Quantcast You know you're addicted to WDW when... - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RavsRuleDisney! View Post
    It's all about the "smells"....the monorail, POLY lobby, buffets, etc. all have unique smells (good ones of course!) that hit me in unusal, unexpected places.
    Absolutely. I work on the Virginia Tech campus, and we just opened a new dining hall (spectacular, BTW). I went in to try it out, and it smelled *just like* the Riverside Mill at POR. It got me so excited for our upcoming trip. One month from today!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTink View Post
    When you find "hidden Mickeys" everywhere you go.

I too am often reminded by various things of the smell of Rome burning in SE.

Yup.
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a few of my additions:

-When the background on your computer is a picture of New Fantasyland
    -When you have the Intercot countdown on your desktop (65 days!!)
    -When you buy your mom an apple candle for Christmas because it smells like the apple pie at Philharmagic
    -When you and your mother start planning the decorations for your window at POP three months early by buying a mini Christmas tree and building a light-up wreath in the shape of a Mickey
    -When you have too many photo albums and scrapbooks dedicated to Disney to count
    -When you have at least 100 Disney beanie babies surrounding the walls of your bedroom
    -When your pin shadow box and lanyard are full of pins and in need of another shadow box
    -When you and your coworker are obsessed with Disney and that's all you talk about when you work together
    -When you wear only Disney shirts a month leading up to your trip
    -When you are talking to people for the first time and you gasp when they say they have never been to WDW / when they say they hate Disney

Shall-ist I need to continue?

Oh yeah, and the most important of all:

-When you are in college and your 19th birthday is finally on a break from school so you beg your mom to book a trip to Disney for it by making the homepages on the computer be flight information and hotel information

Yeah, I'm Hannah and I have ODD (Obsessive Disney Disorder).
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Our family went camping last night with some other families from our church. There was of course, a campfire. We hung out, made S'mores, etc, etc. Typical camping stuff.

This morning, when I got up, I put my clothes on that I had worn yesterday. When I grabbed them to put them on, the first thought that popped in my head *wasn't* "Hey, these smell like smoke!" It was, "Hey, these smell like that part of Spaceship Earth where they're depicting Rome burning!"

Hysterical!!! I love this smell!!!
    I also love the smell of splash mountains water. My mom says it smells musty but I love it. We were walking by a reservoir in Cranston RI and I said hey! That water smells just like splash mountain! Lol
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread! I am truly Disney obsessed and so glad to be in "magical" company
    I know I'm addicted to Disney when I discovered a candle at Walmart that smells exactly like the beach scene on Soarin, I walked around the store carrying and smelling the magic Also do the hidden Mickey thing, me and my best friend have actually created an everyday hidden Mickey album, and of course my room is completely Disney decked out
    Married my prince charming Nov 10, 2013!!
    Nov '13 honeymoon trip at AoA
    Sept '14 Upcoming trip at AoA

Many trips since '85
    Addicted to Pixie Dust since Birth!
    Tomorrow Is Just a Dream Away

Post Thanks / Like

- when all of our computers have wdw backgrounds on them.

- when i carry a disney mug to work.

- when i get on intercot all of the time even though our next trip isn't going to be for a long time.

- read restaurant reviews all of the time.

- when i see something that looks like mickey ears and i call it a hidden mickey.

- whenever we get on the highway it reminds us of driving to the airport and going to orlando.

- whenever we go to the farthest mall only b/c it has a disney store in it.

- whenever we have days and we say 'i'm in a disney mood today.'

- we still play the spectromagic audio in the morning from time to time.

- listening to the haunted mansion audio a lot right now!

i could go on.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

When you’re out shopping at a mall (not on vacation) and you hear your daughter’s friend (who is also from a family of Disney junkies) say, “There’s no price on this, let’s find a cast member!”

Walking past the bathroom and thinking, "that smells like Mickey's Philharmagic!"....Glade Apple Cinnamon spray smells just like the pie in the "Be Our Guest" portion. I will never buy any other scent!

Also, my sister was in town(Jefferson City, MO) for a day last week and road back to Kansas City with us. We got in the car, plugged in my iPhone, started an Intercot Podcast and my 8-year-old daughter turns to my sister and says, “And this is our ride to Kansas City…”

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

When you're walking down Main Street, U.S.A., listening to the music and you realize they're not playing the songs in the correct sequence; the loop has been changed! (Some songs are newly added. Some are different versions of previous songs.) I picked up on it right away.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

When you watch you tube videos that people have posted from various rides throughout the park - every morning while getting ready - or listening to Intercot podcasts every morning!

When you carry your soda to every morning work meeting in a Disney Souvenier Cup while everyone else has the swank Starbucks cups, etc.

When you have a photo of your daughter sitting on the same fencing outside the garden area in Canada at Epcot with the little log cabin the background as your wallpaper background - same pose each trip.

When you are typing Disney Obsession lists at 11:15 PM when you should be going to bed on a worknight!

And yes, I too find all sorts of hidden Mickey's everywhere in the "real" world. Although in my thoughts, WDW is the REAL world!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

There is a car in the parking lot of our condo building in DC that is "HDNMCKY"...what else can you think of that will bring me back to Disney faster than that!
    ºoº figgie ºoº - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

When it is the day before the ICOT15 meet and you are so anxious that you are not going to be there that your skin is crawling and you feel terrible that your missing it. Probably too much information, but its a fact of an addicted life.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one that happened this morning...

When you're out of soap in the shower, and the only soap you can find is the soap you took from the last WDW hotel you stayed at. When you use it, the scent makes you feel like when you get out of the shower, you're heading to a park.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep saying the next trip to WDW is my last trip because of the high prices, but it never is. I always end up going again. Push that credit card to the limit
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    when my next trip is still 3 months away (80 days) and i cant stand it and all i am motivated to do is check intercot and look at other disney sites to gather all the information that i can because all i can do is think about going to disney!
    This is totally me! LOL I've become Disney obsessed since booking our trip and we have 105 days left! In my defense though it's been 10 years since DH and I have been to WDW and it's our girls' first time so I'm extremely excited to make it the best trip possible.
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Addicted to DLRs (not just WDW) when you return home from WDW and book two more vacations to DLRs on different continents (WDW & DLR-HK)
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

We had a baby so we would have an excuse to go every year and our friends wouldn't laugh at us)))))))))
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

You know you are addicted when you...

1. You Look at WDW things for more than 2 hours and you dont have a trip in the works.

2. Have a Disney/ WDW Themed Room

3. Using WDW Resort shampoo and soap when youre having a bad day to make it a little brighter.

4.When You see Disney World related things on Tv and You have a Disney Nerd Heart attack.

5. Always See hidden MIckeys everywhere.

6. When you are dissapointed when you are handed a non- Mickey Mouse mug.

7. Listen to Disney Music and WDW music to get your fix of Disney for that day.

8. Have a plethora of Disney Movie CDs and WDW CDs and that primarily all you listen to.

Post Thanks / Like

- When you just had to order a new Disney Vacation Planning DVD because you have watched all of the available options on Netflix and your own stash of old DVDs.

- When you check the price of Disney weddings so that you have plenty of time to start saving up over the next three years. It's either Disney wedding, Disney honeymoon, or no cigar! And luckily, he knows and is still hanging in there!

- When your friends refer to you as "The Disney Princess".

- When you remind your dad that it's time to start thinking about what restaurants we want to book for our trip in May... we're just getting too close to that 180 day mark to not be sure!

- When you spend all afternoon trying to track down Remy merch for your DBF who is also quickly becoming a Disney fanatic too!

- When you sit with DBF for his first time at IllumiNations and he looks at you and says, "Hey, I actually get to see it now, not just listen to it in the car!"
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

My DS (9yo) and I were picking out a scented candle when he said " I want this one. It smells like Disney!"
    May 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    May 2015 - Disney Cruise Line - Fantasy
    July 2014 - PO Riverside Royal Guest
    July 2013 - Polynesian
    Sepy 2000 & Mar 2012 - PO French Quarter
    May 2010 & Aug 2016- POP Century
    Aug 2007 - PO Riverside AB
    Aug 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2008 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

When you incorporate Disney characters into your powerpoint lectures. (AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL)
    (This is how I find other Disney-maniacs.....)
    ]1990-CBR:Honeymoon
    1995 Dixie Landings Ann.
    1998 AS Music
    1999 AS Movies
    2003 Dixie Landings/Polynesian
    2005 POR
    2006 Swan
    2008 POR
    2010 Beach Club 20yr
    2011 Hilton Bon Cr Marriott World Ctr Boardwalk
    2013 Disneyland Hotel
    2016 AS Music