Quantcast Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

My DH and I are planning a trip to Disney the first week of December. It will be our first solo trip without kids as well as our first time during the holiday's. Is this worth the money? How crowed is the park? I have read other reviews on other sites and just not sure. We use to pay for E-night and loved it!! We are really not big fans of the extra hours at night at MK now because of the crowds. We do normally travel to Disney during the summer so the parks are usually really crowded.
    Just do now know what to do??
    Scrappy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

First I would suggest you check out the Info Central section about MVMCP MVMCP Info Central. I ahve been to the Party several times and really enjoy it. The best advice I can give is to take advantage of the specila events offered at the party the Parade, Fireworks & Special shows if you are going just to ride rides then it's really not worth it but I think the entertainemnt and atmosphere is what it's all about.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jeff. If you're going just for the rides, save your money. The rides are generally pretty low on crowds, but it's just not worth it. The parade and the special shows are usually pretty crowded, but they are what make the party special. So, if you really dig the fireworks, parades and shows, it's worth it. If not, skip it.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Usually the ride lines are very short because most of the people are there for the special Christmas events (parade, fireworks etc.). To me, it's the best of both worlds. I think the MVMCP and MNSSHP are the two best times to be at the MK.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth trying at least once. We enjoy the special events that take place at no other time of the year

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

We have been twice and loved it!! We plan to go back again next year. We love the way it just puts you in the holiday mood. The parade, shows and fireworkd are awesome. I also like that you get the chance to get some great pictures with the characters in their holiday attire. Makes for great Christmas cards!

Post Thanks / Like

We love it and this will be our third trip we are going to the Christmas party. Don't forget your free cookies and hot chocolate
    Countless Disneyland trips
    May 2000 Honeymoon 1st DW Trip
    April 2001 AS Music
    May 2003 Off-site
    December 2003 AS Movies
    July 2004 Disneyland
    December 2005 AS Movies
    September 2007 Pop
    March 2009 Pop
    Christmas 2010 Movies
    June 2011 off-site
    Christmas 2012 Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

It always is a special night for our entire family. Don't miss it if you want festive.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

When we go, we go for the parades, fireworks, shows, snow on Main Street, and other party extras. We hardly ever get on a ride during the party. If going only for rides, I'd skip it as well.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

This will be our first year going. But if it's anything like the MNSSHP then I'm sure it will be worth it.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

If you enjoy the holiday's, then the Halloween & Xmas parties are lots of fun!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be a common question: Is it worth it?

Well we are going to the party for our first time this year. If it's anything as cool as the MNSSHP, than I'm sure it will be worth it.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Default Party is great!

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    When we go, we go for the parades, fireworks, shows, snow on Main Street, and other party extras. We hardly ever get on a ride during the party. If going only for rides, I'd skip it as well.
    This is exactly what we do, you can ride attractions anytime, but the special shows, parades and fireworks took the whole evening for us, going from one to another. We stood at Cinderella's castle watched show, turned around watched Christmas parade, turned back around for "Holiday Wishes" it was fab, that coupled with a show at the galaxy theatre and a few cookies and hot chocolates, a bit of snow and your done!
    Martin

Previous visits - 4 Off site, then
    Dec 2006 POFQ (Loved it!)
    Aug 2008 POFQ 14 Days
    Aug 2011 Saratoga Springs
    Sept 2015 Saratoga Springs - getting close now

When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.....

Post Thanks / Like

We went last year and loved it. The rides were pretty much walk on...not that we did too many. We spent a large part of the time getting autographs and pictures with the characters dressed in their hats and scarves. I don't know how the first parade was, but the second was packed...but worth it! It just had a wonderful feeling about it. If you are sentimental and get caught up in an atmosphere, mood, feeling, etc., then you will love it. I am a sentimental mushbag, and that's why we are going to the MNSSHP on Nov. 1st...we can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: