Quantcast Question Regarding Quick Service Dining Plan

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Question Regarding Quick Service Dining Plan

Hello all!!! Can't put into words how excited I am to be planning my first trip in over seven years!!! However, things have changed, naturally. So I do have several questions, and I apologize if these questions have been asked/answered previously.

I am considering purchasing the quick service dining plan for our upcoming trip in January. Has anyone purchased this dining plan? Did you feel limited or that you weren't getting enough food? While I do realize the standard option offers larger savings, I would rather save the time and $ if the quick service option is satisfactory.

Also, does anyone know if Disney has ever offered free dining in January? If there's a chance that we get oh-so-lucky with free food, we will be able to stay at the Caribbean, my absolute favorite!!!!.

Thanks for all your help!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the quick service dining plan in Feb. You get a refillable mug to use at your resort.Two meals plus two snacks per day.Had snack credits left over.Cashed them in at the confectionary at MK.Took home cotton candy,candy apples,rice krispy treats,gummy bears,etc.Meals are good variety also.Thought we would be limited to burgers,chicken,and pizza but not the case.We had fish & chips in UK,mashed potatos & meatloaf at Wolfgang's Puck Express at DTD for example.The best part about it is eating when you choose.You are not running around trying to make ADR's.Hope this helps you.Have a great trip at the most magical place on earth!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it all depends where you eat whether or not you get your money's worth. Some of the best "bang for the buck" CS restaurant's IMO are:

Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD
    Sunshine Season's in Epcot
    Flame Tree BBQ in AK
    Cosmic Ray's in MK
    Everything Pop Food Court (if you're staying there or willing to make the trip)

Yak & Yeti CS window looks real good but I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on portion size vs value.

As for snacks, the bakeries in the France & Norway pavilions of WS in Epcot have great pastries and most are big enough to share.
    Main Street Bakery in MK is also one of our faves. Their carrot cake is huge and there's been times when my Fiance' & I couldn't finish a piece even when sharing.

I think as long as you don't have a bunch of TS favorites that you'll miss doing You'll be fine. Just do your research to get the most out of the plan.
    You could always eat at a couple TS restaurants that you're interested in by paying out of pocket if your budget allows.
    șoș Joe șoș
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Dolphin - May '99
    Pop - July '04
    ASMu - Sept '05
    Pop - Sept '06
    Pop - Sept '07
    Pop - Sept '08
    Pop - Sept '09
    Pop - Sept '10 HONEYMOON
    Pop - Sept '11
    Pop - Nov '12
    Pop NYE '13/'14
    NEXT TRIP - Pop - Nov 9th-16th '14

Post Thanks / Like

We did the Quick service diding last year and we really liked it. Had plenty to eat for the 4 of us and we are big eaters. I liked eating when we felt like it, you just need to find places that serve something besides burgers, fries, pizza and chicken and they are out there. I don't know that i have ever heard of a special in January. Hope this helps.
    Lori

Tinkerbell Fan "Here's Pixie Dust to You"

October 2005, Animal Kingdom and CBR
    Sept. 2006, POR
    Sept. 2007, AS Music
    May 2008, AS Movies
    April 2009, AS Music
    Sept. 2010 POFQ
    Sept. 2012 Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

im glad i caught onto this thread, because for the first time me and dw will be taking a departure from our deluxe plan to the quick service plan, and from what im reading so far there are no complaints about it , we decided for us to change things up a bit so that our trips (we try to go every 6 months), don't get stagnent with doing the same old thing. the ddp was great and we enjoyed it very much, but the only drawback was that it made us be on a schedule because of the adr's that were made. we would do a ts for breakfest then a cs for lunch and a ts for dinner, now we'll be able to go anywhere we choose, at whatever time we feel hungry which will be a nice thing, so again thanks for starting this thread

victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for starting this thread Venus! I too am considering the quick service dining plan for our first trip. My question is specifically about the options for kids. They seem really limited, is this the case? My son will be 8 a few weeks away from his 9th birthday when we go. Would the kids meals fill him up? He is a very active kid and can eat quite a bit. Would I be able to upgrade his dining plan and still get him child park tickets?

Thanks!
    Liz
    WDW October 2011 - POR
    WDW October 2015 - CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Would I be able to upgrade his dining plan and still get him child park tickets?
    Unfortunately, no. If you are upgrading his dining plan to adult, his ticket media would also have to be adult.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SHORTY;2061200]Yak & Yeti CS window looks real good but I haven't tried it yet QUOTE]

Yak & Yeti CS is awesome! We ate there both times we were at AK on our last trip. I got the Kung Po Beef. It is a decent size container with beef and rice. Very filling and the quality of the food is very good. Plus they have a nice seating area.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all the help! Think I'll give the quick service plan a try I'll let everyone know how it pans out. Well, six months from now, i will

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: