Quantcast What is your Line Wait Tolerance?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: What is your wait line tolerance for an attraction?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • If I love it - I'll wait as long as it takes

4 2.76%
  • No more than 2 hours

6 4.14%
  • No more than 1 hour

57 39.31%
  • It better be 30 mins or less - or I am out of there

78 53.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your Line Wait Tolerance?

Seeing all the tweets about line waits today, I was curious - who are those people that will wait more than 1 hour (30 minutes is my usual limit) for an attraction!?

C'mon - show yourselves Share with us your reasons!

I really think you'd have to pay me to wait for more than an hour........
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Now to answer my own question - I once - yes ONCE waited about 2 hours for Toy Story Mania - but that was because it was a second visit to WDW that year (at Christmastime) and the visit was all about the decorations, not attractions.

We gave the kids the option of one ride - or more than one (not TSM) and they elected to wait.

As we were waiting, we actually met friends of friends - so it was kind of funny.

Right after that - it was on to Osbourne Lights - then dinner......

But that will probably be the ONLY time I ever wait more than an hour for an attraction!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

On my first trip to WDW (summer), I stood in line for 1hour20min for RnRC, and an hour for Space Mountain. After that trip, I vowed never to wait that long again. I've been lucky enough to be able to go during slow seasons, and never wait more than 30 minutes for an attraction (other than waiting in line for the Candlelight Processional).
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

The longest I have waited was 70 minutes, and that was the *one* time I have ridden Toy Story Mania. That was in 2008. We've been twice since then, and both times the wait was over 70 minutes and there were no Fastpasses. We were just there in late September; we got to DHS around 11 am and all FPs were GONE already!
    1994 PO
    '96 GF (h'moon)
    '02 Cont. tower
    '03 WL
    '05 WL
    '06 GF, WL
    '07 ASMo
    '08 joined DVC: SSR, BWV
    '09 BCV, SSR
    '10 HHI, BCV/BWV
    '11 BLT
    '12 AKL, Dream
    '13 BCV, Fantasy, HHI
    '14 BCV, OKW, HHI
    '15 BCV, HHI, AKL
    '16 BLT, OKW, AKL, SSR, Fantasy
    '17 BLT, GF, AKL, BC
    '18 Wonder

Post Thanks / Like

For rides, it's only 30 minutes. But I answered 1 hour because for the Candlight Processional, Fantasmic and specialty events, I have no problem waiting an hour. I know some people state 2 or more hours for some of these things...but we have never had to wait that long so I guess we have choosen good times to go either on our trips or good park days or both.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

I have waited as long as 2 hours on one of my first couple of visits, in the belief that if I didn't get to do it NOW I'd never have another chance. I waited for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Soarin' that long for sure. But I will NEVER do that again, and have selected "under 30 or I'm out of there" because I've decided that life is too short, and Disney has too many other things to do And on that note, I will NEVER visit during a super crowded time....Disneyland this July took care of that for me. (and I did wait 2 hours for Space because I'd heard it is so much better there because of the refub. It WAS...but no ride is truly worth waiting THAT long for)

Post Thanks / Like

Once upon a time I lived in Central Florida and was able to go to WDW when the crowds were smaller (yes, that did happen!) So I got very spoiled with the shorter lines. Now I will hit the popular attractions up during EMH mornings and with fast passes, otherwise I can't stand to wait longer than 30 minutes or so.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

we try to wait no more than 50 min. we use fastpasses and try to get there at rope drop on the most popular rides.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

I voted no more than an hour but honestly, it depends on the day and how badly I want on the ride. The way I see it, there is always next time. Of course, when I'm dying to get on the ride, then I guess there isn't a time limit. We usually have the attitude that it is WDW and there will always be lines. Might as well wait.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

When my wife & I made our 1st trip to WDW at Christmas of 1985 we waited a minimum of an hour (and as much as 3 hrs) for everything.

25 yrs and 30+ trips later I flat refuse to waste more than 30 minutes waiting for anything.
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was younger my family would wait in line forever. NOw that I'm married and have three young children we don't wait anymore than 30 minutes. If there is a long wait we just get a fastpass and come back later.
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

30-40 minutes is probably the longest I will wait unless of course I am with others willing to wait longer who don't go as often. I go so often that I figure if I miss it this trip I can always catch it next time
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for 1 hour, but only for a couple of rides, Splash and Everest. Most of the time if it's more than 30-45 minutes I'll pass on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I waited for about 30-40 minutes for my first time on Toy Story Mania. Not only did I think I was going to die in that line, I didn't think the ride was worth it. Just an FYI, the kids in front of me were VERY unruly and kept hitting us, running into us, etc...

Otherwise, it has to be under 30 minutes or I'll pass. The Haunted Mansion is the only ride worth waiting 30 minutes for, in my opinion.
    Two things You told me: That You are strong, and You love me.

Post Thanks / Like

Never in a million years would I wait 4 1/2 hours to get on Soarin' (like some were yesterday). I just don't get it! That said, I have waited a couple of hours to get on NEW rides, like when Test Track and Soarin' were new. Living close, my tolerance, much like Beth's, for standing in line has dwindled and I gladly bypass any lines over 30 minutes now.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'm curious...if no one will wait more than an hour, who are all those people waiting more than an hour? In thinking back, since we usually go during the summer, and with the kids, kids in law, and grandkids, there have been many times when we just decided to tough it out, and wait in linel I have, on one trip or another, waited over an hour for: Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Mission Space, Soaring (longest wait ever...over 2 hours...thought it was worth the wait), Spceship Earth, Test Track, RnRC, Tower of Terror, Toy Story MM, Expedition Everest, K. Safari, and Kali River Rapids. Most of those long waits were pre-Fast Pass, or the first visit after they opened (or re-opened).
    Knowing that life is too short, and stuff happens, I have treated each Disney World trip as if it may be my last...so I try to do it all every trip...and usually manage!
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'm curious...if no one will wait more than an hour, who are all those people waiting more than an hour?
    This question has come up in our family before . . . just speculation, of course, but we've always thought a majority of the folks who are willing to wait in the most ridiculous of lines were 1st time guests not staying on site & were unfamiliar with the FastPass system. I know, there is information all around, but that's what I usually attribute the dirty looks to when going through the FP line & bypassing the standby. It's surprising how many folks think you need to pay in some manner to have FP privileges.

For us, 20-30 minutes is the max. If there's an attraction we really want to hit, such as TSM or Soarin', we'll plan our morning around on that. Otherwise, we'll grab a FP, or if they're out, we'll walk on by.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I once waited 2 & 1/2 hours for rocket rods. I am a sucker when it comes to my DD. However after her disappointment in RR she told me we would never wait that long again. Since I usually go off season its 20 minutes or less, fastpass or skip it.
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll agree about 1st time guests, but I don't know if they don't understand Fastpass. During busy times of the year, all the Fastpasses can be gone really early! In July we wanted to do Splash but the wait was over 2 hours. This was 1 in the afternoon, and the earliest Fast pass return time was 10:00! Shortly thereafter, they ran out entirely, so anyone arriving after 2 or so wouldn't even be able to get a Fast Pass - it would be wait in line, or skip it.

Quote Originally Posted by KylesMom View Post
    This question has come up in our family before . . . just speculation, of course, but we've always thought a majority of the folks who are willing to wait in the most ridiculous of lines were 1st time guests not staying on site & were unfamiliar with the FastPass system. I know, there is information all around, but that's what I usually attribute the dirty looks to when going through the FP line & bypassing the standby. It's surprising how many folks think you need to pay in some manner to have FP privileges.

For us, 20-30 minutes is the max. If there's an attraction we really want to hit, such as TSM or Soarin', we'll plan our morning around on that. Otherwise, we'll grab a FP, or if they're out, we'll walk on by.

Post Thanks / Like

Even waiting as long as 30 minutes is pushing it for us. There have only been two exceptions, the first was a 45 minute wait to meet Jack Sparrow, and the second was probably over an hour to meet the fairies.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: