Quantcast MLB Playoffs

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like

Default MLB Playoffs

So is your team in? How do you like their chances? If your team is not in the playoffs, is there a team you are rooting for?
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, where to start? It's crazy for our household this year. Braves in - YAY! So happy for Bobby, but I'm pretty certain they don't have what it takes to get very far. Not a pessimist, just being realistic, especially with the pitching they'll be facing. My adopted hometown Rays are in and I couldn't be happier. Their play in this last month has been just a notch above dismal though. I hope their knowing they were a lock for the playoffs had something to do with that. Now Longo needs to get back healthy and I'll feel a lot better. Can't wait to see what crazy outfits they come up with for travel. They have so much fun with that!

But here's the issue with my family. My DH is a Texan and lifelong Ranger fan, so he's not liking the first round matchup. And my youngest, a Yankee fan through and through. Ugh. Hopefully the Twins can jump on CC, take game 1 and never look back.

I CAN'T WAIT! I October!

Post Thanks / Like

Go BRAVES!

(But...I don't hold out much hope...they just aren't hitting the ball right now.)
    1980 Disneyland
    2004 & 2006 Pop
    2008 AKL
    2010 CBR
    2011 POFQ & WL
    2012 CSR & Contemporary
    2013 Villas @ WL Christmas Family Trip
    2014 YC 25th Anniversary Trip
    2015 AoA Spring Family Trip
    2016 Move to Florida and AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

GO Twins, GO!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

My Red Sox are not in ---- so I guess I'll cheer on the Rays. So long as the Yankees don't win; I'll be happy with whatever team wins the World Series.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

First off, I was happy to see the Rays win the East and not the Yankees. I've been wrong before about them, but I wouldn't be at all shocked the see the Yankees ousted in the first round. Their pitching is a mess and they've been playing dismally the last month or so. You've got to go in on a roll.

That being said, they're the Yankees and the defending World Champs so they basically deserve respect until proven otherwise.

I'm very happy with the way the NL playoff picture played out. The Phils have their rotation set, drew probably the most favorable first round match-up they could have, and are going in smokin' hot.

I'm really excited for Wednesday!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Go Reds!!! It's been a long time coming and I'm so excited we're in the play offs!!!!
    It's not easy being green....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    First off, I was happy to see the Rays win the East and not the Yankees.
    So was I...I don't think anyone wants a piece of Texas in the first round. Coming in as the wild card actually works to the Yankees advantage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    So was I...I don't think anyone wants a piece of Texas in the first round. Coming in as the wild card actually works to the Yankees advantage.
    Well, after Lee, I'm not that impressed with the Rangers' pitching staff, and Lee is banged up this year (though I put nothing past him in the post season).

Remember, the Twins now play in an outdoor stadium. Yes it is cold in NYC, but it's colder in Minneapolis! Also, this year, they have a better DH in Jim Thome.

Never mentioned who I was rooting for (though I think you all know who my #1 team is ). Besides the Phillies, I am most definitely rooting for the Rays. I like the team, but it is more for my parents, especially my Dad. My Dad passed away in July (I did not really publicize it to the boards) due to complications from cancer. My parents adopted the Rays when they retired to Clearwater and Dad enjoyed going to games, with me flying down at least once a year to join him at a game, and we always talked about how each of our teams were doing when we talked on the phone, right up to the point where he could not talk anymore. Dad went to playoff games in 2008. Sadly, my Dad passed away a couple of weeks before Garza threw his no-hitter, but we all watched for him.

Our family will be watching, with Mom wearing Dad's Rays shirt.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

My team is the Pirates who definately are NOT in it with the worst record in baseball and a losing record for the past 18 yrs. *sigh* I'll be rooting for the Yankees with my DH.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to admit this, but being a Red Sox fan, I am rooting for the 7 teams that aren't the Yankees. Sadly, in any given years, those still aren't great odds.

I would like to see the Rays win one, but I'm also pulling for the Reds, if only for old friend, Bronson Arroyo.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    My team is the Pirates who definately are NOT in it with the worst record in baseball and a losing record for the past 18 yrs. *sigh* I'll be rooting for the Yankees with my DH.
    Kathy, in the MLB regular season wrap up thread, I actually speak about the Pirates, especially for you! Hang with 'em, Kathy, and I'll hope that that they will someday get better ownership .
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Kathy, in the MLB regular season wrap up thread, I actually speak about the Pirates, especially for you! Hang with 'em, Kathy, and I'll hope that that they will someday get better ownership .
    Thanks Christine! They fired John Russell today so maybe we'll get someone in there who can work with the young talent we do have. I truly believe that with proper management these kids can turn it around - not to make the playoffs but to at least have a winning season and not be the laughingstock of baseball. As for ownership, I think we're unfortunately stuck with them for a while.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone must be in shock over the first day of the playoffs! Observations:

1) Guess Roy Halladay didn't have any jitters from being in the playoffs for the first time! My favorite comment from after the game came from Roy Oswalt when he recounted a conversation with Cole Hamels, "Glad I don't have to pitch next"

2) Rays have got to covert better with runners in scoring position. Don't know why they had Baldelli instead of Aybar in as DH.

3) Night game was pretty good, but if I was a Yankee fan, I would be a bit nervous as your ace did well, but he did not shut them down like Lee and Halladay did their opponents, which is what an ace should do. If you have to be bringing in Rivera in the eighth for the first round, he may be worn out by the later rounds.
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

2) Rays have got to covert better with runners in scoring position. Don't know why they had Baldelli instead of Aybar in as DH.
    He's not on the roster. At least he didn't throw a fit and leave when he was told like Dioner Navarro did.

My fears were confirmed with this first game. Not sure what's up with this team, and even Longo being back didn't spark them. No doubt, leaving men on base like that will not win you games. That first inning bases loaded strike out by Baldelli was a killer.

Post Thanks / Like

Night game was pretty good, but if I was a Yankee fan, I would be a bit nervous as your ace did well, but he did not shut them down like Lee and Halladay did their opponents, which is what an ace should do. If you have to be bringing in Rivera in the eighth for the first round, he may be worn out by the later rounds.
    Yankees haven't been playing well as of late - they actually should have finished first rather than making it into the playoffs as a wild card team. It is nerve-wracking to a Yankee fan (and his family!). Hopefully they figure out what has them in this slump and fix it quick or this may be a short post-season for them.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    Yankees haven't been playing well as of late - they actually should have finished first rather than making it into the playoffs as a wild card team.
    And the same could be said for the Rays if they'd been the wild card.

Oh, and major props to Halladay. Amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    He's not on the roster. At least he didn't throw a fit and leave when he was told like Dioner Navarro did.

My fears were confirmed with this first game. Not sure what's up with this team, and even Longo being back didn't spark them. No doubt, leaving men on base like that will not win you games. That first inning bases loaded strike out by Baldelli was a killer.
    My Mom and I were saying it was a really stupid move by Maddon to not have Aybar on the playoff roster and it was proven with Baldelli's strikeout in the first. We aren't talking Mike Sweeney here who has never been on a playoff team. He was on the Red Sox after he left the Rays the first time!

I had to laugh talking to my Mom after the game. She was ranting on how Maddon deserved to be fired for the move. I asked her if she was channeling Dad with her reaction!
    Christine șoș

Post Thanks / Like

I had to laugh talking to my Mom after the game. She was ranting on how Maddon deserved to be fired for the move. I asked her if she was channeling Dad with her reaction!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to many sporting events in my life and as most of you probably know by now I am a partial season ticket holder for the Phillies. I was lucky enough to be sitting in section 211, row 10, seat 10 for last night's no hitter. By far the single most memorable game I have ever witnessed in person. The last two inning we were handing out high fives for every strike. Our section was great. I'm glad I bought my program before the game, the line afterward was insane!

LET'S GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: