Quantcast Help! Cannot decide

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Cannot decide

I am having such a hard time deciding on my next Disney trip. Maybe some of you can assist me.

I know for sure that we are going to stay at Art of Animation in a car suite. It will be me, my husband and our 12 year old boys.

Here are our choices:

7 nights the week of Columbus Day 2013

8 nights the week after Thanksgiving 2013

9 nights the 2nd and 3rd week of August 2013

There are pros and cons to each and I cannot decide. I have gone in October and November previously
    Jen
    Massachusetts

October 1995 - Carribean Beach

November 2007 - All Star Movies

August 2016 - All Star Music/Port Orleans Riverside

August 2019 - All Star Music/Polynesian

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd vote for October. IMO, that week should be the least crowded. The weather should be better than the last week of August as well!

I've done the week before Thanksgiving, but I've heard Thanksgiving week can be madness.

So, I'd go for October! Either way, you'll have a great time, I'm sure!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

You're probably going to get lots of different preferences on this question.

I'd probably pick the week after Thanksgiving. I love being there for the Christmas holiday celebrations. The one big downside of this time of year could be the weather - cold weather is not unknown and could even involve hats and mittens.

October would be my second choice. Love Mickey's Not So Scary party. Crowds at this time should be moderate and weather quite nice though tropical storms/hurricanes could be remolte possibility.

Crowds are beginning to diminish towards the later part of August but not completely gone plus it is very hot and humid. Daily thunderstorms are almost a certainty and it is part of the hurricane season so there is a remote possibility of this as well. Third choice for me.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Dw in October, December, Feb, and June. And from those expieriences we would do October over and over again!'
    1982 Off Site 4 Days
    2006 All Star Music 10 Days
    2008 Pop Century 10 Days

2009 all star movies 10 days
    2010 all star Music 5 days
    2011 Port Orleans Riverside 10 days
    2013 Port Orleans Riverside 9 days
    2015 Caribbean Resort 10 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    You're probably going to get lots of different preferences on this question.

I'd probably pick the week after Thanksgiving. I love being there for the Christmas holiday celebrations. The one big downside of this time of year could be the weather - cold weather is not unknown and could even involve hats and mittens.

October would be my second choice. Love Mickey's Not So Scary party. Crowds at this time should be moderate and weather quite nice though tropical storms/hurricanes could be remolte possibility.

Crowds are beginning to diminish towards the later part of August but not completely gone plus it is very hot and humid. Daily thunderstorms are almost a certainty and it is part of the hurricane season so there is a remote possibility of this as well. Third choice for me.
    This would absolutely be my choice! Crowds go down week after Thanksgiving and the Christmas feel at Disneyworld is just so magical!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Week after Thanksgiving. Don't miss the Candlelight Processional! Been Columbus Day week many times, crowded, hot and humid. I would plan on getting there the Saturday night of Thanksgiving....crowds will be crazy that weekend.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: