Quantcast best hotel for short visit

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default best hotel for short visit

We are headed to Disney in August of 2011 and we are only staying for a short time. We want to stay on site but spend a lot of money. So what is a best bang for the buck? All stars, POP or moderate hotels and if so which one? Thanks for any and all help.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends on 2 things: 1.) What discount is available and 2.) How much will you actually be staying at the resort? With regards to #2, if you're pretty much only sleeping at the resort and not using any of the amenities, then the moderates aren't worth it. They're very nice, but why pay for something you don't use? However, if you like the hang out at the pools, have extra dining options, and plan on enjoying the resort the moderate is worth it. If not, go for any of the values. They are all very nice.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

to strmchsr above... with one caveat, if you need a larger bed to sleep well, then the queen beds at Coronado Springs are worth your consideration
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Values are fine if you are not on a lounging vacation. Disney is good at busing crowds around. It does take time to park hop or go back to the room, but you may find you need the breaks anyway. I have enjoyed POP many times and Riverside once. Just get up early!!

Post Thanks / Like

agreed with the above posters.

I use the resort for a place to sleep, eat, and have a drink at the poolside bar. Other than the arcade I rarely use much else at the resort. Obviously there is little reason for me to spend the money for a moderate since I never spend more than a few days there. Longer stays would definately benefit from a more posh hotel but for quick stays values are the way to go.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it depends on what factors into your "bang for your buck". For us, the moderates are definitely worth it - a nice compromise. I can't stomach the money of a deluxe at this point, but definitely like the atmosphere of Port Orleans, where we've stayed. The values just feel too "frantic" if you know what I mean. I love the parks, but need to feel like I'm getting some "down" time as well. As far as acutal amenities go, the option of a sit down restaurant and the quiet pools are both very important to us. Staying at a Value with less "pool" space and only the food court would leave us feeling deprived.

Post Thanks / Like

For a short stay i would definitely recommend the POP. We stayed there for 14 + days and had no complaints. Absolutely love the themeing, pools and food court there !!! Then again, we spend most of our time in the parks or DTD so we don't spend much time in the room at all.
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PittFan View Post
    For a short stay i would definitely recommend the POP. We stayed there for 14 + days and had no complaints. Absolutely love the themeing, pools and food court there !!! Then again, we spend most of our time in the parks or DTD so we don't spend much time in the room at all.

....I have to agree. Great theming....great poolside bar.....it's own bus line (saves time)....and the staff there has always proven to be great. Even though we're at the parks 90% of the time...it's really a great resort that lets you be both budget conscious...and have an enjoyable resort experience.

....and many of the rooms have been recently renovated too.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the comments. I think it will be POP for us in August. We are on a budget and spend about 70% of the time at the parks. As long as we have someplace to rest our heads at night we should be fine.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

Share This Thread On Social Media: