Quantcast Swan / Dolphin

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Swan / Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

Question Swan / Dolphin

Seem to remember Swan / Dolphin being slightly different than other WDW resorts.

Could anybody tell me whether guests staying at Swan / Dolphin are eligible for EMH?

Are guests at Swan / Dolphin able to make ADR's at 180+10?

Anybody encountered any problems when staying there?

Thanks in advance.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely yes on the EMH. But not sure on the 180 plus 10. I think not, though. I think you can only do 180, not the plus ten. I could be wrong. I made my reservations for a midsummer Dolphin stay in May, though, and I was able to get all the ADRs I wanted (probably because there were no biggies like 'Ohana or Le Cellier on my list).

Also, no Magical Express. I had a great stay, though. Really great service, lovely room with lots of space, comfortable beds, good experiences at the Dolphin's restaurants. Transportation was reliable and pretty efficient, no problems at all. The location is great. For the price (and I keep getting deal offers from them now) it's a very good option and tempting. I would go back. I much prefer it to the Disney moderates.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

You are able to take advantage of EMH but not the 180+10 on dining. We really like to stay there for the cost vs deluxe cost in that area. You can walk to Epcot & Studios. The 2 cons we found are parking cost at the resort & if they have a conference at the time you are there they completely take over the resort. We will be staying there in July & Oct this year.
    First trip May 1996 and many since
    DVC Owner BWV
    Next trips 2015 : March SSR, May-AKLV& Poly Oct- BWV & Dec- BCV

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at both recently. The Swan is nice but I have issues with the Dolphin. The rooms are horribly worn and shabby looking. The carpet hasn't been replaced in a decade and looks it; there were stains and cracks on the tile floor; the desk chair looked like a Goodwill discard; and overall the housekeeping gets a D-. Dolphin is NOT worth even the best discounted price, which is usually around $159.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    We have stayed at both recently. The Swan is nice but I have issues with the Dolphin. The rooms are horribly worn and shabby looking. The carpet hasn't been replaced in a decade and looks it; there were stains and cracks on the tile floor; the desk chair looked like a Goodwill discard; and overall the housekeeping gets a D-. Dolphin is NOT worth even the best discounted price, which is usually around $159.
    I was in the Dolphin, and I did not have any issues at all. My room was beautiful, with a view of the Tower of Terror out my window, and housekeeping was great. I was in several rooms, because I was there for a conference and I was visiting with attendees in other rooms, and none of my associates had any complaints-- all the rooms were in good shape. I would say that your experience is probably the exception and not the norm, though I am sorry to hear that you had such a shabby room/hard time with housekeeping.

The conference concern is something to consider. I was there for a conference and because I was with the conference group, I had no problems. But we really did take the place over and I wondered how I would feel as a vacationer there while my conference was going on.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at both the Dolphin and Swan. I would say the only issue is that you can sometimes get stuck at either hotel during a large convention which can make the hotel restaurants and lounge/bars crowded. But besides that you cant beat the price and its location is very convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. Especially the conference and parking info. Hadn't realised they charge for parking unlike the other WDW Resorts.

However, the great deal I found, actually turned out not to be that great, especially when I found out that both the hotel, park tickets and flights from the UK had to be paid for in full up front now, when we didn't intend travelling until November 2011
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zawadi View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Especially the conference and parking info. Hadn't realised they charge for parking unlike the other WDW Resorts.

However, the great deal I found, actually turned out not to be that great, especially when I found out that both the hotel, park tickets and flights from the UK had to be paid for in full up front now, when we didn't intend travelling until November 2011
    Understand that the Swan and Dolphin are NOT WDW resorts. They are independent hotel chains with hotels on WDW property, not owned or operated by Disney. They DO have an agreement to allow EMH and use SOME WDW transportation, but not things like DME.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: