant the use of somewhat dramatic terms to describe it.

That said, it's totally understandable that a reader might panic, seeing that headline, and assume something much more serious than what actually occurred.

I don't think ToraTory was saying it was horrible and wrong and bad of Big Kid to write what they wrote; merely that there might possibly have been a better way to say it. Let's not ascribe malice where there is none intended.

With luck, you'll never have the opportunity to do it differently next time!
    FL Resident Annual Passholder since 2005
    Charter Member, D23
    DVC May 2014 - Villas at Grand Floridian
    Castaway Club Gold (7 cruises, #8 April, 2023)

"There is nothing we do here that is not creative.
    There is nothing creative that we do not do here."
    --WDI

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of overreacting, are we a little sensitive? Read your headline and read the post. They don't say the same thing. If you post on a board, you are going to get a reaction, just like anyone who writes anywhere. It wasn't exactly a vicious attack, BK.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay everyone. Let's all look over what we're writing here and take a moment. We're arguing semantics a little too heatedly. Since this has long ago stopped being about the incident and more about who uses words what way and how wrong they are, I'm pulling the plug. Think we could have done a little better policing ourselves here.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: