Quantcast Epic Mickey Coming Soon! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

my mil gifted this game to me for Christmas! I too am a little embarrassed to say that i played for ev er yesterday! I have made it to tomorrow land er wait tomorrow city... very cool indeed... but those darn people movers were very tough and kept running over my poor mickey! After solving that "issue" I am painting again like a madman! I love the way you must use some brain to figure things out and am anxious to see how it all plays out... apparently there are different outcomes depending on how you play???
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    my mil gifted this game to me for Christmas! I too am a little embarrassed to say that i played for ev er yesterday! I have made it to tomorrow land er wait tomorrow city... very cool indeed... but those darn people movers were very tough and kept running over my poor mickey! After solving that "issue" I am painting again like a madman! I love the way you must use some brain to figure things out and am anxious to see how it all plays out... apparently there are different outcomes depending on how you play???
    I am stuck in Tomorrow City!!! The enemies are SO DIFFICULT TO KILL.

Tips?
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

pm sent
    so as not to spoil anything
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Good plan! :-)
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lettripp View Post
    I am stuck in Tomorrow City!!! The enemies are SO DIFFICULT TO KILL.

Tips?
    Yeah I just got to TomorrowCity so can't account for the bad guys there, but I've figured out the easiest way to kill baddies, especially when they are in groups, is to lure them near a pool of thinner or a cliff and knock them into the thinner or off the cliff w/ the spin move.

If there isn't anything like that nearby, lure them out into an open area, knock them out, paint one or two of the most powerful ones to help you out, then keep knocking them out and thinning them.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, in general I love the game. Still not as fun as Kingdom Hearts (my all time favorite Disney-related video game), but it is a lot of fun. Visually, it is one of the more interesting games I have seen in a long time. The creative, dynamic visuals really make up for the Wii's lack of HD and the "twisted" design of Disneyland is extremely innovative. I think it would actually make for a great movie.

The soundtrack is really cool too. The creepy IASW music when fighting the Clock Tower was especially unnerving.

Also the deteriorated, run down decorations/attractions are really neat (and creepy). The dumbo ride early on, ragged IASW dolls , etc. Also, MickeyJunk Mountain was really neat w/ all the old discarded Mickey merchandise.

I would also say that the story is very well done and very nostalgic. Really neat to see Oswald and speculate how the rise of Mickey Mouse to prominence might have made him feel, being the once bright-star of Walt Disney Animation.

The only downsides are some of the flaws in gameplay. I wish it was a little more action/strategy oriented and less "fetch-quests." Having to constantly go find lost junk or locate other characters gets a little annoying.

Also, the camera is a little messy, but not as bad as I have seen some people say. I will say, you absolutely have to use the manual camera controls (D-pad) and even those don't always work. Once I got used to using the D-pad in conjunction w/ moving it made it a lot easier.

All-in-all I'd say this is a fun, visually amazing game that will certainly not blow away anyone (especially hardcore gamers or those focused more on HD pixels and less on originality), but can be a very fun game for disney and non-disney lovers alike.
    Recent Disney Trips
    -May 2007 (Pop Century)
    -Oct. 2007 (Saratoga Springs)
    -Dec. 2007 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Oct. 2008 (Caribbean Beach)
    -Feb. 2010 (Pop Century)
    -Feb. 2011 (AKL)
    -Feb. 2012 (DL - Paradise Pier Hotel)
    -Dec. 2012 (Coronado Springs)
    -Oct. 2014 (Coronado Springs)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Santa delivered Epic Mickey to our house for Christmas (it was all DS4 would say he wanted!).

A couple thoughts on it ... first off, Santa was very generous with the Wii games in our house so it hasn't actually gotten that much play yet. Right now Lego Batman & Robin is the big hit.

My immediate thoughts were that it was a visually appealing game (especially for Wii) and that the gameplay was fairly unique. It's a relatively compelling story (I agree that the Oswald theme is a neat choice) and is very well done in terms of the overall feel of the environment.

I will say that I'd have to agree with most folks reviewing it and say that I find the camera angles fairly annoying. I play a lot of first-person games like this and while it's true that they all suffer from this problem to some degree, EM seems to be worse than others. It's frustrating especially when you're in battle and you can't get the camera swung around behind you fast enough to actually see your enemies. That annoyed me.

I also would dispute Disney's claim that it's suitable for kids of all ages. If you can't read, you really can't play the game effectively. I actually feel bad for DS4, because he was so excited to get this, but very disappointed once he played it because he was clearly confused. And let me tell you ... he's a very avid gamer and loves the Wii. He's not your typical four year old when it comes to video games.

Overall I just have to dig a bit deeper into it myself before I can give it a thorough review. These are just very topline comments based on maybe two or three hours worth of total game play.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with you Ian that it may not be so suitable to younger players... in fact, my dd7 was somewhat frightend/upset by the opening seen when our hero is "sucked" in to the park. She will live, no doubt, but there are some dark things in there... the blob thing at CP is still giving me nightmares! hahaha
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It does say on the box that you should have basic reading skills in order to play the game, but you're right that they really didn't advertise that point of the game much at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cut scene's with the 2D animation, but I kind of wish that they could have made them 3D with the actual voices of the characters instead of reading subtitles. It's okay though, it just would have been a plus...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by WDWfanatic742 View Post
    It does say on the box that you should have basic reading skills in order to play the game, but you're right that they really didn't advertise that point of the game much at all.

Don't get me wrong, I like the cut scene's with the 2D animation, but I kind of wish that they could have made them 3D with the actual voices of the characters instead of reading subtitles. It's okay though, it just would have been a plus...
    I agree on both points actually, but of course my son didn't see the box before he got all excited over the ads he saw on T.V.

And all the pre-launch publicity and reviews basically said it was "suitable for all ages", so I didn't know any better to try and talk him out of it.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    i agree with you Ian that it may not be so suitable to younger players... in fact, my dd7 was somewhat frightend/upset by the opening seen when our hero is "sucked" in to the park. She will live, no doubt, but there are some dark things in there... the blob thing at CP is still giving me nightmares! hahaha
    If I remember correctly, that was one of Warren Spector's aims when designing the game. He said in an interview that he wanted Disney to scare the youngsters a bit again just like they did in the early films.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Incredible! I just finished defeating petaTRONic! They threw in a tron and disc fighiting element! Very cool! Has anyone gotten all the way through this thing?
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got it and I am still in IASM.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

So I got the latest GameInformer today and in there is an interview with Warren Spector who created the game.

About the voice-less characters:

I thought it would be best to borrow an approach Walt used in the earliest Mickey cartoons where he didn't use actual words, but communicated mostly by making noises. I also had it in my head that Oswald, as a silent cartoon charater, couldn't talk and as ruler of Wasteland laid down the law - "if I can't speak, no one will."
    About the camera problems:

There were situations in the game where we took control of the camera, which was necessary, but we decided not to let players override our decision. In other words, there are times when the manual camera controls simply don't work. Now, I think that may not have been our best decision. [...] I still think we did well - given the challenge we faced in combining these two genres into one game...
    About making the game for Sony and Microsoft:

Man, I get asked this a lot and I always have to give the same answer. There's not reason why we couldn't put Disney Epic Mickey on other platforms. However, we're not working on it at this time.
    About a sequel to Epic Mickey:

As far as a second Epic Mickey game goes, there's not shortage of interesting challenges to tackle. I have some ideas about music gameplay that could be fun and there's a world of stuff we can do with paint and thinner that we couldn't even have thought of the first time around.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon is selling the game TODAY ONLY for $29.99. Just go to the gold box and it is the deal of the day while supplies last.

If you were thinking of picking this up, today's the day...
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

so, ive made it back to mickey junk mountain and am fighting a flying blob of sorts.. anyone here yet?
    i am ashamed to tell you guys how long it has taken us to get here (or how much time we have wasted playing this...)
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

IN The Towers!!!!
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That loud yell you may have just heard??
    That was me helping Mickey get his heart back!!
    DONE!
    Wondering what I win for my efforts???
    Forever
    Rely
    On
    God!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Massive five and a half month thread bump...

There are signs pointing to a sequel either being talked about or under development with rumors of a two player mode with one person controlling Mickey and the other controlling Oswald. Also in the rumor, is that it will be out for PS3, 360, and Wii although that could change with it being so far away and the newer generation of consoles in the coming years...

Myself, I still haven't finished the first one
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: