Quantcast ouch! do you get blisters?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ouch! do you get blisters?

hi,

dw and I love september for free dining and low crowds but she gets blisters every trip because it is so hot and humid.

does anyone else have this problem and and any good ideas to prevent or control them?
    "there`s a great big beautiful tomorrow"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Not usually but I did on our last trip. Be sure to bring moleskin with you which helps when blisters develop. Also, sporting goods stores sell productsthat help prevent chaffing and blisters. I think one of the products is called Glide though I have never personally used it.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Body Glide is a good product. It comes in a stick much like an antiperspirant.

There are also many different brands of Blister Stick products out there.

Those will help protect against blisters, as will baby powder in socks and shoes, but IF you do get them anyway, faline is very much correct with the use of moleskin! It covers the blister completely and pads it for protection. Heck, you could even use it as a preventative - cover the areas that are prone to blistering and protect them from the rubbing before they blister.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

There are also padded adhesive bandages made for blisters - next to the bandaids in the drugstore.
    Kate

First visit: 1974 (off property)
    In between: 6 visits (off property), then:
    POR 2002
    CS - 2003
    AKL - 2005
    POR March 2006
    POR August 2006
    Upcoming: August 2010

Post Thanks / Like

There is a product that my husband learned about from a runners website. It is Flexitol Heel Balm.

Put it all over your feet daily like lotion - not only will you get soft pretty feet, but it keeps the blisters away. I have used it on our last two trips and did not get even a hot spot.

I would not have believed it had it not worked for me. I have found it at our local grocery store, HEB as well as at Walmart in the foot care section. I will never go to Disney without it!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I get blisters everytime we go to WDW. I have tried baby powder in the socks, a couple kinds of lotions, but the blisters always show up..
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get an actual blister, but a "hot spot" shows up on the foot I broke years ago. I always bring moleskin with me. That seems to head off any blisters.

And, there is nothing better than a good soak in hot water at the end of the day.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Band-Aid makes a GREAT blister block. It looks like a little deodorant and works ALL DAY! I don't get blisters anymore and never had to reapply!
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Before my last trip I'd read on here about moleskin so I picked some up and was sure glad that I did. My shoes are always totally broken in and yet I still get really bad blisters on toes and heels. After a day or two without any protection I was in a lot of pain. I put the moleskin on and it was a true blessing. This year I'm putting it on from day one to prevent the pain.
    Upcoming Trip - 9/2012
    9/18/10-9/25/10 POP (kids stay & play free)
    9/17/08-9/24/08 POP (free dining)
    9/2000 CBR
    9/1998 Offsite
    9/1996 Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I always take Moleskin with me also, but I am inclined to try the other lotions and such out there as previously mentioned! I have noticed that I don't usually get blisters when I wear my Nike flip flops, only sneakers. Go figure!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Walk. Lots. Before you arrive.

If your body/feet are already accustomed to walking or running multiple miles per day then walking around Disney should cause no problems. No different from how farmers can work all day without getting blisters and your typical suburbanite gets blisters on their hands from one spring morning working in the garden.

Plus the extra exercise never hurt anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The past 5 trips we have taken, I have been blister free thanks to crocs.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

I always got blisters no matter what but two years ago I rubbed body glide at the bottom of my feet and got none!!! Then, my husband who usually never gets blisters started to develop one and he used the body glide too and his problem was solved!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband always got horrible blisters on our trips until he purchased a pair of Keen sandals. They were pricey (about $100) but he says they are worth every penny. Our last 2 trips have been blister free and they are now the only shoes he will wear to the parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    Walk. Lots. Before you arrive.

If your body/feet are already accustomed to walking or running multiple miles per day then walking around Disney should cause no problems. No different from how farmers can work all day without getting blisters and your typical suburbanite gets blisters on their hands from one spring morning working in the garden.

Plus the extra exercise never hurt anyone.
    This is true. You have to toughen up your feet if you want to stay bliste free. I run, and my feet are all calloused up. I haven't had a blister since I was a kid. My feet aren't so pretty, but they are tough! Part of the problem, for women especially, is the notion that callouses are bad, and there are all these products out there like pumice stones, scrubs, and lotions meant to remove them, and leave feet "baby soft". Problem is, then you get blisters when you walk for a long time.

Best prevention for blisters is feet that are used to walking, with callouses in the right places. I daresay, when you get blisters, do nothing, and the skin will naturally form a callous, protecting from future ones.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I used to get blisters until I started wearing crocs while I am at WDW. I hate how the crocs look, but who cares, because I don't get blisters anymore...not even 1!

Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I always get blisters between my toes. The last couple trips I found that if I change my shoes, and wear flip flop (comfy ones w/an arch) I don't get the blisters. If I see or feel one coming on I put a bandaid on it right away.

Post Thanks / Like

I wear the really soft Nike flip flops and my feet are hardly even sore at all!!!!
    '03 WDW--PORS, '03 Disney Wonder, '04 WDW--ASM, '06: WDW--SS, '06: Disneyland--Fairfield Inn, '09: DD's first trip to WDW!! OKW, '09: AKL & Disney Wonder, '10: Disney's HHI Resort, '10: WDW--BLT, Disney's HHI Resort '11, & WDW-AKL '11, WDW, AKL '12,WDW--BLT '13,Disney Dream '13

Post Thanks / Like

Moleskin has been my friend for many years, but I've just discovered the 'blister block' from Band-Aid and it's awesome! Happy Feet!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We have tried everything and repeatedly we get blisters. We always bring moleskin and we have found that crocs are our best friends in disney. I have found that changing my shoes every other day helps too. Prevents aggravating that same rubbing spot. I usually rotate between my crocs and my sneakers.
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: