Quantcast Getting to Universal

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting to Universal

What would be the best way to get there from Disney? We are staying at POR. Thanks
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The best way would be to do Quicksilver. I think it's $75 round trip, but that's a personal transfer with knowledgeable driver and comfortable vehicle. Your other options are take a taxi, which would cost about as much or rent a car for a day (again, would cost about the same as Quicksilver). I haven't checked in a while, but I know Mears used to do shuttle runs to Universal from the Disney resorts. Cost $16 or so per person round trip. I don't know if they still do that.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    The best way would be to do Quicksilver. I think it's $75 round trip, but that's a personal transfer with knowledgeable driver and comfortable vehicle. Your other options are take a taxi, which would cost about as much or rent a car for a day (again, would cost about the same as Quicksilver). I haven't checked in a while, but I know Mears used to do shuttle runs to Universal from the Disney resorts. Cost $16 or so per person round trip. I don't know if they still do that.
    Would the taxi be cheaper if you get it from DTD versus your resort?
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. A taxi from Downtown Disney Marketplace to Universal is around 25 bucks one-way.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

I can answer this as we just got back and I did a lot of research.
    What I found was renting a car for the day by taking a bus to the on site car rental was cheapest if you have a more than a couple of people going. The rate I found for one day was 40 something.

For just two people (which was our situation) the Mears shuttle was easiest and cheapest. It is $18 per person for round trip service from your resort. You call them the night before you want to go and they will set up a pickup time with youand will pick you up from your hotel's main bus stop. We shared the shuttle with a couple of other couples also goign to universal, and they were on time and very friendly. They dropped us off at universal and gave us vouchers for the ride home. Then you call 2 hours before you want to be picked up and they will pick you up from the same bus stop you were dropped off at. It was very easy, I'd use them again. I can't remember the number but it is on their website.
    Many trips as a child offsite
    1995 Disney Cruise/Old key west
    New Years 2001 Caribbean Beach Resort
    March 2006 Offsite
    Sept 2010 Coronado Springs Resort
    November 2013 POR
    Sept/oct 2014 cars room at AOA
    Next trip: too long!

Post Thanks / Like

We will have our own car. How long does it take to get from POP to Universal? We want to get there for park opening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
    We will have our own car. How long does it take to get from POP to Universal? We want to get there for park opening.
    20-30 min depending on traffic.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from Disney and US trips and used a towncar service. We stayed at Coronado Springs and it took about 20 minutes to get us to US. They were $45 one way to US and since we stayed at Lowes Royal Pacific, they included transport to the airport at the end of our trip.
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good post, as I know someone who is going in December and they have everything set, except for figuring out how they are going to get the 8 people in their party to and from US. Course they prefer cheapest. They are staying at ASM, I believe.
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: