Quantcast That little thing you do.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That little thing you do.

What is the one little annoying thing that the person that you love does that makes you go huh?
    Mine is…when my husband eats fried chicken he eats it plain. No sauce at all. Won’t even think about putting anything on it. But, when he eats fried chicken tenders, he will not eat it unless he has honey mustard. Now what is the difference? It tastes the same to me whether it has a bone in it or not.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Too funny! Sorry, but I have to agree with the hubby on this one. I will state my case:
    Fried chicken still has the skin on, which makes it way too greasy for anything else. Grease and any dip is like oil and water...to me, anyway.
    Chicken tenders have no skin, so they are not too greasy. They can handle a little moisture from a dip(straight honey is my favorite).
    That's my case and I'm sticking too it!
    Now, my DH puts french dressing on his tenders, and that just bothers me to no end!
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

If my husband grocery shops or we shop together, he won't do the buy 1-get 1 free. Say, for example, we're buying bread and they have the special buy 1 get 1 free on the brand we buy. I say, great, two for one! And I pick up both. He says, "honey, come on, we don't need two. One will just go bad." Frustrates me! Come on, it's free bread. Who cares if we only eat half a loaf? Now I know it's not "free" free, and that the prices go up and down depending and all that blah. But if it's what we normally buy anyway, and they want to give me one for buying one, why would I say no? We always argue about this when the store has those specials.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

We have been married 18 years and I love him dearly, but he also eats his pizza with a knife and fork. This past summer at Disney, his plastic fork melted in his pizza. He held it up and all of the tines were bent over. We just told him that is why you don’t eat pizza with a fork. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    If my husband grocery shops or we shop together, he won't do the buy 1-get 1 free. Say, for example, we're buying bread and they have the special buy 1 get 1 free on the brand we buy. I say, great, two for one! And I pick up both. He says, "honey, come on, we don't need two. One will just go bad." Frustrates me! Come on, it's free bread. Who cares if we only eat half a loaf? Now I know it's not "free" free, and that the prices go up and down depending and all that blah. But if it's what we normally buy anyway, and they want to give me one for buying one, why would I say no? We always argue about this when the store has those specials.
    DH and I are the opposite! I never want to do the "2 for 1" thing, although, I do it with bread because you can put it in the freezer!

DH drives me crazy with the "weird" food combinations he likes. He does it because he knows it drives me crazy. There is no way that anyone could actually enjoy eating some of the stuff he likes...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

O.K. I know you're going to say I asked for it...but, my husband used to do the grocery shopping (until I figured out how much money he was spending). He took DS and DD1 with him. He would buy random proteins, telling the kids, let's see what she can do with this You see, we rate dinners--over 5 can be cooked again, under 5, please no! So my "Huh??!" is all those random proteins!
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnek View Post
    O.K. .... He would buy random proteins...
    I have never had a protein that I did not like.

Since no one will chime in about me. I will talk about myself. I have a sort of table etiquette that bothers others. I do not like trash on our dining table. If I go to a restaurant with someone; I do not like them using our dining table as their common trash can. It bugs people to death that I will clean the table off during dinner. So, that's my thing. Just let my OCD do it's thing. I must say that I am in no way a neat freak either. I am a cluttery person, just not a filthy person.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

My sweetie refuses to eat leftovers. Once it touches his plate if it doesn't go into his mouth immediately, it is gross/dirty/inedible.

I personally love to cook, and will make large casseroles on the weekends, but he never eats from them unless it is right after it comes out of the oven. Ditto with restaurant food. He'll get the doggy bag out of politeness, then leave it in the fridge for weeks, or refuse to eat it when I give it to him. He claims it is food safety, but I'm sorry, there is absolutely nothing wrong with food a few hours old, covered properly in the fridge. A week old, yeah, I agree it's gross.

I told him he can eat it or cook for himself. So far he cooks, so win-win! :-)
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I'm just an all around annoying human being, so I'm quite certain DW would need multiple posts to answer this question about me ...

Me for her? Nothin' ... she's perfect. And she reads these boards. And that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm just an all around annoying human being, so I'm quite certain DW would need multiple posts to answer this question about me ...

Me for her? Nothin' ... she's perfect. And she reads these boards. And that's my story. And I'm stickin' to it.
    Good Answer Ian!!!

Fred is perfect too...I'm sticking too it! Maybe a little messy at times, but all in all no complaints...LOL!
    Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll add another one (or two) since some of us are taking the high road. Not just the husband for this one but also my kids. I seem to be the only one in my house who shuts the kitchen cabinets. Drives me crazy. You get something out. Shut the cabinet. You put something in. Shut the cabinet. Seems so logical to me, and yet-- my cabinets are always wide open, as if it's such a terrible amount of work to close them. They're not heavy doors!

Also, I am the only one in my house who has mastered putting toilet paper on the roller. Yay me! Such an advanced technical skill. Apparently.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Something along the lines of what Sherri said...

My DH never fully closes his dresser/bureau drawers, or kitchen drawers....any drawers. He leaves them just sticking out ever so slightly. Drives me insane. Certifiably insane.
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

There are several very small things he and the kids do that send me over the edge, but the biggest thing is the whole dishes/dishwasher thing. If the dishes in the dishwasher are dirty or the machine is empty, then put your dishes in it when you finish. I call it the rinse and remove method. Rinse them off and remove them from the sink.

I will admit that the thing I do that infuriates my DH the most is my shoes. They're everywhere--by the door, in the bathroom, behind the sofa, under the coffee table. I try and have gotten better, but where I pause it where they come off.
    °O°Amy °O° DVC Member
    2011 Dec-Poly with the grandparents--whoo-hoo!!!
    2011 June-SSR!!!!!
    2008 Aug-Colbey&Gray's Birthday surprise-SSR/OKW
    2008 June-SSR
    2006 June-Port Orleans Riverside
    2004 Easter-CSR
    1988 May-Graduation
    1982 Offsite
    1980 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

The most annoying thing, my DBF will only eat one thing at a time on his plate. I love to cook and I plan meals around everything going together and then he eats all the protein, then the vegetable, then the starch.

Always irks me!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Sherri--the toilet paper thing is an epidemic
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My husband will NOT clean out the sink strainer. I'll start making dinner and look in the sink to find soggy cereal that has been sitting there all day. EEEEWWW.

He basically said that if it bothers me, then I should do it. My point was if he loved me, he would do it BEFORE I found it because he knows it bothers me!!

Kathy
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thought of one that really drives me insane!!!

DH leaves his dirty clothes on the floor. All. The. Time.

I hate it. Part of me wants to leave it there and just see how much piles up before he gets the hint. The other part of me cannot stand to look at it, so I pick it up and put it in the hamper.

The worst is when he leaves the dirty clothes on the floor RIGHT NEXT TO the hamper.

Needless to say, I've trained our boys very well. They know where their hamper is, and what to do with their clothes!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

My husband is a loud eater. He makes this smacking noise with his mouth when he eats, then after he's he takes air through his teeth ( well I guess the space between his teeth would be more accurate; makes like a sucking noise). It is so annoying! Me and the kids are always telling him. LOL. I will have to ask him what he would say about me.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

Last night at dinner DH and both DD's were making slurping sounds with their soup. This I overlooked. But after dinner I asked them why it was that only 1 chair was pushed in? (of course it was mine) They said they were waiting for me to do it while I mumbled. Then they started to laugh. Although I know they were making fun of me, I laughed too.

I won't eat leftovers either, drives DH crazy.

And the toilet paper thing? Very advanced skills are needed to learn it. My family had come to the conclusion that if there is still one square no matter how scraggly it looks it's not quite empty so it doesn't need changing!
    Cyndi
    aka Maia and Lindsay's Mom

Up next: Caribbean Beach, December 2014

Post Thanks / Like

My wonderful husband cannot eat cereal quietly. It used to bother me enormously, but now I try to remember all of his good traits when he's loudly enjoying his cereal.

Also, when he puts the dishes away I always have to play hide n seek to find things. It's like, "I wonder where he put the cookie sheet and knives THIS time." But at least he unloads the dishwasher!

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: