So, our family visited Legoland on Friday (we've been there several times) and went to their NEW Water Park. It was amazing! Sure, it was small, but it was very well done, clean, well staffed, safe, and most of all, FUN for everyone! This water park is geared towards kids, mostly, which makes it much, much different from the other water parks in the area. We all loved it! It is a wonderful family water park. I will venture to say, at the risk of being blasphemous, I enjoyed it more than both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon (WITH the kids...without, there is no doubt that the Disney water parks wins).

It got me to thinking...Disney REALLY dropped the ball here. They have had the opportunity to construct a Water Park near Disneyland for a long time, and for the life of me, I can't imagine what is holding them back. This type of thing could be SUCH a money cow for Disney. There really is nothing comparable in the area, Legoland's park being, really, the only water attraction for YOUNGER kids in the entire So. Cal area (many of the other water parks have minimum height requirements of 48" for the slides, and their kids areas are abysmal).

Legoland's water park is small, and they control the crowds by allowing only 2500 people in at a time, and it's "attached" to the rest of the park. However, Disney has room to build something significantly bigger, and they could really do a great business. The water park was packed, and I venture to guess that Legoland's attendance this summer will increase a HUGE percentage due to this.

So, anyone have any insight as to whether Disney has plans for a water park in Anaheim? I think they need to seriously consider it, if it hasn't been already.