Quantcast 2011 Moms Panel applications coming soon - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Good luck everyone!! I'm applying this evening or tomorrow, as I work nights as a nurse and I just got up. I want to try to be as awake & excited about it as possible, although I'm not sure I COULD be more excited...

I agree with the previous posters, the questions seem very "blah" compared to last year... but maybe some of the things they're looking for have changed, or maybe they want to get more detailed in the next round, and will have more people make it to round two that way.

Whatever the case -- good luck to all my fellow Intercotees who've applied -- I hope some of us make it again this year!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Submitted my app this morning, maybe this is the magic year for me! Good luck to all!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_and_Chris View Post
    Are you going to be at the October meet? I will just miss it as we are checking in on Oct.18. I wish I would have known sooner on the dates. We could have planned better and moved our trip up! I would have loved to meet you!
    Hi Jennifer - yes, I will be at the meet! Most of the moms will be down that weekend for our annual reunion. This is the first time we'll be holding a meet during the reunion weekend so it should be fun!

Good luck again to all Intercotees who are applying!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied for the first time. No young person or non-married has ever been chosen, but I hope to buck that trend. I heard rumblings that Disney is looking for a slightly different mixture of demographics this year, which I hope works in my favor. Two current panelists suggested I apply, so I decided to give it a shot.

Good luck to everybody! I wish we could all make it! Even if I can't participate, I hope INTERCOT is well-represented.

As an aside, I wonder how Disney plans to whittle the pack down this year. The questions were very general and not particularly revealing. I tried to add flair and personality to the responses. Hopefully, that didn't come at the expense of actually giving the reviewers what they want.

Finally, I already know a couple people who were tripped up by an element of the question about World Showcase. Nice little curveball there.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Question

What exactly is the Mom's panelist "job"? I know you have to respond to a certain amount of questions, but what else is in the job description? What are the job perks? Is it a paid position?
    Next Trip-Jan 2012 POFQ! & 2nd DCL! Sailing To The Caribbean!

Previous Trips
    12/'10 CBR & 1st DCL
    12/'09 CBR
    12/'08 *1st On Property*- POFQ
    12/'07 *1st Christmas Trip*
    04/'06 1st trip back
    11/'91* 6 yrs old, My 1st Trip To WDW*

șoș "Let Us Not Forget,It All Started With A Mouse" șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    What exactly is the Mom's panelist "job"? I know you have to respond to a certain amount of questions, but what else is in the job description? What are the job perks? Is it a paid position?
    Panelists receive no compensation besides a free trip to Disney for training and all the fame and accolades that come with contributing to the panel. I joke about that second part.

As far as I know, panelists just answer a certain number of questions per week. I do not think the job requires anything else.

Post Thanks / Like

I put in my application this afternoon. I'm hoping 3rd times a charm! Good luck to everyone! Is it November 8th yet?????
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Just submitted my application. Hope to get to the next round! Good Luck Everyone!!!

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess21 View Post
    I can answer this! Yes, if selected as a panelist, you would be required to answer a certain amount of questions each week. You can answer these questions according to your schedule as the intranet site we use is basically up 24/7. Very flexible in that regards.

If selected, you will be flown in for a training weekend at Disney. Last year the group stayed at the Contemporary and the previous two years it was held at Coronado Springs. I'm not sure where the training will be held this year. Training weekend is an awesome experience.

Once trained, your main job will be to answer the questions. However, different public relation events are held throughout the year and many times a panelist or two will be invited to represent the Moms Panel. Moms are usually represented at red carpet events. For example, when Idol opened, several moms were asked to attend the event and earlier this year, we had some Moms at the ESPN WWOS rebrand for the green carpet event. Not all events are at Disney. For example, this week Laura and one of the moms are attending a conference in NC. We've also been invited to events in NYC. There seems to be something always going on!

I would say the best part of being on the panel is the many good friends you will meet.

For your service, if you are selected as FT (you "work" all year), you will receive a WDW vacation for you and 3 guests. Depending on availability, you can choose any moderate/ deluxe resort. The vacation includes airfare, room, dining, tickets.

If you are selected as PT (you "work" for only one quarter during the year) you will not receive a vacation but there are other perks. I haven't seen those perks officially advertised so I won't go into here but please note, things are subject to change...the above is what we have received in the past.

Laura and team also like to sprinkle pixie dust on us in other ways throughout the year to keep us motivated. It really is a fun gig.

Wishing you all the best!

Diane L

P.S. When I mention moms above, it includes the dads..anyone on the panel! AND, to be clear, it is not a requirement to be a parent to be on the panel!
    Proud mom to Monorail_Red and goofhook and DD Jenn!
    Proud member of the magical Disney Parks Moms Panel family.

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to see you still posting here Diane! Thanks for all your insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm so glad to see you still posting here Diane! Thanks for all your insight.
    I second this. So great to see you posting, Diane, and I think we all appreciate your perspective. I did not know you made the panel!

Like I said before, regardless of what happens, I hope INTERCOT receives its well-deserved recognition on the panel this year!

Good luck, everybody!

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question to those who have applied.....Did you receive a confirmation e-mail to your in box?? I have seen discussion about this on another site. I received confirmation on screen after I hit "submit", but did not get any type of e mail. Just curious.....
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenemmy View Post
    Quick question to those who have applied.....Did you receive a confirmation e-mail to your in box?? I have seen discussion about this on another site. I received confirmation on screen after I hit "submit", but did not get any type of e mail. Just curious.....
    Yes, I got a confirmation email. Good luck to all!
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

I received a confirmation e-mail almost instantly after submitting my application, but I know plenty of people who did not.

I read speculation that an automated filter flagged certain applications, but I find that theory difficult to believe. I suspect the e-mail server simply became overwhelmed by the weight of thousands of applicants, resulting in a slight mishap. As far as I can tell, the confirmation e-mail means nothing. If you reached that final page, your application went through successfully.

At least, I think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well, I did it - after probably too much consideration, I finally hit 'submit'.

Good luck to everyone -- I really hope some Intercotees make it the Panel again!

And Diane, thanks for the information - it is greatly appreciated!

(Oh, and for those wondering about the e-mail confirmation -- I read on another site from a panelist that as long as you received the confirmation on Disney's site, you are all set... not all confirmation e-mails go through properly, or they end up in your "spam" folder or filtered by your e-mail program. So, no worries as long as you were confirmed by Disney on the application website! )
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to everyone

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I applied this morning!
    Good luck to all!!!!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

I did receive a confirmation email later in the day after applying.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

I applied again. I have everytime and have never made it to the second round. This is my dream job, even if it isn't really a job
    Pick me! PLEASE!!
    Alice
    Disney Junkie and vacation planner
    10 trips and counting
    Next up June '14 very quick trip :)

Post Thanks / Like

So round one is over. When do we think they'll send out notices for round two?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: