Quantcast will the Poly ever get a hot tub???
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us
     

INTERCOT Ads
 

 
 

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Evansville, Indiana
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default will the Poly ever get a hot tub???

    It is the one thing that keeps us from going back! Other then that it is the perfect hotel! Seems silly I know but we gotta have our hot tub time! We went to the contemporary's one night but found it too much of a hassel. Just wondering if anyone has heard any talks if they would ever put one in! Thanks!
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The kids fountain area would make a great location. Just saying....
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I so agree that the Poly should have a hot tub! Of all resorts, it seems the one most in need, and yet oddly deprived of one.

    Next time, though, know that you can walk over and use the one at the GF Spa. It's closer than the Contemporary and actually designated for use by the Poly guests (a short walk, but still a hassle as it's not at the Polynesian beach or pool area). The one at the Contemporary is technically off limits to guests at the Polynesian unless you're a DVC member, and then different rules apply (I think, not sure).
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This the the MOST bizarre thing about that property. For the life of me, I cannot understand the reasoning behind no hot tub there. Hot tubs are so small. They can be integrated into any poolscape. Disney really dropped the ball on this one.

    It's the reason why I won't stay there. Among other things lacking (a fitness center, dual sinks in many rooms, lack of second story balconies...)
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    This the the MOST bizarre thing about that property. For the life of me, I cannot understand the reasoning behind no hot tub there. Hot tubs are so small. They can be integrated into any poolscape. Disney really dropped the ball on this one.

    It's the reason why I won't stay there. Among other things lacking (a fitness center, dual sinks in many rooms, lack of second story balconies...)
    Again, the Fitness Center is at the GF Spa, and really, having made the walk from both resorts, it's not far from either property and pretty much right in the middle of them. The GF, of course, has another hot tub. I don't mind making the walk for the fitness center (it's a beautiful set-up) and yet, I really would prefer a beach/pool area hot tub at the Polynesian just for Poly guests.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Evansville, Indiana
    Posts
    477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well i'm glad it's not just me!! I wonder how long of a walk it is to the hot tub at the GF? If I got a really good pin code I may consider going back to the Poly!! They redid the pool area a few years back and I thought for sure they would put one in!!
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiloLovesTheKing26 View Post
    Well i'm glad it's not just me!! I wonder how long of a walk it is to the hot tub at the GF? If I got a really good pin code I may consider going back to the Poly!! They redid the pool area a few years back and I thought for sure they would put one in!!
    It's the hot tub at the GF Spa. The one at the GF Courtyard Pool is just for GF guests. And it's less than a five minute walk from the Great Ceremonial House just up the beach toward the GF. The downside is that it's an indoor hot tub and I believe, separate tubs for men and women (in the locker room areas) though I could be wrong on that, but that's what it looked like to me when I was there for spa treatments.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    6,624
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    It's the hot tub at the GF Spa. The one at the GF Courtyard Pool is just for GF guests. And it's less than a five minute walk from the Great Ceremonial House just up the beach toward the GF. The downside is that it's an indoor hot tub and I believe, separate tubs for men and women (in the locker room areas) though I could be wrong on that, but that's what it looked like to me when I was there for spa treatments.
    Not sure if there are other hot tubs located at the GF spa, but when DH and I did a couples massage the only hot tubs we saw were indeed in the locker room lounge areas. And they were separate tubs for men and women.
    Denise

    Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

    Next Trip: ???

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wild Wonderful WV
    Posts
    4,152
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weird for sure with it being a deluxe.....POR, our favorite Mod, has a hot tub at the main pool, and some people just snub their noses at Mods, but hey, at least "we" have a hot tub.....just sayn'...
    80 1st./04POR/05POR/06POR/07POR/08POR/09POR/10POR/
    11PORJan/11PORApr/12ASPJun/12AKLJul/12POPNov/13AKL/
    14FQJun/14POPJul/14PORNov/15POPFeb/15FQJun/15AoADec/16ASPNov/17AoAJun/ 17POPSep/18CBJun/19PORApr/

    IN GOD WE TRUST !!

    STEELERS, SIX TIME SUPERBOWL CHAMPS

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Again, the Fitness Center is at the GF Spa, and really, having made the walk from both resorts, it's not far from either property and pretty much right in the middle of them. The GF, of course, has another hot tub. I don't mind making the walk for the fitness center (it's a beautiful set-up) and yet, I really would prefer a beach/pool area hot tub at the Polynesian just for Poly guests.
    Yeah, but when you're staying in Tahiti building...it's QUITE a walk. It's an inconvenience, is what it comes down to. An onsite gym is very important to us on vacation. I think it's just wrong to not have one AT the Poly, considering the prices they charge...

    And the hot tub issue is just ridiculous...

    Plus, the GF spa hot tub is only accessible during GF spa HOURS. So, not all that convenient for late night hot tubbing.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Elgin.TX,USA
    Posts
    1,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow I didn't realize they didn't have one. I thought all the resorts had them. It is soooo nice to relax in one after a long day at the parks when you can't afford a massage. Have they ever had a comment card in the room that you could fill out? Great suggestion.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    no longer in Oceanport, New Jersey (sad)
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I know that the quiet pool at the Poly is going down for a refurb soon, theoretically they can stick one in there. But then people will probably complain that it's not by the volcano pool. Oh, well.
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

    'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'


    CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    15,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    I know that the quiet pool at the Poly is going down for a refurb soon, theoretically they can stick one in there. But then people will probably complain that it's not by the volcano pool. Oh, well.
    Maybe not. The hot tub at the GF is at the courtyard pool, considered their quiet pool. And WDW must field lots of complaints on this one. I do agree with BrerGnat that it's hardly an ideal solution to have to walk over to the spa just for the hit tub, and not available at all hours. I hope they put one in! I think people would be grateful enough not to care which pool it is near.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,252
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I hope they put one in! I think people would be grateful enough not to care which pool it is near.
    Me too! When we take our "girls trips" to WDW, my sister and friend ALWAYS say they want to stay at the Poly. I really have no desire to, but I'd go with it for them. BUT, when I tell them there's no hot tub there, they go "oh...really???...that stinks...never mind." We like to do late night hot tub soaks after our long, marathon commando park days. It's one of our traditions on our trips. So, Poly is OUT until they put in a hot tub...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site