Quantcast Use park ticket and/or event ticket?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Use park ticket and/or event ticket?

Can't decide what to do...we are buying a ticket for the christmas party at MK...should i just wait to go to the MK when the party starts or should i use a park ticket and an event ticket to get a whole day in....we have been to the MK before and we are two adults no children..would like to be able to enjoy the rides such as pirates, splash mtn, space, and haunted mansion...but not sure if time allows for use to do those things plus the party and fireworks...have ADR's for 3:15 at The crystal Palace but can change those. If i change those whats the best time and place to watch parades and such for dinner? Time only allows for us to spend one day in each park....Thanks in advance for all help!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you can enter the park 2-3hrs before the event begins, so I'd opt for the special event ticket only. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you want to be there.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

This year it appears the event tickets are good for the event ONLY. So if it starts at 7pm, that event ticket won't work before 7pm. This is the first year they are enforcing it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I think you can enter the park 2-3hrs before the event begins, so I'd opt for the special event ticket only. I guess it ultimately depends on how much you want to be there.
    Not anymore! As of this year, entry with the ticket will be at/after 7pm, not at/after 4pm as in previous years.

I would use your regular park ticket to go to another park during the day, then go the MK at 7 and enjoy the festivities.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Not anymore! As of this year, entry with the ticket will be at/after 7pm, not at/after 4pm as in previous years.
    Your source for this is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Your source for this is?
    It has been widely reported by folks have been told of this rule change when ordering their party tickets on the phone. Disney hasn't put out a press release, but if the CMs on the phone are not taking liberties with the truth, it has changed.

My letter included with my MNSSHP states: "one admission to MNSSHP at the MK on 10/14/2010 from 7:00PM until Midnight."

Not sure if the letter said the same thing in previous years or not, but that is what I have for this year's.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Rumor has it that this year that will not be the case. Before you make that decision, at least wait until people start posting about their experience. First party, I think, is Sept. 14.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pillowfight8 View Post
    Can't decide what to do...we are buying a ticket for the Christmas party at MK...should i just wait to go to the MK when the party starts or should i use a park ticket and an event ticket to get a whole day in....we have been to the MK before and we are two adults no children..would like to be able to enjoy the rides such as pirates, splash mtn, space, and haunted mansion...but not sure if time allows for use to do those things plus the party and fireworks...have ADR's for 3:15 at The crystal Palace but can change those. If i change those whats the best time and place to watch parades and such for dinner? Time only allows for us to spend one day in each park....Thanks in advance for all help!!
    Keep in mind that the cost to add a fourth day to a 3-day ticket is ONLY about $6, and to add a fifth, sixth, seventh, etc... is ONLY about $3 per day. With this in mind, if you are contemplating buying a 3 day ticket instead of a 4 day ticket, your will only save about $6. Saving that $6 will cost you very valuable time at MK if your are only going to go to MK on your party date.

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    It has been widely reported by folks have been told of this rule change when ordering their party tickets on the phone. Disney hasn't put out a press release, but if the CMs on the phone are not taking liberties with the truth, it has changed.

My letter included with my MNSSHP states: "one admission to MNSSHP at the MK on 10/14/2010 from 7:00PM until Midnight."

Not sure if the letter said the same thing in previous years or not, but that is what I have for this year's.
    The letter from our 2003 tickets says they are good for the time stated on the ticket ($31.90 including tax!). I cannot see that part of the ticket because it is plastered to a scrapbook page. But I found our tickets from 2007(35.95 +tax) and the ticket says "good for MNSSHP from 7:00PM to Midnight. I know people were going in early on that day.

But, why not do Animal Kingdom that day. It usually closes around 5:00 anyway. Then you can still be at the party by 7:00 and then have a whole day at MK later to do all the rides. Because honestly, if you do the party stuff, trick or treat, characters, parade, shows and wishes, there really isn't any time to ride anything and the party stuff is what you have paid extra for.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't mean it quite like it sounded, but, the tickets have always stated and all of the promotional info has the parties starting at 7.

East turnstiles have opened at 4 pm to allow party guests in early to relieve entry congestion, because if they did not, the lines at the turnstiles would be looooooooooong. In addition we always have had ticket verification and wrist banding in the Rose Garden for guests that were already in the park. Park "sweep" starts at 7 to clear the non wrist banded guests out of the park and only takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

It has become so efficient in the past year that I could not see them changing it now as it would invite extreme congestion and would not allow for an efficient park sweep in time for setup for the first parade.

I worked (Parade Audience Control or turnstiles) for all but one of the halloween parties and all but 2 of the Christmas parties last year so I do know what the planning scheme was. I'll be back down in a couple of weeks and will ask one of our managers if there is any change.

Not saying that they aren't going to change it but, knowing what I do know about how the system works, it would really surprise me that they would make this change.

Just my $.02

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey91 View Post
    But, why not do Animal Kingdom that day. It usually closes around 5:00 anyway. Then you can still be at the party by 7:00 and then have a whole day at MK later to do all the rides. Because honestly, if you do the party stuff, trick or treat, characters, parade, shows and wishes, there really isn't any time to ride anything and the party stuff is what you have paid extra for.
    I think doing AK that day is a great idea, especially if you like to maximize your park time at WDW. Can't believe I didn't think of that!

Quote Originally Posted by 11290 View Post
    Didn't mean it quite like it sounded, but, the tickets have always stated and all of the promotional info has the parties starting at 7.

East turnstiles have opened at 4 pm to allow party guests in early to relieve entry congestion, because if they did not, the lines at the turnstiles would be looooooooooong. In addition we always have had ticket verification and wrist banding in the Rose Garden for guests that were already in the park. Park "sweep" starts at 7 to clear the non wrist banded guests out of the park and only takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

It has become so efficient in the past year that I could not see them changing it now as it would invite extreme congestion and would not allow for an efficient park sweep in time for setup for the first parade.

I worked (Parade Audience Control or turnstiles) for all but one of the Halloween parties and all but 2 of the Christmas parties last year so I do know what the planning scheme was. I'll be back down in a couple of weeks and will ask one of our managers if there is any change.

Not saying that they aren't going to change it but, knowing what I do know about how the system works, it would really surprise me that they would make this change.

Just my $.02
    There have been multiple reports of people being told this rule change by CMs at CRO. I always felt like this started with a memo posted at the coffee pot that, just as in years before, that the parties started at 7pm, and from that memo, some rookie CMs took that to mean that entry wasn't allowed until 7pm, and as that misinterpretation got repeated around the water cooler, it spread around the globe.

All pure speculation on my part, but I too would be shocked if Disney actually changed this rule.

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

OOPS! Sorry, I was thinking Halloween. There is no trick or treating at Christmas! Obviously! LOL! But the shows and character meets are worth every minute! Make sure to meet Belle. She usually shows up in her Christmas gown and it is the only time you will see her in it!
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '95~ASSp

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom what a great idea for that day, Thanks so much for the help , I knew there was someone with a great idea out there. Thanks!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: