Quantcast The Amazing Race 18 - Unfinished Business - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Penalty

Glad I wasn't the only one who was bugged by the penalty. Who is Phil to just randomly hand out penalties, although that may not be how it went down with editing and such. I thought it was a very good episode and was pleased Mel and Mike were gone-now to get rid of Ron and Christina =)

Very pleased to see Justin and Zev doing well, they are really growing on me-the comment about the underwear was funny. Also Keisha and Jen are doing well and seem "better" to me this time around-just more likable or something. Mallory doesn't bother me like she does some of you-I think she's funny. I like that she isn't a diva-she jumped right into that mud pit. Margie and Luke still bug me though
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm good with Mel and Mike being gone (although it would have been okay if Jamie and Cara had gone instead!)

I'm sure the Globetrotters didn't intentionally take Christina's backpack, but still--once they discovered it, the right thing to do would have been to bring it back to where they found it (or give it to Christina personally). However, I thought it was somewhat petty of Christina and her dad to bring it up at the end, considering that it didn't appear to hold them up significantly (unless the editing was shoddy). So while my initial reaction was against the Globetrotters, it swung back the other way against Christina and Ron once they made an issue of it with Phil. And why wouldn't Phil have known about the incident himself by the time the teams got to the check point? He always knows about any other violations that occur before they all finish. It was like he wanted to make Christina say something about it.

And I don't know if it's just me, but I liked Kynt and Vyxsin a lot better the last time around. Well, Kynt, specifically--man, is he annoying at times!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    And I don't know if it's just me, but I liked Kynt and Vyxsin a lot better the last time around. Well, Kynt, specifically--man, is he annoying at times!
    Nope, it's not just you. And Kynt should keep his hands off people. Producers, will you please warn him about body-slamming or fanny-popping folks?

I was ready for Mel and Mike to call it a day. And I'm also ready for Christina and Ron to go. I thought the penalty on the Globetrotters was a little too much. It appeared to be an innocent mistake that only merited a warning.

It appears that my cowboys are a little more cynical and a lot more suspicious of their competition this time around.

Go Cowboys -- also Go Justin & Zev
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Nope, it's not just you. And Kynt should keep his hands off people. Producers, will you please warn him about body-slamming or fanny-popping folks?
    I don't recall Kynt body-slamming the guy at the mud pit--I think that was Zev or Justin (it was hard to tell which one with all that mud on them!) He (Kynt) did give him a hug.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall Kynt body-slamming the guy at the mud pit--I think that was Zev or Justin (it was hard to tell which one with all that mud on them!) He (Kynt) did give him a hug.
    Oh, sorry. I thought it was Kynt being weird again. You're right about the mud making it hard to tell who was who
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Oh, sorry. I thought it was Kynt being weird again. You're right about the mud making it hard to tell who was who
    Weren't there like 4 people that gave that guy a hug? I thought that was so weird. I guess each racer saw mud on him and took liberties.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a really hard time staying awake for this crew of racers... It took me three watches to get through this past weeks and I finally gave up and forwarded to the end.

None of them are all that interesting this time around I think...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree--it would have been nice to have a fresh group, especially as so many of them are ones we just saw in the last couple of races.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it was Zev or Justin and it was a body bump, sort of like what you'd imagine a sumo wrestler would do.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Weren't there like 4 people that gave that guy a hug? I thought that was so weird. I guess each racer saw mud on him and took liberties.
    Which I thought was hilarious cause the Japanese can be so proper. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    None of them are all that interesting this time around I think...
    Yeah I kind of have that same issue, actually. Typically I enjoy having the pre-established rooting interests you get with all-star seasons, but this group really isn't filled with very compelling teams.

I love the Globetrotters, but for whatever reason they haven't been featured that much. Outside of them, I'm somewhere between active dislike of most of the teams and modest ambivalence.

Although Zev and Justin and Keisha and Jen are growing on me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

Although Zev and Justin and Keisha and Jen are growing on me.
    My thoughts exactly and neither were really faves for me when they were on before. I'm actually enjoying this season so far-the scenery and tasks have been great!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh!!! Our DVR froze in the middle of the show and then skipped forward 20 minutes, so I missed most of the charms (etc.) detour. I was surprised at how Kynt and Vyxsin choked on this leg of the race. And I am truly wondering what is up with Mallory and all those weird facial expressions and vocalizations. Can you tell it's really bugging me??

I actually thought Ron was pretty funny, what with them stopping to get those rolls for him to eat and Christina chastising him at the end of the challenge for eating again. Of course, I don't know what I missed in between that, lol! But it was a funny moment, all the same.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I actually thought Ron was pretty funny, what with them stopping to get those rolls for him to eat and Christina chastising him at the end of the challenge for eating again. Of course, I don't know what I missed in between that, lol! But it was a funny moment, all the same.
    His little tantrum in the middle of the show was short-lived (we basically saw all of it in the preview), but not pretty. Thing is, the Globetrotters saved them. Not sure if that was make-up for what happened last episode, but regardless, they saved Ron and Christina a bit of time. Beth, Ron and Christina had taken the wrong transport off the mountain and Flight and Big Easy saw them trying to flag down their bus and had their bus stop for R & C.

Kynt and Vyxsin, or should I say Vyxsin, were way off this leg. I just wonder why you would sit there for an hour staring at a compass not realizing you're going in the wrong direction. An hour?

Did someone say on here that they thought Mallory had seen viewer comments from her previous race saying how cute her bubbly personality was and she went with it big time for this race? Gahh!!! Driving me crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss it or did they not mention anything about the Globetrotters taking Christina and Ron's fanny pack? It was nice that the Globetrotters stopped the bus for them.

Last night was pretty boring. I can't believe they had them keep racing for a second time already. I think some of the teams are really suffering from stress.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay, so am I the only one who's a teeny bit irritated that they've played the "You're still racing!" card twice in like the first four shows?

Typically they do that maybe once in an entire race ... why twice and so early on? I like closure to my episodes. A non-elim I can deal with, but these "To Be Continueds" are not really my thing.

No clue what happened to Vyxsin on this leg. She was just totally out of it. I almost started to wonder if she was experience a bit of altitude sickness or something. She was wacked!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, so am I the only one who's a teeny bit irritated that they've played the "You're still racing!" card twice in like the first four shows?
    All Stars! I like that they are 'upping the ante', so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Typically they do that maybe once in an entire race ... why twice and so early on? I like closure to my episodes. A non-elim I can deal with, but these "To Be Continueds" are not really my thing.
    You're not alone! These continued episodes are annoying me, too! I guess my problem with them is they leave me with too many questions and I get impatient. Was that really a pit stop? Will the last team be eliminated if they really are still racing? I don't get it.

Kent and Vyxsin just imploded this leg. Well, Vyxsin mostly. I couldn't believe how calm Kent was when Vyxsin suddenly realized they were going the wrong direction. Actually, he was pretty calm through her entire meltdown. The only time he showed any kind of frustration really was when she left her passport at the airline ticket counter in the airport and even then he still didn't get too worked up. At that point, I would have been anything but calm!

I was cracking up at Ron and Christina, too, and the way Ron kept trying to eat everything and Christina kept trying to rein him in. The way those two act, sometimes it seems like the roles are reversed and she's the parent and he's the kid!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    His little tantrum in the middle of the show was short-lived (we basically saw all of it in the preview), but not pretty. Thing is, the Globetrotters saved them. Not sure if that was make-up for what happened last episode, but regardless, they saved Ron and Christina a bit of time. Beth, Ron and Christina had taken the wrong transport off the mountain and Flight and Big Easy saw them trying to flag down their bus and had their bus stop for R & C.
    That was nice of them! Thanks for filling me in, Mel. I knew I missed some crucial stuff, based of the previews.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Kynt and Vyxsin, or should I say Vyxsin, were way off this leg. I just wonder why you would sit there for an hour staring at a compass not realizing you're going in the wrong direction. An hour?
    This was the episode for meltdowns, wasn't it? And how many times did the lead change? I was in and out of the room, and each time I came back, another team had taken the lead.

I felt so sorry for Vyxsin when she had her brain freeze in the car. Stress can do that to you - make you forget your own name or which direction you should be going. Then she had a major meltdown at the charms challenge. Now with the lost passports, etc., it doesn't look good for them.

I was also shocked at Ron's outburst on the tram? They had a nice lead but got on the wrong conveyance and the Trotters came to their aid.

Loved the Trotters leading their parade through the streets. They always seem to be having fun.

My cowboys are still running solidly in the middle of the pack - go Cord and Jet!
    Just Jill.......

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: