Quantcast crowds on 12-19 thru 12-22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default crowds on 12-19 thru 12-22

I have a trip planned for Halloween weekend, but I want to change it to Dec. I just love the Xmas atmosphere in Disney during Xmas. My question is I know the crowds are heavy, but how heavy. Enough to stay home or can you still enjoy the parks... I have been in the beginning of Dec. when it’s not as full, but with school I need to wait until break to go..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Right around the 19th or 20th are exactly when the crowds begin to roll in and, once they start, they just keep getting heavier. Personally, I'd probably stick with Halloween.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone from 12/19 to 12/26 for the past 5 years. We booked the same dates for this year as part of a bounce-back, but the crowds have become increasingly worse every year, to the point that we just cancelled this year and rebooked for Feb. Christmas won't be the same without being there, but the the crowd levels are just too bad anymore. We saved $2k by rebooking in Feb, and we will have a lot more fun.

Don't mean to scare you, but I hope this helps!
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, we have gone the first week of Dec. and it used to be perfect, but now its really crowded then too. I think Im going to stick to my original plan. I will book a trip maybe in Jan or Feb to hit the parks..Thanks again..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were at WDW last year from Dec 18th-23rd. It was not crazy crowded at all. I imagine that from the 24th on it gets way more crowded==especially with Christmas occuring on a weekend. I think we've all seen the packed people pics of MK.

We are going from December 20th-26th this year. Our plan is to make sure we see and do the "must do"rides and attractions on the front end of our vacation (using fast pass and early entry to the max) and just go with the flow at the end. We have great ADR's planned and will just enjoy the Christmas spirit at all the parks and resorts.
    Another thought--there is only 3 of us (DH, me and DS-22). Not sure how it would be with a large group.
    No matter what you decide--you'll be with family on a wonderful vacation!
    June 29-July 5th-Shades of Green
    Sep 2013-Port Orleans FQ
    Dec 2010 Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 Pop Century
    Sep 2008 POFQ
    Sep 2006 POFQ
    SOG Dec 2006
    April 2002 All Star
    May 1998 SOG
    June 1993 POFQ
    Disneyland-numerous times since 1966 (Last time-Jul 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

I am leaving on the 16th because right after that is school break and I just can't handle the crowds. I have already had to stop going in the summer because of the crowds. I don't get it. I don't think the economy is as bad as the government leads us to believe because I haven't seen a vacation spot so far that has suffered because of it. Just have fun whichever time you decide on.
    dm2K
    1993 - BC/Cruise; 1996 - BC; 1998 - BC; 2000 - YC; 2002 - FQ; 2004 - Campground/BC; 2005 - POR; 2007 - BWI; 2008 - AKL; Christmas 2010 - BC; 2011 - All Star Sports; 2012 - AKL & WL; 2013 - DL and CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I look at things wrong, but I figure Disney has a pretty good idea of what to expect for crowds. The fact that they are offering discounts for rooms through the 25th leads me to believe they are not expecting huge crowds until then, and are trying to encourage attendance by discounting things. If they were expecting huge crowds, they wouldn't need to offer discounts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I found crowds low until 26th

Hi, there,

From other reports sounds like things may have changed a bit.

My Christmas trip was in Dec 2006, it was very quiet, and we loved it. Numbers did start to increase from about 21st Dec, but still only about 10 minutes queue for attractions.

We were there from 14th - 28th Dec, and I would never want to be there from 26th onwards again. It was shoulder to shoulder in Magic Kingdom, and you just couldn't get anything to eat! But up until Christmas, even Christmas Day crowds were very manageable.

Hope this helps, Christmas is magical at Disney, it has been one of my most favorite times to visit.
    Martin

Previous visits - 4 Off site, then
    Dec 2006 POFQ (Loved it!)
    Aug 2008 POFQ 14 Days
    Aug 2011 Saratoga Springs
    Sept 2015 Saratoga Springs - getting close now

When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.....

Post Thanks / Like

Glad this thread got started because my wife and I are going down this year for Christmas, arriving on the 24th and leaving on the 28th...

I think we have accepted the fact that the crowds will be enormous, and just are going to really see the decorations and the fun Christmas stuff.....we both realize that most of the rides we love will have to be skipped because we refuse to wait over an hour for any ride....

Maybe we will see you down there!
    March 1996 - Dixie Landings
    March 2004 - Pop Century
    September 2007 - Honeymoon - AKL
    October 2008 - Family Trip - Coronado Springs
    Christmas 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    November 2012 - PO French Quarter
    September 2014 - Carribean Beach
    May 2015 - PO Riverside

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: