Quantcast Work at home...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Work at home...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Work at home...

Does anyone know of any legitimate work at home companies/agencies?

I am looking for something, and don't have any solid leads... I got burned when I was in my late teens by the 'stuff envelopes' scam, and lost $20 bucks... Live and learn...

Any help would be appreciated...
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know of any legit ones. Just be careful. There are some scams going around now where you're supposed to do some sort of work at home or be a "secret" shopper. They send a pretty large check, tell you to deposit it, and mail money orders or wire them back a huge portion and keep the rest for you. These are definitely not legit! Unfortunately lots of people get taken by this one and by the time, the bank notifies you that the check is fraudulent, it's too late and you're the one who takes the hit moneywise!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know of any either but a legit company will not ask you to pay them anything to do their work. If they ask for money, it is a scam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    ... If they ask for money, it is a scam.
    This part I know... Been there, done that...
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

In New Jersey there was recently a big bust on a work from home scam. It had something to do with felony mail fraud and a mafia family...

STAY AWAY...IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!!!

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

You can also look into starting your own business that you can do from home. I don't have any experience with it, and it would take a while to set up a client base, but companys like Mary Kay and Avon encourage work from home. Or get a certificate in bookkeeping. Adult education out here offers five or six classes needed to get a certificate in bookkeeping, then you can do that work from your home computer. Again, though, you'll need to build a client base - the best way to do that would be to have connections at an accounting office. I work at one and we often have clients asking us for names of bookkeepers.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas Aryn!
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you of something to AVOID!!! medical billing and coding.
    I am a RHIT ( Registered Health Information Management). I attended a techical school for 2 yrs and the program was accredited thru AHIMA ( American Health Information Management Assoc). You will not be able to get a good paying job thru the classes that are offered thru the ads in magazines. Now I see this advertised on TV, too.

All respectable hospitals will make sure your education was thru an accredited program.

Post Thanks / Like

you might want to try calling larger companies with call centers directly if you have a dsl connection they might be able to connect you into there central system for your home that way.

another option are virtual assistant services, like callruby.com, these are services that offer to smaller business the ability to have answer the phone for there company 24 hours a day, giving them the look of a larger compony. many also offer other services to there clients much like an dedicated personal assistant would.
    “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
    Arthur C. Clarke

"Disney Imagineers- mixing imagination with vision and technology to really bring magic to life"

“The closer you look at something, the more you see…”

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your skillset, you might consider checking out a site called elance where you can bid on different types of jobs (IT, admin, translation, programming, research, etc.) as a freelancer. Good luck!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

A friend of the family works as a transcriber from home. She takes tapes from doctors, lawyers, etc. and then transcribes them. I think she makes decent money and it's all work from home.

Not sure what qualifications you need for that, though, but it might be something to check into.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ian... I'm sure that it takes some training, and I'm all up for that !! I appreciate everyones ideas (and warnings ) and will take them all into consideration before moving on... I'm in no hurry so baby steps are good in this instance..
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: