Quantcast Survivor: Nicaragua - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow--last week the docs won The Amazing Race and now Fabio goes all the way on Survivor. Great results and both well deserved! Fabio was not nearly as dumb as everyone took him for at first. And so glad that Sash didn't get even one vote!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy with Fabio for the win, but when he was trying to sound intellectual on the reunion show, I was cracking up. He was trying too hard! I think he's cute though, as in cute, he's young enough to be my kid, cute.

Jane for fan favorite? Biggest margin of victory in the show's history? Seriously? Yuck!

Shannon came off looking like even more a jerk on the reunion, and NaOnka is delusional. I'm glad to hear of the new rule.

I actually think the twist for next season sounds good. Shake things up a bit. It's not the first time folks have come back though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Happy with Fabio for the win, but when he was trying to sound intellectual on the reunion show, I was cracking up. He was trying too hard! I think he's cute though, as in cute, he's young enough to be my kid, cute.

Jane for fan favorite? Biggest margin of victory in the show's history? Seriously? Yuck!

Shannon came off looking like even more a jerk on the reunion, and NaOnka is delusional. I'm glad to hear of the new rule.

I actually think the twist for next season sounds good. Shake things up a bit. It's not the first time folks have come back though.
    Fabio, yay! Yes, he's cute, in the way he reminds me of some of my son's friends. I loved Sash not getting votes. Well deserved. Surprised it was so close between Chase and Jud. I'm also a little surprised at the Jane fan favorite vote. Shannon, wow, yes, so glad he didn't get far. I wanted more sparks at the final TC, but it went well overall.

I'm not a big fan of the new twist, but we'll see how it plays out. I can't think of anyone ever being voted out and getting to come back into the game. It has always been that once you're voted out, you're out. I have a bad feeling that we could see someone we don't want back come back.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I can't think of anyone ever being voted out and getting to come back into the game. It has always been that once you're voted out, you're out. I have a bad feeling that we could see someone we don't want back come back.
    I'm pretty sure it's happened before. I'll need to do some digging, but I do remember someone returning....at least I think it was Survivor.

ETA: It was Pearl Islands.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure it's happened before. I'll need to do some digging, but I do remember someone returning....at least I think it was Survivor.

ETA: It was Pearl Islands.
    I can't remember that ever happening. Maybe in an all-star season? But I really think you're remembering wrong, or I am. Anyone else remember a player ever coming back in the game after being voted out?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember that ever happening. Maybe in an all-star season? But I really think you're remembering wrong, or I am. Anyone else remember a player ever coming back in the game after being voted out?
    Here's part of the article from Wikipedia, Sherri.

Upon arrival at their next challenge, the tribes found they faced another twist, as the six voted-off players were returned to the game as an "outcast tribe". In the subsequent challenge, the outcasts' tribe beat out Morgan and Drake; both would be required to vote off a player at separate tribal councils, while the outcasts' tribe would vote in two players to return to the game in their places. Osten used this opportunity to quit the game at tribal council. Jeff Probst expressed open disgust at Osten's decision to quit. The outcasts' tribe selected Lill and Burton to return to the game, both, by chance, returning to their original tribes but having immunity at the next tribal council.
    And then Lill ended up coming in 2nd place.

Post Thanks / Like

It was two people in the same season. Sounds right that it was Pearl Islands. It was a lady that was a boy scout leader and I forget the other person.
    Hope that helps jog your memory! I don't remember why they came back though..

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes! Thanks, Melanie and Candace. It was between that Lillian woman (the boy scout leader) and some other guy coming back, and viewers were not happy with the twist, if I recall. So you're right. Weird. I think I blocked it out because I didn't like it. Now it is all coming back to me. No, I really don't think I will like this aspect of the game.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Wow--last week the docs won The Amazing Race ...
    Thanks, Beth. Hadn't watched the finale of TAR yet.

Yeah, I don't get that at all. During the show she irritated me to no end and after it was over she irritated me more! She's the only player in history that I can remember who looked worse after getting voted off than they did during the show! BLECH!!! America is loopy ...

I think the twist sounds kind of interesting. It will certainly add a new dynamic to the show as people will really have to consider their votes more carefully knowing that the person they vote off (or potentially stab in the back) could come back later on in the game.

I think it will make it much harder for people to sell someone out or doublecross them.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, between Chase, Fabio and Sash, I really wanted Chase to get it because I didn't think he would make it and Fabio just irritated me at the end. But I'm glad Sash didn't get a single vote. Fabio is just off the wall and makes no sense when he talks. Especially at the last show. I think I'm ok with Jane winning the other award. She fought very hard for her age and size and she might be irritating when she talks but she was very savy and did her homework before the show. At least she looked better on this last show. Boy, did Holly clean up well. I kind of would have enjoyed seeing her win it at the end. I didn't think I would but kind of liked how she turned out at the end.

I really am glad they are changing the rules about people quitting and the jury. I don't think NaOnka and Purple Kelly should have ever been on the jury or their vote count. This was not my favorite show this year and they are going to have to make some improvements for me to watch the next one. I'm not sure I will like the people voted off being able to come back but at least they make them work for it and it will make the others think twice about who they vote off.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    During the show she irritated me to no end and after it was over she irritated me more! She's the only player in history that I can remember who looked worse after getting voted off than they did during the show! BLECH!!! America is loopy ...
    Yahoo! My boy Fabio won, but it was oddly unsatisfying because the show focused more on the irritating contestants. I guess that's what everyone was interested in, but it sure took some of the shine off Fabio's win.

Jane - I'm guessing everyone in South Carolina voted multiple times for her. At first, she deserved it, but later on her behavior changed and she was as obnoxious as NaOnka.

What was with all the girls voting for Chase at the end? Alina saying she wanted to vote for "a man"? She was making goo-goo eyes at Chase and sneering at Fabio's youth. Chase was a snake to all his alliance members, as was Sash.

This was the most unlikeable bunch in the history of Survivor, IMHO.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also glad Fabio won, but even more glad that Chase and Sash lost! I didn't like either of them, and I agreed when Dan said that Chase was the dumbest person to ever play Survivor. Sash just seemed slimey in a used car salesman kind of way. I was also glad to hear Jeff say that parents had called the school(s?) where NaOnka works and said they didn't want her teaching their children! Amen! After last night and her "defense" of the way she acted on the show, I'm convinced she has some kind of personality disorder. At the very least, she's in serious denial about what kind of person she really is.

I'm looking forward to next season, and I think the twist sounds interesting, but will have to wait and see how it plays out. Regardless, next season has to be better than this one. It can't be much worse, can it?
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    I was also glad to hear Jeff say that parents had called the school(s?) where NaOnka works and said they didn't want her teaching their children! Amen! After last night and her "defense" of the way she acted on the show, I'm convinced she has some kind of personality disorder. At the very least, she's in serious denial about what kind of person she really is.
    Do you remember how many times in the game she said she was being real, this is the real NaOnka, this is me-- it's not just the game. And now she's saying it's all for the game? Yeah, she is something. I can't believe she didn't lose her job when teaching sportsmanship is part of her job. It's only a game in gym class, too, right? So poor sportsmanship must be okay?
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    I'm not sure I will like the people voted off being able to come back but at least they make them work for it and it will make the others think twice about who they vote off.
    I wonder if the remaining tribe members will know? It's just going to be one going back in, right? Did they say in the preview when the redemption player would go back in? I took it as one player is voted off, goes to redemption island, waits for next one voted off, they duel or whatever, one remains and then repeat. Is that right? If so, then those still playing won't be aware they might see the ones they voted off again.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember how many times in the game she said she was being real, this is the real NaOnka, this is me-- it's not just the game. And now she's saying it's all for the game? Yeah, she is something. I can't believe she didn't lose her job when teaching sportsmanship is part of her job. It's only a game in gym class, too, right? So poor sportsmanship must be okay?
    Yep, I was thinking the exact same thing when she was talking during the reunion show! The whole season she went on and on about how she is who she is and she's not going to change for anyone and this is the real her...she really changed her tune once it was all aired on national TV!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Thanks, Beth. Hadn't watched the finale of TAR yet.
    Sorry, Ian. Since the TAR finale was a week ago it never occurred to me that there were still folks out there who hadn't watched it.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laprana View Post
    Yep, I was thinking the exact same thing when she was talking during the reunion show! The whole season she went on and on about how she is who she is and she's not going to change for anyone and this is the real her...she really changed her tune once it was all aired on national TV!
    And once her Principals had called her on the carpet about it. I can't believe she didn't get fired from at least one school if not all. What does that say about our schools that they put up with stuff like this from the teachers of our children. You know the kids watched the show and now think, "well she does it, so it must be okay to act like that and not get into trouble for it". Her mother didn't act like she really wanted to comment on her actions, but of course, what mother would on National TV.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I just came across some spoilers for next season (which will be revealed from the start) and let's just say I am not thrilled....at all. Bah humbug!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I just came across some spoilers for next season (which will be revealed from the start) and let's just say I am not thrilled....at all. Bah humbug!
    Oh no. Haven't seen spoilers, but if you're not thrilled, it doesn't bode well.
    Sherri

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: